Names you can’t stand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anything with May/Mae/Mai

There’s a child at my daughters school named Lexi-Mai 🤢

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
The respelling of certain names annoys me more than their commonness. Like I could tolerate a Jessica-May if it wasn’t spelt Jessicka-Mae 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Names that really rhyme or sound same as the surname. My mind's gone blank but I have seen some stupid ones in the past

Reactions: 2
Chloe. Conjures up an image of a fat spoilt little brat.

Paul. Because I have an abusive ex called that who made my life hell.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Tyler, kyla, Jayden, Demi, Crystal, Hendrix, Jagger, Hunter, Ethan, Mason.
I also hate creative spellings on normal names; Febee, Emerlee, Sharlot...all nice names but ruined with wanky spellings.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Thankfully my name hasn't popped up yet :ROFLMAO: probably only a matter of time.

For me it's names like Reginald, Horace, Magnus - conjures up images of fat, balding, old stuffy men.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
When you have a whole family of ie.. Abbie...Ellie..Annie..

Abbreviations with Mae/Mai/Lou.. it's pure tack

Clodagh too.. can't be dealing with it

Chardonnay, Paris, ... that sort.... nope

And for men. Anything ending in 'son' (Lawson and Grayson- sorry fopps), surnames used as first names in general

Keith, Ian, Barry and Derek

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Never get people who do this. Spell it how you want. It’s still pronounced the same. So it’s still common 🙄🤣

Finley. Usually a little shite.
👀

Names that really rhyme or sound same as the surname. My mind's gone blank but I have seen some stupid ones in the past
From being young I always had a boys name in mind for when I eventually had children. Then I married someone whose surname rhymed with it, got pregnant and just couldn’t do it to him 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.