My Unorthodox life - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think (only on episode 7 atm) Julia clearly had been in a controlling (for want of a better word) relationship in her community, and basically ended up in something similar, albeit in a differnt way, which is pretty usual. The financial side of it I still don't really get, but it was obviousl to me that he must clearly have been the one in control of it, so (as awful as it is) it didn't surprise me) that he took it all from her, the narrative her her as a woman who had built an empire from nothing never made sense, clearly it was his money etc and she had helped, otherwise it was never explained how she had left a house/community with 0 income/even a bank account and somehow become a millionaire
Yes, her Orthodox Jewish life had her as a second-class citizen at best, as far as I can tell. I agree that people often choose similar people to be with, even if it is subconsciously.
I always thought they were equal partners but that he funded the business, because, like you said, Julia probably had enough money to ge her out of there and to get somewhere to live, but not 3nough to start/invest in a business. Looking forzward to seeing how it all plays out!

Reactions: 1
This season is a rollercoaster!

Miriam’s gf is a low-key freeloader
I feel like I was pissed at Batsheba at first for not being supportive but she is basically going through the same thing with very little family help
I liked Julia at lot less after that conversation with Robert about his support - he took her to Texas!

Reactions: 9
Right, I'm finished haha … looking at social media it looks more like Miriam’s gf was a paid actor 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Just watching the last episode, who on earth would want details of their mums one night stands?!

Reactions: 4
Especially when he was younger than you 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
I cannot think of a conversation I would less rather have with a parent :ROFLMAO: It is so random to have 9 episodes in a series isn't it? it irrationally annoys me that it is not either 8 or 10 :ROFLMAO:

Right, I'm finished haha … looking at social media it looks more like Miriam’s gf was a paid actor 😂
I don't know if you ever watched The City (mtv reality show) but iirc at least one person on that was actually an actor, I think in US reality shows it is more common than we realise. I remember when Wife Swap used to be on the US version when shown in the UK had a warning at the start that some scenes were set up for "dramatic purposes". side note is starbucks, fiji water etc paying for sponsorship in this show? they always seem to be turned with the label to camera whereas other drinks aren't

watching the final part of ep 9, Miriam is an awful actress, saying "wow that is terrible" with 0 emotion about her "girlfriend's" friend being rejected for a green card was hilariously ridiculous :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I'm half way through episode 4 and I feel so sad for Julia. I am also getting really really bad vibes from Ra'ed.

Reactions: 5
I'm half way through episode 4 and I feel so sad for Julia. I am also getting really really bad vibes from Ra'ed.
same, I have finished and still feel the same. (no spoilers don;t worry ) but he very much seems liek he is using the relationship for fame

Reactions: 3
I found the first season really inauthentic and the back story very clearly bullshit, also didn’t like how they treated the youngest son, but the preview for this series looks interesting cos it appears their lives are imploding? Is it worth a watch for someone who couldn’t get through s1?

I'm so glad that there's a thread for this. As has already been said, Miriam's girlfriend is a freeloader. I also really dislike Ra'ad (and I'm only part way though episode 2). It's not a happily open relationship if only one person is into the open part of it. Robert is such a sweetheart, but he is being used and abused because of his vulnerabilities and insecurities.

Reactions: 10
I thought season 2 was boring. They barely filmed outside the penthouse and just kept covering the same tit with Silvio.

Julia is a mug for just taking Silvio at his word, I mean he’s the man that has gaslighted you for years 🤦‍♀️.

I don’t like Roberts boyfriend and Miriam’s girlfriend is just there for the money, I mean the shithole she was living in 😬

They also just need to leave Aron to make his own mistakes/make his mind up! The more they push the more he will dig his heels in.

Reactions: 7
I get Julia is very petite but she is painfully thin 😔 does anyone know if she got her name cleared/money back? That makes sense about Miriam's gf. She seems do disingenuous

Reactions: 5
Looks like miriam and her girlfriend have broken up! No surprise there tbh.

Reactions: 10
I was shocked that one of the first things Julia did was go to a match maker 😳 wtf?!
Yes, because she said had to flee her previous Jewish marriage, so the obvious thing to do would be to see a matchmaker again 🤔 I think there is so much sensationalizing when it comes to her.

Yes, because she said had to flee her previous Jewish marriage, so the obvious thing to do would be to see a matchmaker again 🤔 I think there is so much sensationalizing when it comes to her.
She fights to be an ‘independent woman’ but she can’t live without a man 🤦🏻‍♀️