Names you can’t stand #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love this thread as it's so irrational 😂 (unless you had a vile boyfriend called Luke) it's so subjective but funny to see.

I really dislike the name Edward (even though I know it's meant to be a classy classic)
I just hate the 2 sounds.

Also Phoebe, fee-bee 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I know someone with a scouse accent who named her kid Luke. Why would you do that he’s going to be confused his whole life about where he’s meant to look
I think that with the Welsh accent too. It tends to either end up as Lewk or Loooook.

Reactions: 3
I know someone with a scouse accent who named her kid Luke. Why would you do that he’s going to be confused his whole life about where he’s meant to look
That would be some regional Lancashire accents. Some scousers say bewk for book and cewk for cook, seems to be dying out, but look is always a homophone of luck.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I love this thread as it's so irrational 😂 (unless you had a vile boyfriend called Luke) it's so subjective but funny to see.

I really dislike the name Edward (even though I know it's meant to be a classy classic)
I just hate the 2 sounds.

Also Phoebe, fee-bee 🤮
I always picked that for writing stories! My bestie in primary was Edwin.

Also Phoebe, fee-bee 🤮
That reminds of Rachel’s sister in Friends. She kept getting Phoebe’s name wrong and everytime Phoebe corrected her by saying “FEEEEE-BEEEEE” she would turn to the others and say “why does she keep making that noise?”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I hate Luke because it sounds like puke 😂
That's why I hate it too. I also really dislike the "u" sound generally. Especially at the end of names. "Edu" and "Manu" make me feel physically ill. I also hate "Jacob" for the "ub" ending.

My all time most hated are Adam and Amy, mostly because I new one of each at primary school and both were pricks.

Jake
Georgia
Conner (all of my sisters kids names 😂)
Cherilyn
Aoife
Alison
Sarah
Aislyn
Jocelyn
Randy
Dierdre
Jayden
Maria (I live in Spain and 95% of women are named Maria)
Miguel
Hunter
Brian

I'm on a few groups on Facebook, and expectant mothers are always asking for name suggestions and there's some people that double barrel anything with a wotsit-louise, wotsit-mae, wotsit-rose and it's just so tacky and unoriginal IMO. Don't the double-barrelled second part of the names get dropped as the kid gets older?

Reactions: 13
I'm on a few groups on Facebook, and expectant mothers are always asking for name suggestions and there's some people that double barrel anything with a wotsit-louise, wotsit-mae, wotsit-rose and it's just so tacky and unoriginal IMO. Don't the double-barrelled second part of the names get dropped as the kid gets older?
I noticed all the John-Pauls from the 80s are just John now.

Reactions: 2
My all time most hated are Adam and Amy, mostly because I new one of each at primary school and both were pricks.

Jake
Georgia
Conner (all of my sisters kids names 😂)
Cherilyn
Aoife
Alison
Sarah
Aislyn
Jocelyn
Randy
Dierdre
Jayden
Maria (I live in Spain and 95% of women are named Maria)
Miguel
Hunter
Brian
All of them but Hunter seems to be popular recently. Urgh, it's so try hard.

Reactions: 2
we didn't put Rebecca on our list of names for this reason! His side are scouse and the thoughts of having to hear "re-bekkkkkkca" or "beckkkky" forever made me want to vomit.

I know someone who called their daughter Hazel-Grace during the 2012 FIOS hype. She was born early and quite unwell and they STILL named her Hazel-Grace and insist on calling her it every. single. time. She's never been just Hazel.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.