Neighbours child keeps asking me for food. Advice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m reading the OP’s other thread about their neighbours “aggressive” dog and things just aren’t adding up.
I posted about that thread early on (page 2) and the OP said it wasn't the same neighbours and then closed her posts off,

both neighbours are lovely but then ....

Reactions: 4
OP has a husband. Why doesn't discuss the situation with him? She hasn't mentioned his stance on the situation aside from saying he can't look after the kids because he works or something along those lines. She makes it sound as though he's leaving it all to her to handle. In instances like these, both parents should be involved and have a conversation. I find it odd OP would rather turn to strangers than come up with a plan of action with her husband instead.

Reactions: 1
has the op really left the thread?

If this is fake then it is so bloody odd. Its not even as if the op is talking tit to big herself up, it literally comes across that she has no balls and is being bossed around by a 6 year old.

Like why would you? What have they achieved by doing this.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

If this is fake then it is so bloody odd. Its not even as if the op is talking tit to big herself up, it literally comes across that she has no balls and is being bossed around by a 6 year old.

If fake, is anyone else a bit weirded or creeped out that someone will make up a story about a possibly neglected hungry little girl to get clicks and replies on a forum?

I don’t know if it’s because I’m quite practical but if I thought a child was in anyway being neglected or abused, I would give social services a call. Not pander on an online forum and skip around the advice other people who had similar situations were giving to me

Reactions: 10
I posted about that thread early on (page 2) and the OP said it wasn't the same neighbours and then closed her posts off,

both neighbours are lovely but then ....
Definitely seems odd to come onto an advice forum and post 2 separate threads about both sets of neighbours. Especially as on the dog thread those neighbours seemed to have multiple children between the ages of 2-8.

Now if there is 3 houses in a row all with children the same age there has got to be some kind of rapport between all adults.

If fake, is anyone else a bit weirded or creeped out that someone will make up a story about a possibly neglected hungry little girl to get clicks and replies on a forum?
1000%. If I was in her shoes I’d immediate take that child back to her parents or id phone the police if I was concerned the child was missing or in danger. So odd to make this up.

She did big herself up in a way. " I'm way too lovely and kind" "I could only give her poxy cereal, how great of me"
kicking herself down, but at the same time making herself look over the top kind and generous

Reactions: 2
This thread is reminding of Levitt (?) a week or so ago who posted abt her husband having a gf but wanted all the benefits at home. Hundreds of replies later (like this one going around in circles) when ppl started to qn .. the op went in the space of a few hours from accepting situation to kicking him out only to take him back when he threatened to take the kids. Thread fin @ 1k posts

IMO these threads that go round & round are either false or op enjoys the attention.
Exactly this. There's always holes in the story and people end up noticing beause the OP goes on to drip feed more details which trips them up. Honestly I think people like the attention of it all. It's a bit of a laugh when you realise how daft it is but plenty of people have given up their time to offer well-intentioned advice which just goes ignored - if it was a real situation, you'd thank people for their thoughts and go deal with it. Not provide updates on how the kids are apparently climing the fence and setting up camp in the living room for hours on end.

Such a tit lie though if it’s all made up. What a random story. But it does seem odd that there is trouble with 2 sets of neighbours. If I had an aggressive dog on one side trying to bite my kid everytime I opened the door and on the other, kids hopping over the fence day and night, I’d have the house on the market!

Reactions: 10
I don’t think the story is fake but I do think the OP is maybe quite a shy/sensitive kind and genuinely doesn’t know how to go about social situations very well 🙈

Reactions: 7
This thread has probably come to the end of the line!

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.