New baby and post birth advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So happy to hear this hun!!!!! Over the moon for you!! I loved following your pregnancy on that thread as we were similar due dates. Hope you are enjoying the baby bubble and enjoying lots of cuddles!!! Much love to you and baby hun xxx

Reactions: 1
To be honest it was a last resort as I was finding it hard to fit in phone appts with a toddler and baby but it’s been much better than I thought. It’s helpful in a strange way to see things written down and be able to have a think before responding. It’s still an hour session like other therapy but just delivered online.

Hi ladies, I don’t have enough privileges to create a new thread but I feel like this may be the right fit. Open to correction though….
My two good friends (she/him) have just had a baby like - last night!
Just before the 20 wk scan I got them a belly cast and a mom pillow. They’ve been so great to me with recent relationship issues I’ve had.
I’d love to cook some meals for them to maximise sleep for them both and aid her recovery!
They do have a microwave but I know they would prefer ‘oven meals’. They only have it cos they used to Airbnb.
let me add they’re a mixed Korean/Irish couple so lots of variety there.
Any one have a list of meals they prepped in advance? I’ll obviously check with them before doing it if they have any prepared but hoping I could get some help here….2 adults and a wee one
feel free to remove/delete mods

Reactions: 3
Such a lovely thought! I am a shit cook so not a huge help but something my neighbour (who cooked us a lovely Thai green curry when our little one arrived) told me was that when she had her first someone cooked her the same curry, and Left if with the pouches of microwave rice so they didn’t have to do anything. So may be an idea if you’re doing something that goes with rice.

I suooose curry, chilli, bolognese& lasagne would be my go to for something if you want to reheat it.

Also, you could think about doing some lunches for them. I think it is massively over looked for new mums! Especially when OH is back to work and they are at home alone with a baby (plus older kids).

This is such a lovely idea and no doubt will be much appreciated! From personal experience we got left a lasagne and cottage pie which we popped in the oven, and I also got a selection of homemade snack boxes to keep with me while I was breastfeeding which was so handy (fruit, nuts and chocolate). Also second the lunch idea - definitely gets overlooked!

Guys I thought it would be best to post here.
My friend had a traumatic birth about 4 weeks ago and although she’s not opened up to me yet I keep hearing from other friends that she’s “angry”. She’s still piecing her emergency c section together and trying to process it all.

I’ve had a little look through and picked out perinatal mental health she can access via her GP but are there any other places she could go? I’m trying to make a list for her to she feels some support

thank you

Reactions: 2
That is so kind of you, and I’m so sorry to hear your friend is having such a difficult time. I don’t have any advice, unfortunately, just wanted to say you’re a great friend.

Reactions: 4
This thread has the most kind hearted people on here I have no advice for some of the recent posts, just want to say I appreciate how lovely you all are xx

Reactions: 10
See if her hospital has a birth reflections service. They will take her notes and go through everything to explain what happened and why, what decisions were made by the medics and the subsequent consequences etc. If she feels angry this may help her understand why it happened the way it did.

re: meals for new Mum. Lovey thought. I filled our freezer before baby came - I did Thai curry, Indian curry, lasagne, fish pie, chicken and leek pie filling (to top with a square of pre rolled puff pastry), chilli. I did some smaller portions to go on Jacket potatoes. Tbh we’ve still got some because I was more able to cook still than thought.
I wish I’d had some healthier snacks at the start. We were brought food but it was all cakes and treats. A fruit basket with some granola bars or similar would have been fab.

I second the lunch stuff, I still really struggle to eat lunch when I’m on my own - it’s not even that I don’t have time I just can’t be bothered even if it’s just the same stuff but in individual portions!
my mum made us cake when the baby came... she said it freezes really well but it never made it there

That sounds fab, sounds like exactly what she needs thank you

So true about the junk food. I have a very sweet tooth, and so my family always bring masses of sweets and chocolate when I give birth, but even I have a limit, and when you feel a bit bleugh anyway a nice fruit salad or something would have been fab!

Definitely look into if her hospital has a birth reflections service.

Hi ladies, I’m currently on Sertraline for PPD only started it a few days ago has anyone else been on this medication and lost their appetite and if so did it last the whole time you where on the medication or did it go away?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.