My Unorthodox life - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
she is so thin
I know she starved herself when she was in Monsey but she hasn’t mentioned it since. she looks so unwell. I can’t say I’m surprised given her situation and given that it was her reaction when her previous relationship ended.

Reactions: 6
I know she starved herself when she was in Monsey but she hasn’t mentioned it since. she looks so unwell. I can’t say I’m surprised given her situation and given that it was her reaction when her previous relationship ended.
Ok, ok, I was only on ep 2 when I wrote this. It’s now been addressed and it was such a devastating convo to hear.

Reactions: 1
Miriam’s girlfriend is a free-loader and there for the lifestyle. The pair were painfully cringe.
Robert - so insecure and desperate for love that he’ll accept that crappy treatment. It upsets me for him.
Ra-Ed - BAD VIBES. Another free loader who’s enjoying the lifestyle Robert is paying for.
Batsheva- about as interesting at a lettuce leaf. She has absolutely no personality. She’s so drab
Julia was beyond foolish to belief Silvio.

Reactions: 13
Miriam’s girlfriend is a free-loader and there for the lifestyle. The pair were painfully cringe.
Robert - so insecure and desperate for love that he’ll accept that crappy treatment. It upsets me for him.
Ra-Ed - BAD VIBES. Another free loader who’s enjoying the lifestyle Robert is paying for.
Batsheva- about as interesting at a lettuce leaf. She has absolutely no personality. She’s so drab
Julia was beyond foolish to belief Silvio.
?reed about Julia, as people have commented before for someone allegedly so independent is too reliant on men

Reactions: 6
?reed about Julia, as people have commented before for someone allegedly so independent is too reliant on men
I think Julia knew what she was doing! She wanted an easy ride, someone with money. Why get married so quickly after what she had been through.

Reactions: 3
I think Julia knew what she was doing! She wanted an easy ride, someone with money. Why get married so quickly after what she had been through.
From experience when you’ve grown up and lived in such a controlled religion / community and you break free from it , the freedom to do what you want can be so liberating
It’s like being a jack in the box analogy

No, but really want to - has anyone watched series 2? What did you think of it if so?
I read the book, reads very much like her narrative in the show and all her interviews.

So glad I found this post. I watched both seasons and read her book in-between seasons.
I agree with a lot of what has already been said.
Miriam's girlfriend I didn't like, she looked like she was making Miriam feel guilty about her capacity to stay in the US. Miriam looks like she is still very naive and in love, but I think they have broken up.
Robert, I felt for him and understood why he may want to take time for himself while this was going on. He has his own life and was dealing with his own relationship and Julia wanted him there all the time, wouldn't even let him go get groceries!
It also made me wonder if he knows more about the business aspect that we don't that made him want to pull away.
Ra'ed! Omg, I was glad that Robert's mum expressed her hesitation. I don't find him genuine and very selfish!

I did agree with Julia putting her foot down with the youngest son wanting to move school. Those long hours and also knowing what her eldest son had been through in the same situation.

I also found it interesting how they forget to mention that the companies she led were owned by her husband. Doesn't take away from her capacity, but makes more sense how she could get all her kids to work there also.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I read the book, reads very much like her narrative in the show and all her interviews.

So glad I found this post. I watched both seasons and read her book in-between seasons.
I agree with a lot of what has already been said.
Miriam's girlfriend I didn't like, she looked like she was making Miriam feel guilty about her capacity to stay in the US. Miriam looks like she is still very naive and in love, but I think they have broken up.
Robert, I felt for him and understood why he may want to take time for himself while this was going on. He has his own life and was dealing with his own relationship and Julia wanted him there all the time, wouldn't even let him go get groceries!
It also made me wonder if he knows more about the business aspect that we don't that made him want to pull away.
Ra'ed! Omg, I was glad that Robert's mum expressed her hesitation. I don't find him genuine and very selfish!

I did agree with Julia putting her foot down with the youngest son wanting to move school. Those long hours and also knowing what her eldest son had been through in the same situation.

I also found it interesting how they forget to mention that the companies she led were owned by her husband. Doesn't take away from her capacity, but makes more sense how she could get all her kids to work there also.
What did you think of the book?? I’m tempted to get it but I was afraid it would just be a repeat of what’s in the Netflix show

She is very thin but I also think she’s less than 5 ft? So she would naturally have a small frame too.

Update on their divorce settlement

From that article… he’s dropped all lawsuits, he can’t bring them to court again and she’s still surfing! It makes me think he really did make a load of it up!! Wow

Reactions: 4
Just randomly watched this over the last few days. The only real thing was what Bat said that it's weird to be spending so much tme with your family. Most of it seemed pretty fake - the Swedish woman was especially strange! Miriam also really looks like someone but can't think who.

Are they going to make another series?

Reactions: 2