Nelly_London

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Glad I found this thread. I’m with a lot of you on liking her message but the candles have totally rubbed me up the wrong way. I feel like she was trying to convince us it took soooo long to make it perfect but really it’s just a normal body? How much work did it really need now come on? I think she knows £24 is unjustified for an unscented, regurgitated candle.

Reactions: 11
Totally agree. Nearly fell off my chair when I saw the price- other small businesses charging literally half pricr (£12)

Reactions: 6
I had to unfollow Nelly a while back.
At first I loved the body positive stuff, it was really refreshing. I liked her beauty recommendations sometimes.

but then it became her “full time” job. The body positive stuff became tiresome. I couldn’t trust her recommendations anymore and they were mostly collabs. Her baking stuff was mostly recipes she took from other people (she was honest about this at least)

she comes across as a lovely girl but strikes me as someone who maybe had a sheltered, pampered existence. Living at home and being able to buy her own flat for example

she also comes across as a bit odd and eccentric. Not many girl mates, no TV (who doesn’t have a TV these days even if you don’t watch a lot?!), long term loved up relationship but no plans on living together or buying together etc etc.

I initially followed her because she seemed quite affable, relatable and she was a bit different. It’s all gone downhill ever since it became a full time gig at the end of last year.

Now it’s all collabs with misguided, gymshark, overpriced products and talking about how “busy” she is responding to emails a couple of hours a day then taking some selfies. Standard, boring influencer stuff.

Reactions: 20
I find Nelly’s relationship with her boyfriend so odd. I just feel like I get such a strange vibe from them, and the fact they never lived together even though they had been together for so long confused me too. It seems like she goes on about not needing validation and stuff that she almost does even need him around he seems like a little puppy that just follows her about.

Reactions: 7
iM So SeLf CoNsCioUs sorry she literally hypes herself up so much on social media and gets off on people raving over her and telling her how amazing and beautiful she is, how can you be self conscious and be comfortable being this obsessed with yourself and posing like every vain self-obsessed influencer (most of the time with no clothes on)????
83857C43-697D-4944-8799-09856E0AF746.png
01A23263-1FFA-4BB3-BCD2-6BC424364890.png
7A829268-F1B7-458C-B34C-C1A668979A72.jpeg

iM So SeLf CoNsCioUs sorry she literally hypes herself up so much on social media and gets off on people raving over her and telling her how amazing and beautiful she is, how can you be self conscious and be comfortable being this obsessed with yourself and posing like every vain self-obsessed influencer (most of the time with no clothes on)????
83857C43-697D-4944-8799-09856E0AF746.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
iM So SeLf CoNsCioUs sorry she literally hypes herself up so much on social media and gets off on people raving over her and telling her how amazing and beautiful she is, how can you be self conscious and be comfortable being this obsessed with yourself and posing like every vain self-obsessed influencer (most of the time with no clothes on)???? View attachment 501516View attachment 501517View attachment 501518

iM So SeLf CoNsCioUs sorry she literally hypes herself up so much on social media and gets off on people raving over her and telling her how amazing and beautiful she is, how can you be self conscious and be comfortable being this obsessed with yourself and posing like every vain self-obsessed influencer (most of the time with no clothes on)???? View attachment 501516
I totally agree. She thinks she’s gods gift, no one who’s self conscious would talk about themselves like that. When she does her make up and calls herself cute. duck off. Wish this thread was more active because she’s a pain in the arse 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I totally agree. She thinks she’s gods gift, no one who’s self conscious would talk about themselves like that. When she does her make up and calls herself cute. duck off. Wish this thread was more active because she’s a pain in the arse 😂
LITERALLY everytime I see her posts / stories / vlogs I just wanna scream, we need to reactivate this thread and show people who she really is, I.e. a self-obsessed attention seeking irritating woman 😂😂 does her posts with her “aNgEl” aka that old ass dog that she’s obsessed with irritate you too because wow they annoy tf out of me

• Haha
Reactions: 7
LITERALLY everytime I see her posts / stories / vlogs I just wanna scream, we need to reactivate this thread and show people who she really is, I.e. a self-obsessed attention seeking irritating woman 😂😂 does her posts with her “aNgEl” aka that old ass dog that she’s obsessed with irritate you too because wow they annoy tf out of me
Hahaha I do love a dog but it’s the way she builds it up on her stories as if it’s a big surprise to see a dog.

Reactions: 4
Unfollowed a while ago.... literally same dribble content on repeat “baking sundays... naked body ... so stressed with work” as if that’s actual issues🙄 you’re lucky to be working...and from home by taking snaps in your knickers!!! She’s soooo boring and out of touch!!! I can’t stand when Influencers complain... you can’t be doing too bad to be continued to work during a pandemic / own your own flat! definitely agree to what someone said before about her living a sheltered privileged existence

Reactions: 8
Love the recent activity on this thread 👏👏 Couldn’t agree more. I’m all for body positivity and there are some great bopo influencers who have made me feel so much more confident in my own body (Alex Light, for example) but I feel like Nelly takes it too far and as others have said it comes across now as narcissistic and self congratulating. She rarely posts hyping others up imho- just herself and yes definitely boring repetitive content! These influencers wouldn’t recognise a full day of work if it slapped them across the face! As a teacher it also saddens me so much that this is what young people aspire to do as well.

