Myka Stauffer - The mother who gave up her internationally adopted Chinese son

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This needs to be sent to the relevant authorities in the US. I'm so shocked at this. What awful parents

Reactions: 5
Thoughts? I’ve just recently come across this family so don’t know much about them other than they adopted a little boy from China in 2017 and have now gave up on him based on his additional needs.
they seem to keep saying the medical companies and care companies suggested a move would be better for him. I don’t know what’s gone one, but to put him for adoption just seems so strange. Adopting an international child with obvious special needs with that many children anyway, to then get pregnant straight away was madness. A Newborn baby when you’re trying to settle a terrified non verbal child from adoption seems crazy. Huxley needed that 1:1. Poor boy.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
If she gave birth to a child with special needs she wouldn’t just return it. They’re vile people. Followed them since before Huxley's adoption. Couldn’t unfollow quick enough!

Reactions: 30
I hope the little guy is happy in his new home. I have been following since he was first adopted. Set up an account here because I couldn't understand all the praise they were getting on the YouTube announcement last night.

In one of Mykas latest videos she was putting post-its around the house that said "you are a great mom". She can write out as many post-its as she wants but this is one of the worst things a mother could do.

In the video last night she said that the doctors recommended "something more" for him but I don't believe that second adoption is something that doctors recommend! If your child has issues you work through them as a family. Sure it might be tough, horrific even, but that's what being a parent is!

I also dont believe the RAD diagnosis they gave him... It's as if that's their excuse for rehoming. He seemed pretty attached at least to the dad and younger sister.

Saviour complex at its worst here. They only got the followers they have because of him.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I dont get the huxley needed something more 🤷‍♀️ not every parent can afford expensive therapy, so if he was a birth child would she give him away? All a child needs is a healthy loving environment to grow and learn not moved from pillar to post. I definately dont doubt that things were hard, but to just give up is crazy...especially when he had appeared to have grown such an attachment to the family. And to think at around Christmas Myka was badgering on to her husband about another baby and he was like no way we have enough!!

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Seems they have deleted their Stauffer Life channel. I'm gobsmacked at this, that poor kid.

Reactions: 6
I’ve just watched the video, poor kid has been treated like an unwanted pet! If one of their biological children had additional needs would they just give them away?

• Sad
Reactions: 16
So can you guys help me catch up? Why did she even do this adoption thing if she could have kids, what is up with that?

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
To dear little Huxley. I shall really miss your endearing smile but I sincerely hope that you are in a better home. A home where you won't have your thumb taped up in duck tape, where you can eat your dinner with your shirt on because you might have made a mess. Quite frankly who gives a tit as long as you have enjoyed a really healthy meal. Someone that gives you a cuddle after a tantrum and says it's ok, I love you. Just be the best that you can be .You deserve to be happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I used to watch her ages ago and she once posted one of those “my life story” videos. She cried throughout about her difficult childhood and many career changes. I thought it was odd and far fetched at the time and then read somewhere afterwards that people who knew her confirmed that most of it was false.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Didn't know this family until now. I feel really bad for the child. Whatever they say, the child is not doing great and is not thriving in his new family . I work with children who (temporarily or permanently) can't stay with their parents (abuse, neglect... and once we also had a little boy who was "returned" by his adoptive parents because he also had behavioral issues (what a surprise after having been abused and neglected by his biological parents). He was coping as well as he could but he was not well and will have attachment issues his whole life. And their talk about protecting his privacy... Yes right bullshit. Maybe they didn't share his medical history but putting up videos with him in it that are seen by 5 million does not protect his privacy. And the adoption video really made me mad. Did they just see him once and immediately took him with them? That's so disturbing and not how it should work.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
She’s very fake, my heart goes out to Huxley because he definitely does not deserve this.

Reactions: 5
How disturbing that must have been for the boy. Being brought to a place he doesn't know , 5 people waiting for him (it definitely makes sense to start with the parents first... So many people at once is too overwhelming)... and give him bleeping time to get to know and trust you. You don't have to shower him with gifts and if he turns away from you, that's perfectly fine, you can start playing two meters away from him and at some point he will want to join you... And then you do this a couple of days, at some point without his current caretakers and then you can take him home. We usually do this for 1-2 weeks for several times if the children go to (permanent) foster parents / are adopted (really depends on the child). Some need three days, others need 6 weeks but I would say most around 10 to 14 days.

This looks so disturbing that he had so little time with his new family and that the people he knows suddenly leave... Even most (good) dog shelters have stricter rules. Not really blaming the parents here - that's definitely also the agency's / orphanage's / fault but I am pretty sure this also contributed to some of the problems. That's just traumatizing.

Reactions: 13
This is SO SAD! What would Myka do if an unfortunate event happened and one of her biological children and/or husband ended up with a disability? What will she do with them??? Heaven forbid one of her biological children gets hurt zooming around on one of their 10 power wheels they have. If one of her biological children ever got injured and end up disabled they could possibly be put up for adoption. I couldn’t imagine what would happen if her husband James got hurt and disabled cleaning out one of those cars he does on YouTube. This whole situation makes my heart break for Huxley. Huxley is not a Toy that you return to the store because he couldn’t be fixed. James gives his all to fix/clean nasty cars but he chose not to even give Huxley the energy he puts into those vehicles. Huxley should be embraced and they could of gotten some sort of help with all the money they make from YouTube and sponsored videos. Maybe less filming and more time on Huxley could of made Hux thrive more. I was excited when the kids went back to school thinking Huxley was going to be getting more attention and one on one time from Myka. Did James start his car channel so their family could continue to get paid by YouTube? His followers should be aware of the person they are supporting. The Stauffer garage audience should be aware of the person the are financially supporting by watching his videos. Lord please keep Huxley safe, happy and thriving to be his best self he can be. I pray he ends up with a true loving forever family.

Anyone and Everyone should let these followers on Stauffer Garage and all the Sponsorship that support these people. We don’t give alway our children because of disabilities. This family could afford to get Huxley the help that could help him learn and grow. I’m noticing that he took up to much of their time and made YouTube and making money to hard for them. Look at the YouTube family sixblindkids they are incredible and amazing people. If the Stauffers want Huxley bad enough they would of made it work.

Please make followers aware they are no longer help paying for their son with a disability they are only helping them buy material things.

Stauffer garage people please beaware!

Reactions: 11
How disturbing that must have been for the boy. Being brought to a place he doesn't know , 5 people waiting for him (it definitely makes sense to start with the parents first... So many people at once is too overwhelming)... and give him bleeping time to get to know and trust you. You don't have to shower him with gifts and if he turns away from you, that's perfectly fine, you can start playing two meters away from him and at some point he will want to join you... And then you do this a couple of days, at some point without his current caretakers and then you can take him home. We usually do this for 1-2 weeks for several times if the children go to (permanent) foster parents / are adopted (really depends on the child). Some need three days, others need 6 weeks but I would say most around 10 to 14 days.

This looks so disturbing that he had so little time with his new family and that the people he knows suddenly leave... Even most (good) dog shelters have stricter rules. Not really blaming the parents here - that's definitely also the agency's / orphanage's / fault but I am pretty sure this also contributed to some of the problems. That's just traumatizing.
I've watched a lot of Chinese adoption videos and it seems really common that the child just gets taken away with new parents straight away. I've always found it upsetting. Must be so frightening

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14