Names you love but would never use

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loved Willow when i was pregnant many moons ago, but it would sound comical with our surname.

I also loved Alistair for a boy, but I realised it rhymed with my other child's name!
My mum worked with a woman who called her daughter Willow. She turned out to be a really chunky, stocky little red head, about as far removed from willowy as you could get!

Reactions: 4
Valentina for girl and Dorian for boy
i love the name valentina!

i love a lot of ridiculous shakespearean or mythology names that i would never subject an actual child to but think are lovely: orlando, hero, olympia, persephone, antigone, benedict, ophelia etc. it’s probably a good thing i don’t want kids

Reactions: 11
I love the name Luna but probably wouldn’t use it for a child’s name…
Also love Nova, Essie and Reeva, but again wouldn’t use them!
My little one is called Luna and she wanted me to call my new baby Luna We went with Sienna

Reactions: 2
I loved the name Clementine for a girl but now that’s been ruined by CLEMMIE (mother of daughters infamy) and ‘clammy’ associations

Vada. I’ve loved it ever since I saw My Girl as a kid, but I couldn’t be bothered with all the ‘As in Darth Vader?’ questions

Reactions: 7
I really wanted to call my October baby girl Autumn but it just seemed too impractical, I couldn't see myself shouting it in a park. I also loved Evangeline and Josephine but maybe too old fashioned. They didn't suit her. For my boy I liked Sawyer or Atticus. He ended up with a completely different name.

Reactions: 4
I love Dimitri and Alexei but they just wouldn’t work unless you had Russian, or similar, heritage

My cousin who's in her 30's is called Emerald, she really suits it. I definitely wouldn't be shy about naming my daughter it

My son is called Sebastian Xavier. Gorgeous names

Reactions: 3
Orion
Haley (like the comet)
Aurora
Betsy
Hunter
Mariah
Violet
Seren
Lake
Bluebell

I think Celine is sooo beautiful but people would think you’d named your child after Celine Dion

Reactions: 5
India it’s a beautiful country and a beautiful name , but not one I would choose to be honest..seems a bit exotic for the pale northerners in my family