Music you're obsessed with

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love Nothing but Thieves at the minute, I could listen to Impossible 24/7

I’m a Brit pop fan-showing my age- but that was an amazing era
I’ve listened to the orchestra version a million times. Amazing song!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It’s utterly beautiful. It’s one of those that just grab you and give you all the feels- like One Day Like This by Elbow.

I never tire of The Smiths it would be my dream for them to reunite for 1 last tour
Also love tears for fears and tame impala, I don’t listen to the modern music that’s out just now it’s all 💩

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I love Nothing but Thieves at the minute, I could listen to Impossible 24/7

I’m a Brit pop fan-showing my age- but that was an amazing era
It sure was...good memories and always seemed like it was sunny during that era!

My husband and I have recently discovered NBT. The singer has an amazing voice. My favourites of theirs are Particles and Real Love Song.

Reactions: 1
Taylor Swift’s Folklore is the only thing I’ve listened to since it came out. Just brilliant.

Prefer their first 3 albums to their new album
I obviously meant the music you hear on radio 1 👍🏼
They play a whole range of music on radio 1 - depends what show you listen to :p sorry just irks me when people say “modern music is crap” when that ranges from everything from modern classical music,rock, electronic, folk etc ... modern music isn’t a genre of itself.

I went to a lot of raves and rave clubs in the early/mid 90s. Love the music and will never tire of it, just takes me back to the best nights of my life - turn up about midnight and dance all night until the club or rave closed at 7 or 8 am. Some favourites:

Passion by Gat Decor
Valley of The Shadows by Origin Unknown (that long dark tunnel tune!! 😁)
You Girls by Nush
Trippin' on Sunshine by Pizzaman
Where Love Lives by Alison Limerick

The list is endless....

I also love the music of Erik Satie, just sublime.

Last edited:
Revisiting The Fame by Lady Gaga. I know people will have their opinions of her but it really is one of the best debut pop albums ever. I can't believe its nearly 13 years old. The tracklist is so strong. Good pop music was hard to come by between the mid-late 10s but 2020 was a great year for music in general tbh. Dua Lipa's Future Nostalgia and Rina Sawayama's SAWAYAMA were such stand outs for me and of course Taylor's offerings <3

• Heart
I love 70's/80's music (I'm 28). Some of my favourite bands are The Smiths, Tears for Fear, Erasure, Supertramp, Queen, Genesis... I could go on!

I also love pop (more so as a nostalgia trip growing up in the 90s/00's). Dua Lipa's Future Nostalgia album is pop perfection to me. I also like Steps new stuff as a guilty pleasure :LOL:

I went through a punk/emo phase during my teenage years and never really grew out of it! I was due to go to HellaMega tour (Greenday, Weezer and Fall Out Boy) last year but it was cancelled due to you know what! I love Muse also, seen them 4 times :)

ETA: I really like this song atm. The lyrics relate to me so much:

Last edited:
I went to a lot of raves and rave clubs in the early/mid 90s. Love the music and will never tire of it, just takes me back to the best nights of my life - turn up about midnight and dance all night until the club or rave closed at 7 or 8 am. Some favourites:

Passion by Gat Decor
Valley of The Shadows by Origin Unknown (that long dark tunnel tune!! 😁)
You Girls by Nush
Trippin' on Sunshine by Pizzaman
Where Love Lives by Alison Limerick

The list is endless....

I also love the music of Erik Satie, just sublime.
I always wish I’d been old enough to experience a proper 90s rave. Some of the events I go to now (pre covid!) call themselves raves but I’m sure they are very tame and organised in comparison 😅

My taste encompasses most things, but when I think about musical obsessions I think: BTS, SHINee/Everglow/f(x)/Wonder Girls/SKZ, a bunch of Korean rappers/artists like DPR Live and Sik-k, Tom Waits, Elliott Smith, Smashing Pumpkins, Explosions in the Sky, Carly Rae Jepsen and Taylor Swift (EMOTION and 1989 are just... pop gold), Fiona Apple, Joanna Newsom, Ludovico Einaudi, Camera Obscura (the best group to ever come out of Scotland), This Mortal Coil, Third Eye Blind, Jamiroquai, Mazzy Star, Rina Sawayama, Danny Brown, Carissa's Wierd, John Coltrane, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, My Bloody Valentine, Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds, Boards of Canada, This Will Destroy You, Miles Davis, Mother Mother, Cigarettes After Sex, Bloc Party, Novo Amor. Love anything with a groove or that makes me want to d*e.

I always wish I’d been old enough to experience a proper 90s rave. Some of the events I go to now (pre covid!) call themselves raves but I’m sure they are very tame and organised in comparison 😅
Believe me, I had the time of my life, wish someone would invent a time machine so I could go back and do it again.

I used to go to World Dance, Helter-Skelter, Dreamscape raves, and clubs I went to were Club UK in Wandsworth, The Lazerdrome in Peckham, Bagleys at Kings Cross, Mirage in Windsor, The Rhythm Station in Aldershot and a few others that are lost in the mists of time in my brain. 🙂🙂🙂

• Heart
My taste encompasses most things, but when I think about musical obsessions I think: BTS, SHINee/Everglow/f(x)/Wonder Girls/SKZ, a bunch of Korean rappers/artists like DPR Live and Sik-k, Tom Waits, Elliott Smith, Smashing Pumpkins, Explosions in the Sky, Carly Rae Jepsen and Taylor Swift (EMOTION and 1989 are just... pop gold), Fiona Apple, Joanna Newsom, Ludovico Einaudi, Camera Obscura (the best group to ever come out of Scotland), This Mortal Coil, Third Eye Blind, Jamiroquai, Mazzy Star, Rina Sawayama, Danny Brown, Carissa's Wierd, John Coltrane, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, My Bloody Valentine, Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds, Boards of Canada, This Will Destroy You, Miles Davis, Mother Mother, Cigarettes After Sex, Bloc Party, Novo Amor. Love anything with a groove or that makes me want to d*e.
LA DI DA by Everglow is such a tune. I can't help but think if a lot of these kpop songs were by American artists, they'd be the biggest pop songs of the year. Much better than some of the crap the radio has to offer.