Myka Stauffer - The mother who gave up her internationally adopted Chinese son

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a 6 year old autistic son, and everything you have said I agree with. This whole situation makes me feel sick to my stomach. He clearly wasn’t YouTube worthy wasn’t doing cute things that would take in views. Pathetic disgusting family
I agree and are they expecting people to be sympathetic?! The decision to adopt was outrageous. They already had 3 young kids. What the f were they expecting? Even if Huxley did not have the learning difficulties he has, it would have been so hard.
I have no sympathy for those self loving Instagram obsessed people.
Poor poor boy, I really hope he has found his forever loving family and home. And their other kids - who knows what they think of it all or what they've experienced.

Reactions: 8
I’m not even sure how they can considering continuing their channel after this. Surely the comments will all be about Huxley. I think the rules around showing kids on YouTube is highly questionable and this has just proved it. Huxley had no say on whether he wanted to be on the channel or not. Without getting too deep, one of the United Nations Rights of the Child dictates that children have a right to privacy. Huxley was put on their channel without any consideration to his own privacy and now sadly he will always have this sorry excuse for a family as part of his own history. How is he going to feel when he is old enough to understand all this?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
This is too sad.

Youtube is a very dangerous reality show - I don't know of one family that lead normal lives. This behaviour is criminal. They monetise their lives and are supported by viewers.

What an odd World.

Reactions: 17
He's not a toddler, he's four, probably close to five. I think everyone here is probably right that he didn't do anything to warrant being "returned," but we don't 100% know. There was a story in the news a year ago which I'll link below where a couple sued an adoption agency because they withheld critical information about a boy they adopted. This kid was a lot older--actually 15 when he was adopted, one of three Chinese adoptions they'd done. Anyway, the 15 year old ended up repeatedly raping his siblings in the middle of the night and the couple subsequently found out that he had a long history of problems leading up to his adoption by them. They were suing b/c the agency lied about his age and nobody told them that he began acting out sexually at 5 and was having sex with both adults and children by 11. He had been prostituted at the orphanage prior to being adopted by the American couple (also not disclosed). To give you a further idea of what kind of treatment might befall a child in a Chinese orphanage (other than being pimped out to adults, I mean), one of their other kids that they adopted had cigarette burns on his butt, which was initially why they thought he was complaining of pain back there from the assaults.

I am not trying to say that's what Myka's child did, but it is not outside the realm of possibility for a four or five year old to do heinous things or to hurt other children. And there is absolutely precedence for the Chinese to unload horrifically abused children on unsuspecting American couples, which are likely to cause them to behave in ways which may seem inconceivable to us here in the US.

Article
This is what makes me feel uncomfortable about the whole situation, my friend went through something very similar with her own daughter ☹ All though Huxley was only young he could of done something terrible to his siblings and would be much safer in a home where he was the only child. Obviously this is all speculation though.

Reactions: 1
I saw a clip of her complaining to camera that they couldn’t show him much on vlogs because he’s constantly having meltdowns. Poor kid is sitting there in a stand at some kind of carnival or something busy and not melting down at all. And another where she’s berating him while he cries. Yet another where she’s telling him not to bite his teacher and the poor love puts his arms out to get some pressure/squeezes and smiles when his sister does it but she does it too & tells him not to think this means he’s not to listen that he shouldn’t bite. Horrible woman
I couldn’t bear watching that. Anyone who knows autism knows that the less words you use the better! “We don’t bite the teacher” should have been “no bite” with a visual representation as children with autism are primarily visual thinkers.

Yes, he shouldn’t bite but usually it’s a sensory response or a behavioural reaction. If someone was doing something to you that made you angry and you couldn’t talk- how would you react? I’d bloody bite!

Seeing Myka rant for lack of a better word only highlights how uneducated she is about autism. She uses too many words for him and even adapts her tone to try and get him to understand that she is angry. Myka- He doesn’t have the ability to decipher ALL the words you decided to rant with, let alone your tone!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This is too sad.

