Names you can’t stand #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not a fan of Maya/Maia/Mia/Mayah/other similar variations. So overused for kids born in the early 00s! I used to be a supply teacher and I’d encounter 3-4 in every class and they’d either all spell it the same but pronounce it differently, or all use different spellings but pronounce it the same. It was a nightmare to get through the register!

Also once had a class where there were not one but two girls called Tigerlily 🤢

Reactions: 3
Any overly pretentious names like Toby, Hugo, Bertie, Maximus, Aurelia, Jemima, Arabella, Henrietta, Aurora.

Name association puts me off.
Lydia - Chlamydia
Nicholas - knickerless
Bhodi - bogie

Edit - I think I meant word association 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Arlo.

For some reason it's gone from being a toff name to the top choice for reality TV stars and footballers in OK! Magazine.

Arlo.

For some reason it's gone from being a toff name to the top choice for reality TV stars and footballers in OK! Magazine.
There’s a child down my street with that name. Makes me think of The Good Dinosaur.

43604CA7-C16F-4F40-842D-D302753FF54E.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I'm not a fan of names where an "-on" or "-en" ending is replaced with "-yn", like Brandyn, Jordyn, Aspyn. (Ha - my autocorrect HATED them too!)

The worst I've seen was on a reality TV show set in the States. There was a girl named Serenity, spelled "Sarynyti".

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm not a fan of names where an "-on" or "-en" ending is replaced with "-yn", like Brandyn, Jordyn, Aspyn. (Ha - my autocorrect HATED them too!)

The worst I've seen was on a reality TV show set in the States. There was a girl named Serenity, spelled "Sarynyti".
Yes!! I once saw a girl on TV called Kynnydy (Kennedy) and seen Kyndyl (Kendall) too 🙈

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Hunter - From someone in the UK I find it very American (this may not be true)
Jayden, Kaiden, Kayden, Hayden
Posie - Really dislike
William - Just because it reminds me of someone I want to school with
Rebecca - Way overused
Chantelle

Amora
Arabella
Rosabella - Basically two names put together

Archie
Alfie (I think of Alfie Moon)
Freddie
Ronnie
Connie - Just not sure, shorter version of Constance which is

Jasper
Jackson
Jaxx

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Dustin, lance and randy. Very American I think as I don't know any but I think they are awful. Been watching stranger things with my stepdaughter and she calls Dustin, Dustbin 😂

Reactions: 6
Hunter - From someone in the UK I find it very American (this may not be true)
Jayden, Kaiden, Kayden, Hayden
Posie - Really dislike
William - Just because it reminds me of someone I went to school with
Rebecca - Way overused
Chantelle

Amora
Arabella
Rosabella - Basically two names put together

Archie
Alfie (I think of Alfie Moon)
Freddie
Ronnie
Connie - Just not sure, shorter version of Constance which is dated

Jasper
Jackson
Jaxx
edited

Jaydon, Kaden, Braydon, Riley, Marley, Bodhi, Bear, Bailey, Bleu.

Anything spelt in a 'unique' way, meaning their kid will have to spell their name out for their entire life. Anything hyphenated (unless you're French).

All the fashionable names that the 'cool' parents where I live are currently using. Arlo, Woody, Buddy, Sonny etc. They are not going to age well and sound like dog names.

Any overly pretentious names like Toby, Hugo, Bertie, Maximus, Aurelia, Jemima, Arabella, Henrietta, Aurora.

Name association puts me off.
Lydia - Chlamydia
Nicholas - knickerless
Bhodi - bogie

Edit - I think I meant word association 🙄
Haha with the rhyming. Harriet = chariot.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.