New Baby & Post Birth Off Topic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
An offshoot from the New Baby thread as we don’t half go off topic in there. We’ll see if it grows legs, or fries kegs, as my autocorrect wants me to write…

When and where did you find out you were pregnant?

Reactions: 9
An offshoot from the New Baby thread as we don’t half go off topic in there. We’ll see if it grows legs, or fries kegs, as my autocorrect wants me to write…

You’re a gem x

I was 4 weeks ish, in the bathroom at home. Ran to the bedroom to tell my sleepy husband as it was 6am 🙈 you?

• Heart
Reactions: 2

At home in my bedroom, was late and decided to do an old test I had from four years prior. Wasn't really expecting a positive to be honest. Then I rang my partner at work like "hmm, how serious were you about only having two kids?"

• Haha
Reactions: 5

This baby I was interstate on a work trip. Found out in the morning and had to go into the office with my poker face on and make up reasons why I wasn’t drinking.

Reactions: 3
Ohhh i was at a small brunch baby shower for my friend's 2nd and we were chatting about having number 2 and I had this moment of realisation that I was very late on my period. Sure enough got a pregnancy test on the way home and it was a very fast, very pregnant result 😅🥰 we were both defo shocked and didnt mention it a few days !

Seen 2 tiktoks earlier i can't stop thinking about. One was about your partner giving you the ick post partum and I don't have the ick but omg I find him so annoying so glad to see others feel the same 🤣 and another about a girl saying how she never feels clean post partum so she has a bath with a cap of dettol in it weekly?! Would that not be so itchy?!

Reactions: 9
I found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks, I took a home test whilst waiting for the blood results from the fertility clinic, they called me to say congrats you’re pregnant and I said I know 😂😂

On about icks, my partner gives me the ick when I say to the baby ‘do you want booby’ and he says yes please 🤢 you get so touched out being a mum!

Reactions: 4

On TF I realised something was up when I was at a friend’s retirement do and the glass of Prosecco I’d been handed tasted like poison. I did a test the next morning.

On 5 I started to have my suspicions whilst on holiday in champagne 🤦🏻‍♀️ we were walking up to the Pommery building and I was feeling so strange, husband asked if I was hungover and I remember just saying “it’s not a hangover.” I was right.

Is anyone else the main breadwinner by a long way in their family? I now earn double what my husband does and feel like we need to have a conversation about how things with the kids are divided - has anyone initiated similar, and how did it go?

We were trying to get pregnant so I tested as early as I could with early tests, they were just the cheap strip ones and I actually did it a day or 2 earlier than you’re supposed to but I wasn’t expecting much as it was only our first month trying! But there was the faintest line I sent it to my friend because I didn’t want to tell mr fudge until I was 100% sure! So next day I bought the digital clear blue early detection tests and it said pregnant!! I was in my bathroom🙈 and sent it to my friend again before I even told mr fudge 😆 then I told him to close his eyes I put the test and a little baby jacket I bought into his hands and I filmed the whole thing so it’s nice to look back on now!

My 1st I drove past McDonald’s and the smell of grease made me retch. My period wasn’t even due for another 5 days but I just knew, got the faintest of faint lines when I got home. My 2nd we’d been on holiday, I was in pure denial even though the ‘you’re pregnant’ flags were screaming at me, but I kept making excuses and only actually did a test the day my HG started kicking in so I was 6 weeks. And then with my 3rd we were ‘not trying not preventing’ but I just knew from my sore boobs and a seriously vivid dream, was adamant I didn’t even need a test but MrGG came home with a clearblue 😂😂

Reactions: 2
I found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks, I took a home test whilst waiting for the blood results from the fertility clinic, they called me to say congrats you’re pregnant and I said I know 😂😂

On about icks, my partner gives me the ick when I say to the baby ‘do you want booby’ and he says yes please 🤢 you get so touched out being a mum!
Ahhh yesss he makes weird comments like that! He says he's just trying to flirt which is so tragic I do feel a bit bad but also like leave me alone you big weirdo🤣

• Haha
On TF I realised something was up when I was at a friend’s retirement do and the glass of Prosecco I’d been handed tasted like poison. I did a test the next morning.

