Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Clairer86

VIP Member
Johnny Cash
Bob Dylan
Fleetwood Mac
Led Zepellin
Janis Joplin
Paul Simon- Graceland album
The Doors
T-Rex/Marc Bolan
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Jeff Buckley
Shakey Graves

Im 34, so lets just say my parents were amazing and made sure i was influenced by them! Ive been lucky enough to see some of my idols (even though the remaining ones are obviously old now. I just wish i had seen Johnny Cash live).

I do love music though, if i could do it all again i would have absolutely tried to get into music journalism.... I did write my BA dissertation on Johnny Cash and his prison concerts/ albums though.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Manic Street Preachers (pre-Everything Must Go they were my life), Smashing Pumpkins, My Chemical Romance, Idlewild, The Strokes, Muse, Marion, Suede, Jeff Buckley. Arcade Fire (not the last album though :sick:) Doves, Placebo, Pixies, Nirvana.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
Just lately I've gone back to my Heavy rock/thrash metal days again. Haven't done that since uni 5 or 6 years ago.

I especially enjoy listening to it in the car on long journeys, singing out loud with the volume ramped up. Certainly gets a lot of simmering anger/frustrations out of my system

McNuggets

Chatty Member
I like a real mix. From Mozart, Linkin Park, 50 Cent, to ABBA! I’m a musical weirdo.

Pot2PeeIn

I love Nothing but Thieves at the minute, I could listen to Impossible 24/7

I’m a Brit pop fan-showing my age- but that was an amazing era

• Heart
Reactions: 5

StrawberryCream

VIP Member
I never tire of The Smiths it would be my dream for them to reunite for 1 last tour
Also love tears for fears and tame impala, I don’t listen to the modern music that’s out just now it’s all 💩

• Heart
Reactions: 4

NP

VIP Member
Pearl Jam, Alanis Morissette, Fleetwood Mac, The Cranberries, NIN. I could and do listen to them again and again and never tire of the same old songs.

Reactions: 4

Chateau Marmont

Pop, the cheesier the better but I my biggest musical heroes are Kate Bush, David Bowie and The Beatles. Used to be a big Madonna fan until around the time Rebel Heart came out and will always adore Kylie and Britney.

Then there is my love of showtunes, which I get routinely mocked for but really don't care.

Reactions: 3

catscradle

Some of my favourites include The Cocteau Twins (Heaven or Las Vegas is a god-tier album!), Tame Impala, Pink Floyd, Queen, The Beatles, Frank Ocean, Lana del Rey, Kendrick Lamar, Tyler the Creator, Royksopp, Air, Drake, The Beatles, Dornik, Anderson Paak, Kali Uchis, Nujabes, Steve Lacy, Sza, Lapsley, James Blake, The Avalanches, The Weeknd, Partynextdoor, Dua Lipa, Boards of Canada, Amy Winehouse, Outkast, Carly Rae Jepsen

• Heart

orlyb1310

VIP Member
What's everyone's favourite song(s) of all time? The ones that have stuck with you for years, that make your heart feel happy because they're such bliss to listen to? I can't choose a single song but a few of mine are:

miracle aligner - the last shadow puppets
thunder road - bruce springsteen
no buses and suck it and see - arctic monkeys
only angel - harry styles
vienna - billy joel
layla - derek and the dominos
long way to go - stevie nicks
sidewinder - catfish and the bottlemen
still into you - paramore
return the favor - all time low
standing here - the stone roses

coconochanel

VIP Member
Anything from Opera to Metal to pop 😂 my music on my phone consists of various operas, Iron Maiden, Metallica to Bowie, Pulp to Steps and Pet Shop Boys. I love all music apart from Jazz....it’s just wrong and gives me a headache 😬
Really I'd have thought you would be listening to Rihanna's S&M or is that just when your in the mood for some red room fun?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 2

under the ivy

VIP Member
I love 70's/80's music (I'm 28). Some of my favourite bands are The Smiths, Tears for Fear, Erasure, Supertramp, Queen, Genesis... I could go on!

I also love pop (more so as a nostalgia trip growing up in the 90s/00's). Dua Lipa's Future Nostalgia album is pop perfection to me. I also like Steps new stuff as a guilty pleasure :LOL:

I went through a punk/emo phase during my teenage years and never really grew out of it! I was due to go to HellaMega tour (Greenday, Weezer and Fall Out Boy) last year but it was cancelled due to you know what! I love Muse also, seen them 4 times :)

ETA: I really like this song atm. The lyrics relate to me so much:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2