New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #10 NZ

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I use to really like following sera Lynne. But it really irks me that she talks about she’s worked really hard so deserves privilege (self privilege) my mum is a paediatric Ed nurse and literally saves childrens lives daily and absolutely works her butt off probably more so than sera Lynne and we don’t get to live a luxurious lifestyle. And to add my parents both earn six figure incomes and we just scrape by and don’t live in a luxurious house or drive flash cars. So it’s a lot of factors not just working hard!
admitedly I’m a bit bias as I like Sera but I think she answered the questions pretty well and genuinely. Obviously they miss the mark with a lot of people but I don’t think she (as a person) has any malicious intent or bad intentions at all. and answered true to her.

fair to say that yes her lifestyle is one of privilege whether or not self made but she also acknowledges this and is clearly a “luxury” influencer so if that is too hard for people then simple don’t follow?

also why doesn’t my phone bleeping auto capitalise so annoying.

Reactions: 5
Did officiallyem (back when she was raising Ziggy) and Emily writes do a speaking tour together ages ago? Or am I mixing them up with someone else ? (I know Emily and Rebecca did one last year but I’m thinking like 3-4 years ago)
I don’t think they were very close and I don’t remember them ever touring together. I’ve been to OfficiallyEm’s show and Emily and Rebecca’s and they’re really different. Emily and Rebecca’s was a comedy show and OfficiallyEm’s was more “this is my life story and this is my husband”. My theory is OfficiallyEm was very different when she was Raising ziggy and Emily Writes was always into co-sleeping and attachment parenting so they might have been friends over that and as Raising Ziggy morphed into Officially Em’s empire they stopped being friends. There’s a lot that Em does that Emily talks about hating - and I get the vibe Em would be jealous because Emily is published and Em isn’t. So maybe they just mutually don’t like each other anymore.

Reactions: 7
admitedly I’m a bit bias as I like Sera but I think she answered the questions pretty well and genuinely. Obviously they miss the mark with a lot of people but I don’t think she (as a person) has any malicious intent or bad intentions at all. and answered true to her.

fair to say that yes her lifestyle is one of privilege whether or not self made but she also acknowledges this and is clearly a “luxury” influencer so if that is too hard for people then simple don’t follow?

also why doesn’t my phone bleeping auto capitalise so annoying.
You're not allowed to like Sera if you comment here. We're all sick and need help 😂

As for your phone Google your phone type and auto capital. If it's iPhone I think there's a setting that turns it on and off.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don’t think I’ve ever seen Elle talk about being really hard up growing up…I do think she is frugal with her shopping - not so much the baby stuff but she only ever shops at low end stores for herself.

Her sister I’m pretty sure was making a lot of money as a teenager through her YouTube channel and e-commerce stuff. She has said she was earning a million dollars by the time she was in her 20s.

None of that means Elle didn’t grow up poor obviously.

I’m less irritated by the high end baby stuff and more the intense diet culture she lives by. I think talking about getting back to Keto or being low carb is more harmful to new Mums.

Oh I didn’t know that about the religion thing. Interesting. His Dad must be ex-Mormon if the family is Mormon (I know not everyone in Utah is Mormon lol) because he’s remarried with a Korean wife and I assume you can’t divorce if your Mormon? Didn’t know that about her family
I’m not sure about Dave. It’s a bit of an assumption as. He said he was from Utah. 🤣. But Elle has talked about growing up in a religion -and that her parents are still in it and they hold different beliefs to her

Reactions: 1
On FVM- zm stuff.

Megan didn’t want to leave or chose to. The people above made an executive decision. The show rated better when Hayley covered for her.

F&V didn’t chose it and also found out at the same time as Megan, so it came as a shock to them too. It’s the nature of the business - which I think is absolutely brutal.

There is some chat Megan wasn’t as invested anymore and her friendship with fletch has cooled massive even before hand.

Megan was guttered and after the meeting didn’t return to air. Vaughan also was guttered by it. But the boys can’t do much about it when they need their jobs too.

Shame on zm and Ross boss. Poor Megan as breakfast radio is golden and she worked there for 8years

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Oh and what a surprise, Elle is getting a free sleep consultant. Everything is an ad.

• Haha
I’m not sure about Dave. It’s a bit of an assumption as. He said he was from Utah. 🤣. But Elle has talked about growing up in a religion -and that her parents are still in it and they hold different beliefs to her
Haha fair. I’ve just watched keep sweet pray and obey so I would’ve made the same assumption 😂
Her parents def give me conservative religious vibes so that figures.

• Haha
Oh dear! Wasn’t this #gifted
New oven coming? “Poor” Sera

Is it linked to their religion? He’s originally from Utah? Mormon? And her family are 7th day Adventists? Or something? But they don’t practice themselves.
I swear most of her kitchen was sponsored when it was done up 🤔

Reactions: 2
She has been pretty upfront about her childhood and having NOTHING, living in a garage her whole family, so I wouldn’t label her as “privileged”. Have you had twins? Because I have, and getting sleep is what you live for because the chances are minimal. So the woman brought what she needs to get sleep. Leave her be.
She didn’t buy tit. She gets it all for free. 99% of her baby products are gifted to her. You sound pretty damn defensive, are you Elle? Lol

Dunno if anyone follows Shoshannah but it's annoying that she posts a reel of some secret secluded hot water beach and then won't say where it is, supposedly so that it doesn't get over run with people. Firstly, I feel like that's major gatekeeping and kinda gloating. Why post this great place if you're not gonna want to share it physically? Just to brag and keep a secret spot that only she knows?? Secondly, does she think she has so many followers that they will over run the place at one time.
It's literally called Hot Water Beach lol

I swear most of her kitchen was sponsored when it was done up 🤔
Yes the oven and fridge. Plus the washing machine and dryer. Which have just died. She #gifted #ad and #giveaway and did heaps of promotion for this brand. Raved about them. Now she’s on facebook asking for recommendations on new ones. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.