Names You Can't Stand #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My Facebook memories reminded me of a contestant on US quiz Jeopardy. His name was Dylan but pronounced it Die-lan.

Reactions: 3
I’ve just read that the model Lucky Blue Smith, who already has daughters named Gravity Blue and Rumble Honey, has named his son Slim Easy. SLIM. EASY. When I read it. I just stared into space for several moments, sent a screen cap to my best friend, then came here. I feel like my understanding of the world has been forever changed. I am no longer the woman I was before I knew of Slim Easy Smith.
Absolutely horrible! What were they thinking?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Theo.

It’s such a nothingy sound. No idea why it’s so popular.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Any names that sound like surnames, eg. Cooper. And apologies to any Americans, but some of their names sound so stupid and made up 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I recently saw a girl named Kailyn

It’s one letter away from being Kaitlyn, what’s the point 😭

Reactions: 2
Anything double barrelled with may/mae
Kai
Megan - if you’re called Megan you are usually a brat 😂

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I know someone who has a granddaughter called Esmae with two dots above the a. (can’t do it on my iPad)
The dots are Very Important!
I asked if it was pronounced Es-ma-ee.
Nope, Ez-may.
But the two wee dots make it look classy

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The name Bear. Imagine a grown adult applying for a job with the name Bear
I’d hate to be a teacher with all these stupid names in the class, the parents are just show offs.

I was in Center Parcs years ago with my son playing in the soft play area and this woman was with her daughter. If she said her name once she said it 100 times for no reason other than showing off. The kids name was utterly ridiculous, I can’t remember the exact name but it was something like Serenity Bluebell.

I'm not violent but I could have punched the pretentious sad sack of a mother in the face for spoiling a pleasant playtime with her 'Serenity Bluebell! Serenity bluebell! Look this way Serenity Bluebell…. what colour is this Serenity Bluebell….. do you want a drink Serenity Bluebell…..

vile, just vile!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I know someone who called their child Wilfie. Not Wilfred; just Wilfie. It’s all well and cute while he’s a baby but what happens when he goes to secondary school or when he enters the world of work?! It’s just embarrassing for him. Give him an actual proper name and then shorten it so he’s got the choice.

Names that are just words piss me off too. Like Phoenix or Ace. They sound like cartoon characters. And don’t get me started on what Elon Musk and Grimes called theirs…!

Reactions: 6
Anyone I knew with the name Corey, Damien or Brock was a prick.

Reactions: 4
I know someone who has a granddaughter called Esmae with two dots above the a. (can’t do it on my iPad)
The dots are Very Important!
I asked if it was pronounced Es-ma-ee.
Nope, Ez-may.
But the two wee dots make it look classy
AHA! I can do that - Esmäe - I've got an AZERTY keyboard :)

The name Bear. Imagine a grown adult applying for a job with the name Bear
Someone I knew decades ago named their son Blue Bear

I'm thinking the poor little sod is now well-into his thirties and calling himself Dave or something - anything except Blue Bear really :)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Saw a display of certificates of kids who have read in the library - fair play to them for that - but my favourites were : Sofie, Fenton, Precious, Jackie-Lee, Elissa, Princess and Godslove 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.