Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blackbird

I remember watching a crime show about it years ago and there was this one Australian female TV reporter who had Joanne's back up until a certain point ... she said there were just so many things that didn't stack up about her behaviour. Including wearing that 'cheeky monkey' t shirt at one point (court? press conference?). Just so weird.

Reactions: 1

Bexybest

I watched this , it didn’t need to be on for four nights.
Agreed it was a slow documentary they could have covered it in 90 mins!

I think Lees had something to do with it but I don't feel the doc offered any more insight into what actually happened.. They mainly talked about the evidence and how some of it can be discredited.

Blackbird

I've always felt she had something to do with it. Call it intuition; call it something else. But I am absolutely convinced of that. There were some things in the series that I hadn't seen before; her smugness and rudeness alone were just so 'off.' She must thank her lucky stars every day that she managed to get away with it.

Good on that advertising guy and ex-Lawyer for doing all that work on this investigation. Sadly, it will prove fruitless as the guy who's locked away is dying of cancer and will likely never be pardoned. I doubt it'll even get to trial again; I have a feeling that those who were involved (alongside Lees), have long passed.

I think Peter told her he wanted out of the relationship when they returned home - which must have come as a huge shock to her as she (allegedly) wanted to get married on the way back home), - so she pretended all was well and then hung him out to dry over a drug deal. Maybe she intended to run off with this Nick guy who was maybe involved in Peter's disappearance (via the red car?); maybe as a result of that she decided to break it off all contact with him and create this new life without him? He's back in London now, where he works in IT.

I’ve just finished watching them too. I am also perplexed. She seemed like an actress playing a character, it didn’t feel like she was genuine? I think she knows more than she’s let on, but I don’t know if she did it? I think Murdoch must have been involved somehow but the evidence doesn’t seem strong enough.

I’m also convinced the lorry driver had something to do with it, why would he tell her to make sure she’s got a story straight (I’m positive I heard him say that)? If they were telling the truth, they wouldn’t need to get their story straight. He just seemed a strange character.
Yes, he did say that. I think he was just concerned that maybe she was tied up in something that had got a bit bigger than she could have realised. It may have been a subtle hint not to dob anyone in, or she could be in grave danger. I think he was just a typical Aussie trucker; I didn't get any 'off' feeling about him.

I wonder what ever came of this:

^ A part of me does also think he faked his death though. It would not be hard to do, especially if he had helpers.

Last edited:

Reverend

VIP Member
I don't think Peter Falconio faked his death. No one could be that cruel to their family.

It's alleged that Murdoch had been taking some of the stuff he had been transporting, and ended up a bit paranoid, thinking that the Kombi had been tracking them. Not quite sure how....

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
I’m into the first episode. First feeling is that there is much more to the story. There’s a lot of unanswered questions by the sounds of it.

It does feel biased, but why?

Lola3333

I’d also love to hear people’s opinions on this one, I found it so interesting at the time! I know a lot of people are suspicious of Joanna but personally I never believed that?

Sticks&Stones

I think because they didn’t want NT to be seen as a dangerous place with a murderer on the loose.
Apologies, I was meaning why would Peter fake his own death and stage it to look like a murder, as opposed to an accident. It just doesn't add up for me.

It's just all so bizarre.

meowrah

Just finished episode three. A lot of what I've seen so far seems to be a very targeted and sensationalised attempt to discredit JL. If it wasn't so biased I might give it some thought, but as it quite clearly has an agenda I'll take it all with a pinch of salt. Will be interested to hear other opinions!
that’s a shame, may have to give it a pass then.

Sticks&Stones

Perhaps I'm naive, but I can't believe anyone would be that cruel to their family to fake their death like that.
I agree. As for whether Murdoch was guilty I'm still unsure, but the behaviour of the police was certainly suspicious at times (the officer taking the cable handcuffs into the jail for seemingly no reason).

I don't think Lees was involved but her behaviour was certainly strange on several occasions.

MrsJones83

VIP Member
I’ve just finished the first episode, I think I was too young at the time so didn’t pay much attention and I don’t remember much about it.

does anyone else get weird vibes from the truck driver?

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
You should give it a go! A lot of what others have said is very valid. Certainly raises a lot of questions.

Having watched the whole thing now I would agree that the case against Murdoch is weak. Whether or not Joanne has any involvement is another question.
I agree it is very weak re Murdoch.