Myka Stauffer - The mother who gave up her internationally adopted Chinese son

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The were exploiting him 10 months for Adsense before they officially adopted him on her channel, when he would have been around 18 months old.

They had decided to change his name to Huxley 9 months before they adopted him, and she was sharing his photos 8 months before he was adopted. It’s all been a big money making scheme from the very beginning.
2E5593A4-EC8B-43E5-A3F7-6054C52C596F.png
Here he is in a photograph on a video as a toddler before they were even approved to adopt him. Obviously all she had seen was this cute toddler and then 🤑.

Seeing some clips on camera of how she spoke to him when he was having his “meltdowns” as she called them I really hope his new family are better for him. The disgusting tone she used when asking if he was over himself yet was bordering abuse!! She is a despicable mother.

She always wanted to be famous!! She’s gotten her wish!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I can’t stop thinking about Huxley and where he is now 😭😭 I just want to hug him

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Go and read Reuter’s investigates - The Child Exchange. It’s horrifying. It’s an exposé on the rehoming of children adopted from abroad, in the USA. Just awful and a massive problem. The authorities don’t help though because if the family (who are tit but at least honest) tell the authorities that they can’t cope, they are not helped or threats are made to take their other children and they have to pay child support until the child is an adult which people don’t want to do, so a black market in child rehoming has sprung up. It’s a long read but well researched and written. And bleak.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I don’t think money should ever change hands with adoption. Some countries it seems like it you have the money you can buy a child and they just go through the motions with social workers

Reactions: 2
Yes, adoptions do breakdown but how many adoptive parents then swan off on holiday and then continue to post family life photos and vlogs without even mentioning the son they have given up. Did they genuinely think no one would mention him being missing.

And also, did they follow all the advice given?
Did they cocoon?
Did they decide not to have a baby as Huxley needed the 1-2-1 care?
Did they really do everything they could?

No.

Adoptions do fail. But I don’t believe that this one ever had a chance. They simply weren’t willing to put the effort in. Also, being rejected by a child biological or not is not uncommon. It means more attention, more guidance and more help is needed.

Not that she should feel all pouty and butthurt she wasn’t favourite mummy.

Reactions: 12
Without a crystal ball YouTube channel is so revealing...Myka had a written warning for assaulting a pregnant woman when she was a nurse...

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Without a crystal ball YouTube channel is so revealing...Myka had a written warning for assaulting a pregnant woman when she was a nurse...
Is that possibly a reason why she didn’t renew her license? She only practiced for one year (2012-2013) according to an article I read, which seemed odd

Reactions: 4
Is that possibly a reason why she didn’t renew her license? She only practiced for one year (2012-2013) according to an article I read, which seemed odd
Yes it could have been, people who knew her at the time believe she might have been fired as I think that written warning was like a final one, yet in her “draw my life” video she says she quit nursing because she had jaka! She’s just so full of lies and contradictions! Like how she says on her early adoption vlogs that she’s a registered nurse, well she wasn’t a registered nurse at the time she said that so why say it! She’s just ridiculous!

Also just a seen clip where she’s talking about Hux and she says, “if you’re wondering why you don’t see him on the vlogs then he’s probably having a meltdown” she then turns to hux and says “are you over yourself now?” What a disgusting thing to say a child, never mind the fact he has special needs, who in their right mind would say something so disgusting to a young child, what a nasty vile woman! He isn’t having a meltdown because “he needs to get over himself” what a piece of tit she is! I feel like she grew to resent him and it all started when he rejected her in the beginning, I just can’t believe it.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 14

Sorry if this has been said. I'm new to this thread and haven't read through everything. Just been looking back at some of her adoption videos and seen this. 11.50 onwards 😒 bit of a change of heart there eh love!

• Sick
  • Sad
  • Wow
Poor boy, splashed all over social media and now the rest of the media. It gives adopters a bad name when 99% of people do it for the right reasons.

