Myka Stauffer - The mother who gave up her internationally adopted Chinese son

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What she’s done is vile but I would rather the kid go to a family that are able to accept him and his additional needs than remain with instafamous whores who cannot be bothered to parent him. Absolutely massive upheaval for him, and the effects will be life changing, but I can’t help feeling that perhaps he’s had a lucky escape.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Just read about this in the news and I’m shocked that anyone would do this, but especially a public figure! I understand it’s hard having a kid with additional needs (currently watchful waiting with my daughter) but I agree with the others who’ve said that they wouldn’t have given up Huxley if he was their bio child. I assume their other kids are all biologically theirs? When you adopt a child they’re your kid, they shouldn’t be treated any differently!

I’ve seen people on another website trash Angela Braniff who has six adopted kids (one with Downs, plus two bio kids) but one thing she said has stuck with me. With her most recent adoption of a newborn she spoke about the choice being the baby temporarily being put in a foster home, or her flying out there ASAP but the adoption potentially falling through anyway. She reasoned that she’d rather be with the new baby from the start, hoping the adoption would go through and he wouldn’t have the trauma of being moved between people so much. She did this at the risk of damaging her own mental health

Sorry I don’t mean to rant on about Angela, just wanted to show the comparison and also highlight the point that poor Huxley is probably going to be traumatised as his whole family have been ripped away, which is the last thing any child needs but especially difficult for one so young and with additional needs

I feel so sad for that kid but hope he’s getting the love and care that he deserves

Surely her YouTube career is over? People get cancelled for far less

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I watch a lot of the American families, and I *really hope* some of them have the balls to call her out about this, particularly Angela Braniff who has written a book about international adoption called "Love without Borders" who seems to be legitimate with her intention ( maybe I'm a naive fool ), and the "sweeter" influencers like Brittany Vasseur. It's just so awful.

Yeah she's awful on so many levels.
I 100% don’t resent my mum - I love her to bits. But she did this throughout my childhood . Always on the next diet always at the gym. When I hit my teens her body dysmorphia got passed on to me. If I’m lucky enough to have children I will never be negative about my body in front of my children

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Watched the video re "returning" the little boy.

From what was (and what was specifically NOT said) I hear loudly that something happened at home (I get the sense with another child).
hes a toddler it couldn’t of been anything that bad to bloody send him on his way!!

I get they may if needed respite but to just let go of him is unforgivable!

Reactions: 6
The only positive I can see in this awful situation is that hopefully the child will finally get a good home. I dread to think what would happen if they’d kept him and resented his every breath

Reactions: 12
Jesus Christ, what a pair of absolute fuckwits.

ive watched a couple of her videos and it’s pretty clear she thought she was getting a “sweet shy boy who loves cuddles” basically a cute kid to sit for pictures 😫 it sounds like they walked into this adoption with their eyes shut.

I don’t like that they keep saying they won’t disclose the things that he did at home “to protect his privacy” it almost sounds like they’re blaming a toddler. it’s absolutely awful. I hope they are never allowed to adopt again. And I seriously hope they start looking into all these you tubers and instagrammers who want a baby purely for content.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I am so saddened by this story. I think they put less thought or preparation into adopting a child with special needs than they would put into getting a dog from the animal shelter. I am adopted which is probably making me particularly sensitive to it.

Is there anything practical we can do to make sure they don’t make any more money off this poor child? I am tempted to report all their videos on YouTube but would that even have an effect?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I am so saddened by this story. I think they put less thought or preparation into adopting a child with special needs than they would put into getting a dog from the animal shelter. I am adopted which is probably making me particularly sensitive to it.

Is there anything practical we can do to make sure they don’t make any more money off this poor child? I am tempted to report all their videos on YouTube but would that even have an effect?
I'm not sure but I would like to do the same

Reactions: 2
I cant bring myself to watch her video, I just cant comprehend how what they have done is justifiable!!! That poor wee boy, it breaks my heart!!

Reactions: 3
This has been on my mind all day. My heart absolutely breaks for poor Hux. I hope these imbeciles are placed on an adoption black list so they are unable to use anymore children for their "fame".
You don't just adopt a child and they cast it away because it wasn't all unicorns and butterflies.
They chose and made an oath to that child, just like their biological children.

I wonder what this so called God they believe in and preach about so much has to say on what they've done to that helpless little boy.

Reactions: 9
What’s with the white shirts & sheets? Sure sounds to me like they were done cleaning up his feces. And she’s an RN? At least they’ll never live this down. Such horrible humans!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
After reading in the news today about two separate disabled children who were killed by their parents today because they couldn’t cope, I think they made the right decision. Who knows what went on behind closed doors ☹ Hopefully he is with his forever family who will love and care for him for the rest of his life.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
This is awful! Yes it’s hard to judge behind closed doors but they filmed their vlogs for everyone to see. In the vlogs they showed them talking down to the kid about having a “meltdown” and that he’s a naughty child and even put duct tape on his thumb to stop him sucking it! This poor kid needed all the comfort and love and from what I see on camera they didn’t know how to.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Just read about this in the news and I’m shocked that anyone would do this, but especially a public figure! I understand it’s hard having a kid with additional needs (currently watchful waiting with my daughter) but I agree with the others who’ve said that they wouldn’t have given up Huxley if he was their bio child. I assume their other kids are all biologically theirs? When you adopt a child they’re your kid, they shouldn’t be treated any differently!

I’ve seen people on another website trash Angela Braniff who has six adopted kids (one with Downs, plus two bio kids) but one thing she said has stuck with me. With her most recent adoption of a newborn she spoke about the choice being the baby temporarily being put in a foster home, or her flying out there ASAP but the adoption potentially falling through anyway. She reasoned that she’d rather be with the new baby from the start, hoping the adoption would go through and he wouldn’t have the trauma of being moved between people so much. She did this at the risk of damaging her own mental health

Sorry I don’t mean to rant on about Angela, just wanted to show the comparison and also highlight the point that poor Huxley is probably going to be traumatised as his whole family have been ripped away, which is the last thing any child needs but especially difficult for one so young and with additional needs

I feel so sad for that kid but hope he’s getting the love and care that he deserves

Surely her YouTube career is over? People get cancelled for far less

Braniff is worlds apart from Stauffer imho. I agree with everything you've said.

Reactions: 2
they seem to keep saying the medical companies and care companies suggested a move would be better for him. I don’t know what’s gone one, but to put him for adoption just seems so strange. Adopting an international child with obvious special needs with that many children anyway, to then get pregnant straight away was madness. A Newborn baby when you’re trying to settle a terrified non verbal child from adoption seems crazy. Huxley needed that 1:1. Poor boy.
This is one of the things that disgusted most about the whole sorry saga, the fact that they adopt a child with additional needs who requires a lot of focus and attention on him but they almost immediately have a biological child, what a dumb and selfish thing to do, no wonder they couldn’t cope

• Heart
Reactions: 13