Reactions: 11
Nelly is definitely one of the more likeable influencers I follow .... but what really irritates me is that every single thing she does she rates 10/10, like it's ok to admit that something wasn't good as expected!!!!

Also she banged on about this candle Collab hyping it up as a major DREAM.... Here's me thinking ooooo is she bringing out a clothing collection with gymshark /ASOS/ lingerie .... No she's just promo'd a few candles for a company under 10k.

Reactions: 9
Nelly is definitely one of the more likeable influencers I follow .... but what really irritates me is that every single thing she does she rates 10/10, like it's ok to admit that something wasn't good as expected!!!!

Also she banged on about this candle Collab hyping it up as a major DREAM.... Here's me thinking ooooo is she bringing out a clothing collection with gymshark /ASOS/ lingerie .... No she's just promo'd a few candles for a company under 10k.
I thought the candles were a bit naff if I’m honest, and make a right old mess burning them. Maybe I’m just old and grumpy though 😄

It’s so cringe when she does her pancakes for the boyfriend says ready like a bloody 1950’s housewife serving her man 🤮🤮

I thought the candles were a bit naff if I’m honest, and make a right old mess burning them. Maybe I’m just old and grumpy though 😄

It’s so cringe when she does her pancakes for the boyfriend says ready like a bloody 1950’s housewife serving her man 🤮🤮
Hahahhaa her whole relationship cringes me out I don’t know why I just get bad vibes from them together

Love the recent activity on this thread 👏👏 Couldn’t agree more. I’m all for body positivity and there are some great bopo influencers who have made me feel so much more confident in my own body (Alex Light, for example) but I feel like Nelly takes it too far and as others have said it comes across now as narcissistic and self congratulating. She rarely posts hyping others up imho- just herself and yes definitely boring repetitive content! These influencers wouldn’t recognise a full day of work if it slapped them across the face! As a teacher it also saddens me so much that this is what young people aspire to do as well.
I agree 100% I think part of body positivity is accepting flaws or accepting that all of us have bad days where we feel rubbish about our body but nelly NEVER talks about anything negative to do with her body she just says something like “I used to think I was hideous and fat, now I know I’m absolutely incredible and flawless and perfect in every way and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with me”
She says she still struggles with her eating disorder, but the way she posts she comes accross like she thinks she is completely flawless and perfect, and she laps up the positive comments and attention completely.

Last edited:
ECDAC520-EE2C-4265-B792-24F7E31EC2A9.png

More self indulgence and showing off even though her boyfriend is nothing to rave about 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I find Nelly’s relationship with her boyfriend so odd. I just feel like I get such a strange vibe from them, and the fact they never lived together even though they had been together for so long confused me too. It seems like she goes on about not needing validation and stuff that she almost does even need him around he seems like a little puppy that just follows her about.
I agree I get a very strange vibe from them and I can’t put my finger on it.

I found it really weird she decided to buy a flat, but not with him... and she doesn’t live with him, but she loves him and they’ve been together a while...

to each their own I guess but to me a relationship means working towards becoming a family together, and that entails pooling resources and living together.

not something I’d comment on or think about ordinarily but she did feature her relationship and discussed it on social media and I did find it very odd.

my initial thought was she wasn’t that into her boyfriend, so she didn’t want to fully commit. but she didn’t want to be alone either, especially as she doesn’t seem to have many friends (oretty sure she did mention once on her stories that she didn’t have many friends just a few close ones, but the few close ones she doesn’t seem heavily involved with).

I agree I get a very strange vibe from them and I can’t put my finger on it.

I found it really weird she decided to buy a flat, but not with him... and she doesn’t live with him, but she loves him and they’ve been together a while...

to each their own I guess but to me a relationship means working towards becoming a family together, and that entails pooling resources and living together.

not something I’d comment on or think about ordinarily but she did feature her relationship and discussed it on social media and I did find it very odd.

my initial thought was she wasn’t that into her boyfriend, so she didn’t want to fully commit. but she didn’t want to be alone either, especially as she doesn’t seem to have many friends (oretty sure she did mention once on her stories that she didn’t have many friends just a few close ones, but the few close ones she doesn’t seem heavily involved with).
I agree, I found that very strange. Yeah she is more and more choosing to put him in the spotlight on her Instagram, I guess now they’re “living together” it is unavoidable. I find her content about him so dry and boring, and even when they try and make it exciting it’s just cringe and awkward. Feel like they’re desperately trying to keep the flame lit on a relationship that has just extinguished.
Also, anyone else proper cringe out when he slaps her bum or when he is staring at her in lingerie, I just like ew I don’t want to know what you do in your spare time why are you rubbing this in my face almost like I should care or be amazed she has a boyfriend who finds her attractive (it’s not a big deal love, most of us have one.) almost like she has to push it on social media to validate it in herself.
Think generally she’s vain and self obsessed and that’s probably why she doesn’t have many friends.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.