Music you're obsessed with

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Manic Street Preachers (pre-Everything Must Go they were my life), Smashing Pumpkins, My Chemical Romance, Idlewild, The Strokes, Muse, Marion, Suede, Jeff Buckley. Arcade Fire (not the last album though :sick:) Doves, Placebo, Pixies, Nirvana.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I usually include mixes for work, sometimes it's covers of my favorite songs, or something to suit my mood. I've already got 10 titles on my playlist, thanks!

Oasis, Abba & Britney Spears are my three all time favourites
Very different 😂

Not so much new Britney though

Reactions: 3
Some music I never skip if they come up on shuffle:

If It Weren't For The Nights, ABBA
Under Attack, ABBA
Ballade No. 1 in G Minor, Chopin
Orfeo et Eurydice - Mélodie, Gluck
'Round Midnight, Julie London
Scheherazade- The Tale of the Kalendar Prince, Rimsky-Korsakov
Don't Look Back in Anger, Oasis

Reactions: 1
What's everyone's favourite song(s) of all time? The ones that have stuck with you for years, that make your heart feel happy because they're such bliss to listen to? I can't choose a single song but a few of mine are:

miracle aligner - the last shadow puppets
thunder road - bruce springsteen
no buses and suck it and see - arctic monkeys
only angel - harry styles
vienna - billy joel
layla - derek and the dominos
long way to go - stevie nicks
sidewinder - catfish and the bottlemen
still into you - paramore
return the favor - all time low
standing here - the stone roses

Reactions: 3
Johnny Cash
Bob Dylan
Fleetwood Mac
Led Zepellin
Janis Joplin
Paul Simon- Graceland album
The Doors
T-Rex/Marc Bolan
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Jeff Buckley
Shakey Graves

Im 34, so lets just say my parents were amazing and made sure i was influenced by them! Ive been lucky enough to see some of my idols (even though the remaining ones are obviously old now. I just wish i had seen Johnny Cash live).

I do love music though, if i could do it all again i would have absolutely tried to get into music journalism.... I did write my BA dissertation on Johnny Cash and his prison concerts/ albums though.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
What's everyone's favourite song(s) of all time? The ones that have stuck with you for years, that make your heart feel happy because they're such bliss to listen to? I can't choose a single song but a few of mine are:

miracle aligner - the last shadow puppets
thunder road - bruce springsteen
no buses and suck it and see - arctic monkeys
only angel - harry styles
vienna - billy joel
layla - derek and the dominos
long way to go - stevie nicks
sidewinder - catfish and the bottlemen
still into you - paramore
return the favor - all time low
standing here - the stone roses
Arcade Fire - Tunnels
MSP - La Tristesse Durera
Placebo - Special Needs
Smashing Pumpkins - Stand Inside Your Love
MCR - It's Not A Fashion Statement, It's A Deathwish

Mainly for sentimental reasons as they were songs that meant something to me at important times in my life.

Reactions: 2
Missy Higgins. I was made aware of her in 2004 thanks to the internet and followed her career ever since. For whatever reason she's never really tried to crack the UK but she's done well in her native Australia. She was the teenage crush of Ed Sheeran so he had her as his support act on his Australian tour and on You Tube there is a brilliant duet of Perfect they did.

Just lately I've gone back to my Heavy rock/thrash metal days again. Haven't done that since uni 5 or 6 years ago.

I especially enjoy listening to it in the car on long journeys, singing out loud with the volume ramped up. Certainly gets a lot of simmering anger/frustrations out of my system

Reactions: 6
So far this week mostly listening to fleetwood mac, the dubliners and motorhead. Not particularly obssessed with any genre but I can't stand jazz.

So far this week mostly listening to fleetwood mac, the dubliners and motorhead. Not particularly obssessed with any genre but I can't stand jazz.
my partner loves The Dubliners and often tries to get me to listen to them, while he tells me the life stories of Luke Kelly and Ronnie Drew. But i cant share his enthusiasm lol. I love the Pogues though, but apparently without the dubliners there would be no pogues. And the pogues are like young innocent boys compared to the Dubliners! I think my partner is just in love with Ronnie Drew tbh.

Reactions: 1
my partner loves The Dubliners and often tries to get me to listen to them, while he tells me the life stories of Luke Kelly and Ronnie Drew. But i cant share his enthusiasm lol. I love the Pogues though, but apparently without the dubliners there would be no pogues. And the pogues are like young innocent boys compared to the Dubliners! I think my partner is just in love with Ronnie Drew tbh.
Yes the pogues are like a punked up version of the dubliners. The dubliners on acid as my H calls them 😃

Anything from Opera to Metal to pop 😂 my music on my phone consists of various operas, Iron Maiden, Metallica to Bowie, Pulp to Steps and Pet Shop Boys. I love all music apart from Jazz....it’s just wrong and gives me a headache 😬

I listen to anything and everything 😂

Some of my faves are the decemberists, fleetwood Mac, Dolly Parton, rod Stewart, Tina Turner, frightened rabbit, the front bottoms, Gerry cinnamon, beautiful south, paramore, deacon blue, oasis, Coldplay, you me at six, Lewis Capaldi to name a select few 😂

Last edited:
I love Nothing but Thieves at the minute, I could listen to Impossible 24/7

I’m a Brit pop fan-showing my age- but that was an amazing era

• Heart
Reactions: 5