Youtube is a very dangerous reality show - I don't know of one family that lead normal lives. This behaviour is criminal. They monetise their lives and are supported by viewers.

What an odd World.
agree completely. These couples void of morals collect children in the same way normal people collect handbags!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I've just heard about this it's absolutely disgusting. She would never "re-home" her biological children if they had additional needs. I can only hope poor Huxley is in a better home now. I hope she removes every video she has of him as she's no longer his mother so has no right to further exploit him.

I actually hope her career as a YouTuber is ruined now.

Reactions: 11
I reported several of their videos on YouTube last night, for child exploitation. On the BBC app this morning the article said that this content had been taken down, but when I checked on YouTube it all looks like it is still there.

I am absolutely raging about these awful people making money off their terrible treatment of an innocent child and all the other narcissistic assholes doing the same.

Children are not playthings to exploit and profit from and then abandon when it all gets too much.

Reactions: 5
I've just heard about this it's absolutely disgusting. She would never "re-home" her biological children if they had additional needs. I can only hope poor Huxley is in a better home now. I hope she removes every video she has of him as she's no longer his mother so has no right to further exploit him.
Sadly you’re giving her too much credit. I predict a big tv interview for big money and lots of sponsored videos regarding ‘their struggles’.

• Angry
I’m not even sure how they can considering continuing their channel after this. Surely the comments will all be about Huxley. I think the rules around showing kids on YouTube is highly questionable and this has just proved it. Huxley had no say on whether he wanted to be on the channel or not. Without getting too deep, one of the United Nations Rights of the Child dictates that children have a right to privacy. Huxley was put on their channel without any consideration to his own privacy and now sadly he will always have this sorry excuse for a family as part of his own history. How is he going to feel when he is old enough to understand all this?
YES to all of this.

There needs to be some international regulation on this and soon, as there is for children working in acting etc.

I wished they had thought of Huxley's privacy before they stuck a camera in his face and made him their son.

I hope that this does now lead to a change in the law so that children, biological or not can't be used as props in business ventures like youtube and instragram.

I do hope some smart arse lawyer goes after them for every cent they made from this little boy.

Reactions: 12
I feel the same and also about "reality" TV shows like the US beauty pageant ones - seen clips that just look horrendous and toxic. So much cruelty to children in so many different ways in this world because of emotionally stunted adults (including TV producers and people behind the scenes - social media giants etc looking for a profit). Poor little Huxley.

Just started watching a YouTube video from them “hugely emotional adoption video” and I couldn’t even watch the whole thing 😢 It’s all so contrived the poor boy is shoved into a room with them all just how overwhelming that must of been and given light up toys lolly pops shoved in his mouth all those people 😢

It would be hugely overwhelming for any child let alone a child with Autism !
It’s shameful !!

You can see Huxley crying but he’s turned away from the camera because honestly that doesn’t fit in with the perfectness of it all ! Hair all curled make up filming everything 🙄
But they got a hugely emotional video out of it i suppose
I can’t actually watch anymore it’s too upsetting !!

• Sad
Reactions: 10
To those trying to excuse this by saying he may have done something terrible or had depraved proclivities since before being adopted (which were covered up by the officials in China), you are aware he was still very young when adopted. Not four. Not fourteen. Not to say trauma can't be established in babies and infants, but the idea he was already some kind of secret deviant or bad guy is just horrible.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
And the end of the video you can see the tear stain on his cheek. Heartbreaking. I don't really agree with international adoption, it just feels wrong to rip a child from everything they know and take them somewhere where there, was, clearly no support for his cultural heritage. That woman is a monster. She pimped this child out to Dreft then dumped him like he was worthless.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
This, to me, is the pinnacle of all that is wrong with influencer culture. I couldn't watch the whole video as it made me too angry, but living your life beholden to sharing with your "community" and pimping your children, home and family out to all and sundry is so many levels of wrong. Children can never consent to the things their parents share with countless strangers, and even if they do and think it's ok now when they're adults they may not.

It's just all completely skewed.

That poor little boy.

• Sad
Reactions: 8