Murphy sisters Bla & Aoibh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fuckin "blackfishing" wtf does that even mean. I'm not "woke" enough obvs.
'“Blackfishing” refers to someone who uses things like hairstyling and makeup to create and enhance certain features to make it appear as if they have black heritage or are racially ambiguous.'

"Black fishing"me hole and "calling people out" - stop trying to americanise everything please.
What does Americanising things have to do with anything?! Blackfishing is a problem because it allows a person to pick and choose the 'cool' parts of black culture and identity, without facing any of the discrimination that black people do.

Reactions: 4
Theres a huge difference between cultural appropriation and cultural appreciation. Bla most definitely does not appreciate black culture.

Reactions: 1
'“Blackfishing” refers to someone who uses things like hairstyling and makeup to create and enhance certain features to make it appear as if they have black heritage or are racially ambiguous.'

What does Americanising things have to do with anything?! Blackfishing is a problem because it allows a person to pick and choose the 'cool' parts of black culture and identity, without facing any of the discrimination that black people do.
Ah get off the bandwagon will you. The girl slaps on a load of fake tan cos she thinks it makes her look good. It has duck all to do with black culture. Blackfishing- what a load of shite!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ah get off the bandwagon will you. The girl slaps on a load of fake tan cos she thinks it makes her look good. It has duck all to do with black culture. Blackfishing- what a load of shite!
Calm down, and read the definition of blackfishing.

You will then realise that whether or not you agree - this is exactly what she is doing, consciously or not.

Reactions: 9
I'm nice and calm thanks. I know what somebody has decided is blackfishing alright. I just don't agree with the term in general and certainly not in this case.

Reactions: 1
I'm nice and calm thanks. I know what somebody has decided is blackfishing alright. I just don't agree with the term in general and certainly not in this case.
I'm curious, what exactly do you not agree with about the term??

Reactions: 4
Well I just don't buy into a term that has been conjured by someone to try to dictate to others what they can and can't do aesthetically with their own appearance. Simple as that. It's particularly ridiculous that somebody wearing a bit of fake tan can be deemed "blackfishing". Adele got a load of tit recently for putting a few plaits in her hair. And the funny thing is, it wasn't even black people that had an issue with it - they came out in support actually. And this is the problem, its generally, from what I see anyway, self righteous, "woke" white people jumping on the latest politically correct bandwagon they see on Twitter and trying to pontificate on others behalf instead and the real issues of inequality and racism get lost/ignored in the ridiculousness of it all.

I'm not going to derail the thread any further by entering into further discussion. That's my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Well I just don't buy into a term that has been conjured by someone to try to dictate to others what they can and can't do aesthetically with their own appearance. Simple as that. It's particularly ridiculous that somebody wearing a bit of fake tan can be deemed "blackfishing". Adele got a load of tit recently for putting a few plaits in her hair. And the funny thing is, it wasn't even black people that had an issue with it - they came out in support actually. And this is the problem, its generally, from what I see anyway, self righteous, "woke" white people jumping on the latest politically correct bandwagon they see on Twitter and trying to pontificate on others behalf instead and the real issues of inequality and racism get lost/ignored in the ridiculousness of it all.

I'm not going to derail the thread any further by entering into further discussion. That's my opinion.
I agree, I’m black and I don’t see Bla , charleen (as mentioned on her thread the other week) or any of the others as blackfishing - Jesy Nelson was a bit though with the accent and hair and all but that wasn’t even offensive she clearly likes the style which is why she’s trying to “copy” it.
Bla is clearly a white women 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Can we all move on from the blackfishing. OK some agree some don't. Either way let's park it

Reactions: 8
Well I just don't buy into a term that has been conjured by someone to try to dictate to others what they can and can't do aesthetically with their own appearance.
That's not what the term does at all. You're kinda missing the point 🙁 ...

Considering you don't seem to be overly informed on the matter, I think that may be a good idea 🙂

Reactions: 6
That's not what the term does at all. You're kinda missing the point 🙁 ...

Considering you don't seem to be overly informed on the matter, I think that may be a good idea 🙂
And neither are you as evidenced by your own posts on this thread but sure ya know what, we'll leave it at that. But remember, just because somebody is offended it doesn't make them right. Have a nice evening!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Bla is dressing like a traveller and tan is too dark but I don’t think she’s trying to be a black woman ….if anything she’s dressing more like a Latino or Kim kardashian vibe than a black woman ….. her hair is straight and black and not braided etc , her figure wouldn’t really be the typical black woman’s figure & her dress sense is more gypsey style than black fashion , her lips are that cheap blown up towie look. Also her Botox and fillers wouldn’t really be something I would associate with a stylish black lady …. I think black fishing is a bit of a silly thing to say that she’s doing and a bit far fetched . Bla wrecks my head but “black fishing” is not what she’s doing here

Reactions: 11
Bla is dressing like a traveller and tan is too dark but I don’t think she’s trying to be a black woman ….if anything she’s dressing more like a Latino or Kim kardashian vibe than a black woman ….. her hair is straight and black and not braided etc , her figure wouldn’t really be the typical black woman’s figure & her dress sense is more gypsey style than black fashion , her lips are that cheap blown up towie look. Also her Botox and fillers wouldn’t really be something I would associate with a stylish black lady …. I think black fishing is a bit of a silly thing to say that she’s doing and a bit far fetched . Bla wrecks my head but “black fishing” is not what she’s doing here
She’s traveller fishing

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.