Myka Stauffer - The mother who gave up her internationally adopted Chinese son

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've watched a lot of Chinese adoption videos and it seems really common that the child just gets taken away with new parents straight away. I've always found it upsetting. Must be so frightening
I don't know about that but I have friends who are both RNs and adopted 2 Chinese boys and an Indian girl with special needs. Two are completely deaf and one had physical issues. Well, the latter one is in his early 20s now and a straight "A" student. He recently got married and has been back to China (his wife is from mainland China). He's brilliant and very well socialized, his parents had the necessary medical treatments done so his physical issues are in the past. Of the two deaf ones one is borderline intelligent, but trained to work jobs and is very happy (just turned 20) and the other is smart and in college for the deaf.

I am writing this because although foreign adoptions can be hard on a child (adjustment) none of those 3 children would have amounted to a hill of beans if my friends hadn't adopted them. There are some good people out there.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I really hope that Hux has a nice savings account set up with all his earnings in for being the Stauffer family bread winner. Because he is the reason they gained their following and now earn good money.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Honestly before today I’d never heard of this family but I’ve been reading about them all night. I hope this little boy finds someone who loves and cares for him truly. I’m so shocked that people could do this

Reactions: 9
I found her bc she was doing a collab w another YouTuber I watch so took a looksie of her channel.
But pretty quickly she began to rub me the wrong way, too fake and greedy as hell.
Hux was such an adorable little boy and for her and her witch ass husband to do this ... omfg. I’m so so sad for Hux.
How the duck do you adopt a child and have him for over 2yrs then all the sudden his “issues” are too much?!
She has posted many times of “how well” he’s doing with his therapies etc. Then she lies in the video saying they were not aware of how many problems he had? In over two years you didn’t know?!
You selfish nasty ass wench, she has some balls to even do the video.
Many people are livid, disgusted and have called, written to companies, agencies etc.
I’ve seen people on here have commented how the comments on the video are praising them.. bc they’ve deleted any w people calling them out.
Major newspapers across the country have picked up on the story and people are pissed!
I hope, firstly, that they lose their YouTube “career” and get a nice taste of people’s disgust with them. Money is the only thing these pieces of tit care about so losing this platform will be the only way she will feel the pain.
She and her husband are vile and hope to god karma slaps them senseless.

Reactions: 19
I reckon it was less their choice and whatever the equivalent of social services is where they are have got involved and removed him. Then they present it online as it being a choice they’ve made because that’s better PR wise than “we treated him badly and he was removed”.

I mean, if they tape his little hands like that to stop him comforting himself and put it online for anyone to see, what was happening behind closed doors?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I reckon it was less their choice and whatever the equivalent of social services is where they are have got involved and removed him. Then they present it online as it being a choice they’ve made because that’s better PR wise than “we treated him badly and he was removed”.

I mean, if they tape his little hands like that to stop him comforting himself and put it online for anyone to see, what was happening behind closed doors?
I don’t think so. DCS here in the US keeps kids in homes first and foremost. That’s their policy to do everything possible to keep the family intact..unless they believe the child’s life is in imminent danger (and even then they’ve failed woefully).
We have seen again and again how inept they are with abuse cases and how many kids left in families are killed. Point is there is no way they’d even do a home visit if the complaint was a child having his thumb taped, much less go to court to remove him.
These pieces of tit got rid of him, he was disposable to them.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
No idea who thus family is I'm horrified.
When they say return is in the USA social care foster system now?
Or returned to China?I hope the mainstream media pick up on this and they lose you tube channel and influence.

Reactions: 6
She tried to be Angelina Jolie by adopting a coloured kid and that too with special needs. She was trying to be Holy Madonna but turned out to be a total prat.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
This has been unraveling over the last few months. They went on holiday to Fiji (just Myka, James and their youngest bio kid) and when they got back, Huxley had vanished. It's not clear whether the holiday had set back Huxleys development or whether they went around the same time he was put back into care. If it was the latter and he had just been out into foster care, their Fiji holiday seemed to be very care free and happy... I don't know.
There are a lot of other gossip forums which have been discussing this as it's unfolded along with some Instagram accounts if you'd like more details. It's all been very hard to watch / read.

The thing is, they are a very wealthy family... surely there were options to explore first. Like a live in carer? Some home based support? Surely giving him away AGAIN would have been a last resort? He'd finally started to feel a bit of security after such a crappy start in life. Then handed back into the system.

Then there's Myka with all her 'I am a good Mum' mantras around the house and all her recent flirty videos. It all seems so messy and conflicting and my heart breaks for the little boy.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Would he have been "returned" to China or social services in the US ( a now extra child in the US system)?

Saw this
Screenshot_20200528-080423_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200528-080423_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
I guess his name was Huxley right? That's awful. He was little developmentally slower but he was a cutie. Such a shameful.

Does anyone know what her husband do for living.? She looks hella rich!
I use to watch them but I really hated both the wife and husband. They adopted Huxley but had another child of their
If she gave birth to a child with special needs she wouldn’t just return it. They’re vile people. Followed them since before Huxley's adoption. Couldn’t unfollow quick enough!
Vile is putting it mildly. Horrible family who flaunt their wealth. She had another kid last year so now they have 5. Can't believe they got rid of Huxley? What was he garbage? They are disgusting.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
It seems to be hitting the press now.

This makes me feel a bit better about the situation.

AA79ABC1-FDBC-413E-84C2-BAF2615A88B8.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I really don't know what to say!! Poor boy, I just hope he has the right support and love to settle him down and carry on. I wonder what the other children make of it all!!
Where did he go? He's from China and he's autistic. What a pile of tit for a family. They have 4 kids of their own I never understood why they adopted him from china? They are just fuckers. I stopped watching them when she had the last baby. All they did was brag about all their money and if their house was big enough. I just can't believe this. Poor Huxley

Myka witch has audacity to tell that if it was her kid she would have seeked help. But since Huxley is adopted one, it's better to dispose him off.
Huxley is like 4 how would he know what he wants. What a mother fucker

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
What a piece of work! Justifying it by saying he wanted this! What four year old makes decisions on where he should live? Four year olds want to eat sweets all day every day but we don’t say OK if that’s what you want! Own YOUR decision you tit bag.

Reactions: 14
And this is why Russia banned Americans adopting their children. Only in America would it be ok to say you were 'rehoming' your child.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Heartbroken for this little boy. It was clear from the start that this adoption was not well considered. I watched the video where they collected him from China and it was clear it was not a good fit! He even tried running away from them- it was rushed and more time should have been spent ensuring they were well matched. To give Jim his dues, Huxley seemed to bond quickly with him over Myka which I think bothered her.

As for Huxleys autism, for a supposed nurse Myka did not have a clue what to do with Huxley to help him. ABA Therapy is awful and does nothing but train an autistic individual to conform. It’s effectively dog training. They persisted to get him to sign even though he clearly did not have the understanding for it. She would have been better off teaching him effective communication with the picture exchange communication system which I’m sure would have helped prevent his meltdowns which she handled atrociously.

I hope Hux gets the family, love and help he so desperately deserves. God knows he’ll be better off without the Stauffers!

• Heart
Reactions: 13