Names you can’t stand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This thread is a bit Katie Hopkins, isn’t it?! 😂😂

To be honest I like traditional names, Bible names etc. I think that unfortunately people are still judged by their first name and you would do well to give your child the best opportunity in life by remembering that when naming them. For example, names like Maisie, Freddie, Ellie etc are really cute while they are young, but not necessarily on a CV.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Anything that should be a pet’s name. Plus Jennifer. All women that have tried to screw me over have been called Jennifer. Sorry.

this is going to get so ugly * grabs popcorn *

• Haha
Reactions: 15

To be honest I like traditional names, Bible names etc. I think that unfortunately people are still judged by their first name and you would do well to give your child the best opportunity in life by remembering that when naming them. For example, names like Maisie, Freddie, Ellie etc are really cute while they are young, but not necessarily on a CV.
If people get offended easily maybe tattle isn’t for them 😆

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12

I like very 'normal' names, which means theyre very common but I'm ok with that. Some of the names ive come across have been 🥴 I know of a Bow.. they wanted a nicer spelling of Beau for their girl 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I like very 'normal' names, which means theyre very common but I'm ok with that. Some of the names ive come across have been 🥴 I know of a Bow.. they wanted a nicer spelling of Beau for their girl 🙃
I feel like celebrity culture has made everyone want to give their child a really original name, but most of them come off tacky. It’s fine when your parents are millionaires and your future is bright regardless, but who is going to hire Bow Bloggs to be their lawyer? It is a good stripper name I suppose! 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
This is probably gonna get me hated but....

Can't stand Isabelle (any kind of spelling) literally every girl that gets born seems to have had that name for the past 15 years 😂

I think almost any mans name that isn't a biblical one tacky, just don't like them at all.

I do quite like little old lady names for girls 👵🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Blake, Greyson, Mason, Jackson, Harper,Cooper, Paige, just generally
American sounding names.
But also have plenty of friends / acquaintances that are very middle class but aspire to be upper class ( posh ) and they tend to call their kids Florence ( I know three ) Matilda ( also three ) Beatrice know so many ( twee nickname Bea or Bee ) Lucinda etc Then boys are often Barnaby, Jonty, Arthur, Wilfred.
Not necessarily horrible names but so predictable and becoming more prevalent in certain classes. I find it so boring 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.