On 5 I started to have my suspicions whilst on holiday in champagne 🤦🏻‍♀️ we were walking up to the Pommery building and I was feeling so strange, husband asked if I was hungover and I remember just saying “it’s not a hangover.” I was right.

Is anyone else the main breadwinner by a long way in their family? I now earn double what my husband does and feel like we need to have a conversation about how things with the kids are divided - has anyone initiated similar, and how did it go?
Think I’ve mentioned before but I’m the breadwinner by a long run too. We had a talk about when she’s at nursery etc sometimes he’s going to have to do pick ups if I’m busy and step up more. We’ve said he’s got to look after her one day a week, if he’s got work stuff then she can go to my mum’s, but I’m sure he’ll slip just because he always does. Sorry no advice at all other than maybe go in prepared? Have a spreadsheet of what needs doing and who can do it?

We'd been at FILs 65th birthday celebrations the night before, I felt a bit nauseous around 11 pm, put it down to the drinking. Woke up next morning and felt rough as anything so made the MIL stop on drive home so my husband could run into Tesco. He came out seemingly empty handed so she didn't see the test, and I tested positive that day 🥴 on his dad's birthday, having thoroughly enjoyed some drinks the night before on the assumption "it's too early, my period is only two days late"

Did anyone guess their baby's sex correctly from the beginning/have a premonition?

I found out at home after going upstairs to pee on the stick saying "best do it, I'm late but let's face it, it's gonna be negative".
A girl I work with told me I was pregnant the week before though. Apparently I was emptional 🤦‍♀️ I was dealing with the death of a patient who was my age!!! Course I was emotional! But apparently I was more emotional than normal

• Heart
Did anyone guess their baby's sex correctly from the beginning/have a premonition?
I was wrong the first two times and right the third. Three girls but I thought the first two were boys. Second guessed myself thinking our third was a girl too but I finally got one right. 😂

How about you, did you have an inkling?

Reactions: 1
Anyone watch any good films/series’ on Netflix lately? I have a poorly LO napping on me at the moment so have time for a quick binge

• Heart
Anyone watch any good films/series’ on Netflix lately? I have a poorly LO napping on me at the moment so have time for a quick binge
I’ve exhausted Netflix and moved onto Disney+ and Amazon Primeat this point.
Currently watching Mr and Mrs Smith on Prime. If you have Prime, Reacher was really good.

• Heart
Anything directed by Mike Flanagan is great if you're a fan of horror! If you're not then Fresh Meat is lighthearted fun, Feel Good is equal parts funny and dramatic.

• Heart
Fool Me Once is good- thriller type with Michelle Keegan. Also Mad Men is on freevee (think that’s what it’s called) which everyone can access I think?

• Heart
We'd been at FILs 65th birthday celebrations the night before, I felt a bit nauseous around 11 pm, put it down to the drinking. Woke up next morning and felt rough as anything so made the MIL stop on drive home so my husband could run into Tesco. He came out seemingly empty handed so she didn't see the test, and I tested positive that day 🥴 on his dad's birthday, having thoroughly enjoyed some drinks the night before on the assumption "it's too early, my period is only two days late"

I knew 5 was a girl instantly. I was convinced TF was a boy because my pregnancy was so different though, surprised the hell out of me at the 20 week scan (but also we were overjoyed) always thought I’d have a boy first for some reason but as soon as I found out I was pregnant on 5 I just knew it was a girl in there, then with TF I just felt two of the same sex would probably be easier than one of each even though that’s what a lot of people aim for. Despite having that instinctive sense she was a girl I remember feeling so strange about being told she was a girl, like a weird disappointment. Your brain plays so many weird games with you I swear!!

• Heart
I didn't really have a hunch with my first but for baby breakfast I swore she was gonna be a boy! Dunno why, pregnancy just felt so different. She is so different to her sister though so makes sense I guess ha.

With mini breakfast I was a week lake for my period but had kind of irregular periods anyway and we'd only been trying 2 months, tested when husband got back from working away. Husband was so surprised but I just knew cos I felt off. Baby breakfast I tested early when husband was at work, just couldn't help myself as I had a batch of tests under the sink. Was pretty surprised as I had no symptoms yet.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.