Reactions: 6
This breaks my heart. As someone that has worked with autistic young adults, yes they can be challenging, but isn't every child? I can honestly say that job was the most rewarding thing I ever did. They weren't even related to me and I treated them like my own. My heart breaks for Huxley, thrown away like that, because he clearly doesn't fit the perfect life she wants and the help he needs will eat away at the money she made from exploiting him. That little boy will grow up to be an absolute credit to this world, whether he's disabled or not, that woman and her husband have "rehomed" a beautiful soul and you know what, it's their loss. I feel for her kids and Huxley and that's it. If they didn't want a child with extra needs, they shouldn't have purposely gone looking for a child with extra needs. I'm not a particularly maternal person, but this whole thing makes me want to look after that child, I'd be honoured to call him my son.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I just rewatched their China adoption video and I’m in tears (again) this time because I’m watching how that little boy really didn’t want to go with that family. He was clearly a good judge of character. You can see Mykka tried to push herself on him to begin with and he didn’t want her at all. It’s so so sad. His little heart breaking breaks my heart. The sucking the thumb thing literally makes me want to get a flight to America. My daughter sucks her thumb, has done since she was in my belly. She’s two, but if she was still doing it at 4 I wouldn’t mind. It brings her comfort and helps her sleep. The family honestly make me feel so angry and upset.
I have two children (whom I adopted as a toddler and a baby) and they both needed so much comfort. They both wanted snuggly bottle feeds until 6/7 and both have comfort objects even though they are teenagers and one is 17. They both feel crippling separation anxiety. My 17 year old will refuse to leave my side on a walk when anxiety is high because of the belief that I will run away. Both of them slept in our bed every night but from around the age of 10 we started weaning them off, so now they each sleep with me when their dad is away (three nights a week). I think children who experience trauma and loss need so much patience, so much comfort, so much nurturing, so much tenderness. My two have grown do much in confidence, and manage well even if this doesn't sound like it, and I'm sure it is because every need for comfort and self soothing has always been offered. I feel so sad for this little boy and his taped up hands.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
I have two children (whom I adopted as a toddler and a baby) and they both needed so much comfort. They both wanted snuggly bottle feeds until 6/7 and both have comfort objects even though they are teenagers and one is 17. They both feel crippling separation anxiety. My 17 year old will refuse to leave my side on a walk when anxiety is high because of the belief that I will run away. Both of them slept in our bed every night but from around the age of 10 we started weaning them off, so now they each sleep with me when their dad is away (three nights a week). I think children who experience trauma and loss need so much patience, so much comfort, so much nurturing, so much tenderness. My two have grown do much in confidence, and manage well even if this doesn't sound like it, and I'm sure it is because every need for comfort and self soothing has always been offered. I feel so sad for this little boy and his taped up hands.
What a loving mother you are. Your children are lucky to have you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I think Huxley (did they choose his name?) has had a lucky escape from those vultures, I hope he can now live his life in private and not be a money maker for any one.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Their lawyers have stated:

“To be clear this did NOT include any considerations for placement in the foster system, but rather to hand-select a family who is equipped to handle Huxley’s needs.”

So does this mean that no official checks or procedures have been done regarding his new family? If so this is incredibly worrying.
Just shows you how much they are aware of their own image- aren’t they SO DECENT for handselect
I think Huxley (did they choose his name?) has had a lucky escape from those vultures, I hope he can now live his life in private and not be a money maker for any one.
You would like to think so but his images are still on her Instagram, videos of his intimate medical condition is on their YouTube. His name is public knowledge. His adoption is open for all to see and now his abandonment is splashed across the media. So sad

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Just shows you how much they are aware of their own image- aren’t they SO DECENT for handselect

You would like to think so but his images are still on her Instagram, videos of his intimate medical condition is on their YouTube. His name is public knowledge. His adoption is open for all to see and now his abandonment is splashed across the media. So sad
It would be good if they could be made to put in trust for Huxley any money they made off YouTube whilst he was in their 'care'.
The headlines are all about him being abandoned by the mother, isn't the father equally at fault.?
I haven't looked at any of their YouTube or any other sm, just seen the news reports.

Without a crystal ball is really insightful she’s completely called her out

Sorry if this has been said. I'm new to this thread and haven't read through everything. Just been looking back at some of her adoption videos and seen this. 11.50 onwards 😒 bit of a change of heart there eh love!

shes also using the little boy to make money off in this video she’s talking about the washing powder which she’s promoting, I’m sorry but the woman is a narcissist and a materialistic witch, that’s absolutely disgusting that she was able to get away with that.

Reactions: 4
It's so morally questionable to use young children, who can't consent, for advertising. Particularly ones with autism who are easily affected by overstimulation. I shudder to think of her getting frustrated if he wasn't posing quite right or giving quite the perfect look.

This whole thing has left so many questions. Rhetorical of course. We'll never know the truth as the whole thing has been so shady and underhand.

1. Why did they want to adopt Huxley?
2. More specifically why did they want a special needs child?
3. Why, only a few months before he vanished, were they hoping to adopt 1 or 2 more international, special needs kids?
4. What happened around the Bali holiday? The time line is off. He was seen in the 'getting ready for Bali' video and he was signing and very settled but never seen again. They went off without him and had a very picturesque and relaxing holiday with only their newborn.
5. Where is Huxley? Was he given to a foster agency / proper care or was it some under the radar 'rehoming' as suggested by the lawyers which sounds terrifying if true.
6. Why was she so aggressively defensive about claims she wasn't bonding with Huxley? Why not address people's concerns properly?
7. Just how much money did Huxley make for them? Is he entitled to any of it?
8. How can they explain all the videos post his disappearance? It's like nothing ever happened. Dancing around cleaning her fridge, making over an empty bedroom (smh). Can someone really put on such a good act that they're not going through something as life changing as losing a child?
9. Why not try everything humanly possible to make it work? They have money and there must have been things they could have tried to keep him with his Mummy, Daddy and siblings before giving him up?

Sorry for the long post.

Last edited:
  • Heart