Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

swipeupqueen

Chatty Member
Well....I live local to Joanne Lees, and the Falconio family, and I have met her a handful of times in different situations.

She is very cold, she is a naturally cold person and she has, what I can only describe as, ’evil‘ eyes.

Do I think she did it? No.
Do I think she had something to do with it? Yes

i am looking forward to tonight’s episode, the whole thing really intrigues me.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
I don’t think Murdoch is guilty at all and believe that the police needed to arrest and convict someone for the crime and used him as he was a good scape goat because of his high profile drug trafficking, So this was a win win for them. It also made sure that the tourism wouldn’t be hit hard as they had someone behind bars for the crime that had hit the world.

I do believe the police put his dna on wee Lee’s top to frame him. And don’t believe the cctv video is off him. The only reason I believe Lee pointed Murdoch out on the suspect list was because a month earlier she saw his face in the paper after being arrested for it.

The man in the cafe and his staff were both adamant that Lee and Peter had came in for a sandwich (something that Lee denied) But why would the man and his staff lie? They have no reason too. He also spoke about a man fitting the description of what Lees had told the police the suspect had looked like including the wee dog, come in not long after them and said that Lees had got up and spoke with this man outside. Was it to pay him off? Was it to finalise plans? Was he a hit man that she had arranged? From this evidence I do believe Lees knew the attacker and this is the reason she denied going there.
Whether or not she arranged for this to happen, or that they may have been involved in some kind of drugs trafficking that went wrong ie they lost drugs, owed them money, or trying to get away from them? Whatever the reason she knew this person.
Lee and Peter were both high that evening as lee had mentioned in her statement that they had both smoked drugs so they obviously had got the drugs from somewhere so knew where to get it from.
So could this have been a hit man after them both ? Or could Lees have had this arranged so that she was free to be with brad? I’m not sure. But this could be why she is so cold and off in her interviews.
They also found a dog killed not long after down the road which fitted the description of the man in the cafe and off Lees.
But what I don’t understand is why take the body? Why not leave him and her there? As then they will have to get rid of the body if they had killed him. Also there wasn’t any footprints other than lees no dog/ no other persons nothing. I don’t believe for a second that they wouldn’t have been able to find lee as there was nowhere to hide and the land was flat. I think whoever it was that did it left her there because it was agreed that she was to be left and not killed as why not shoot her in the car? Why tie her up?
There is something about lee that is odd I think she is defo hiding something.

Reactions: 10

Regina Falangey

My thoughts are the police have stitched Murdoch up. The fact they took evidence into the interview room. Like what?!! They got a drug dealer off the streets and the glory of solving the case and lessened the impact on tourism in the area. I do wonder if the DNA was planted on Lees top? The re-enactment was interesting about where DNA would show up given the actions described by lees.
I watched a dramatisation of the case on you tube after watching the documentary. Worth a watch if you’re a bit obsessed like me! And it has the lovely Bryan Brown from the film cocktail in it! 😆 there’s a bit in there where he says about the police not wanting to show themselves up like they did with the case of the baby who was taken by a dingo. I think the police were desperate to show they’d solved it.
Joanne Lees baffles me. I don’t think she was telling the whole truth. I don’t think she murdered Peter but there’s definitely another story. Possibly relating to drugs. Or the other man! God I wish I knew!

Reactions: 9

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
Things don’t add up. One moment she had her legs bound, then she’s running through the bush. The guy she was talking to at the road house, the other fella talking to the older Aussie chap when the road was closed.
The way she was planning on meeting the man she had an affair with just days after event.

so odd

Reactions: 8

Londoncailín

VIP Member
It must be really awful for Peter Falconio’s family, when they hear of people who are convinced they have seen him after the event. I feel really sorry for them.

• Sad
Reactions: 7

Dontmissmuch

VIP Member
I’ve just watched all 4 episodes. Joanne acted very strange in the police interviews.
I've still got 2 episodes to watch but I agree in the interviews I've seen so far she comes across quite arrogant and a bit 'bored' with some of the questions.... whether it was shock I can't work out but she is very controlled and lacking real emotion.....

Curlyone

that’s a shame, may have to give it a pass then.
You should give it a go! A lot of what others have said is very valid. Certainly raises a lot of questions.

Having watched the whole thing now I would agree that the case against Murdoch is weak. Whether or not Joanne has any involvement is another question.

CherryAcid

VIP Member
I got the impression its very biased against Lees however i do feel she isnt a reliable witness at all. There is a lot about it that doesnt add up, if shes guilty then why would she do it in the middle of nowhere relying on strangers to pick her up? The outback is deadly. Then again why were there no signs of anyone but her? The area is so glat i find it difficult to understand how she couldve hid from someone.
A part of me is wondering whether they got into something dodgy and someone hit Peter and took him away and left her out there as punishment or something and warned her not to tell.

Reverend

VIP Member
Perhaps I'm naive, but I can't believe anyone would be that cruel to their family to fake their death like that.

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Well after watching all four episodes the last couple of nights, I think I'm more confused that ever.

I don't however, think Bradley Murdoch is responsible. I think he was someone who it was convenient to set up for it and the police would be only too happy to get a fairly high profile drug trafficker behind bars.

There are so many holes in Joanne's story, she was so defensive in interviews that on its own makes her seem suspicious.
I do wonder if she was involved in Peter's disappearance/death? Not that she did it herself, but arranged it with someone. Did she want to maybe leave the path clear for herself and the other guy she'd been seeing, though it does seem a very extreme way to go about it.
Realistically what would Bradley Murdoch have had to gain from killing Peter and (allegedly) disposing off his body, and how on earth would Joanne REALLY have been able to hide in the bush so that neither him (a native Aussie) or his dog were unable to find her?

Then you had the lawyer, who by his own admission had been dodgy as hell and was clearly a bit of a media whore.

The guy that was absolutely convinced he'd seen Peter afterwards and behaving somewhat oddly did seem very sure, and then there was the guy that Peter had previously worked with and who claimed that Peter had as good as told him that he was going to do that.
If Peter did do that then it must have absolutely destroyed his family. His poor Dad in particular looked like a broken man 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
I watched this , it didn’t need to be on for four nights. I wasn’t convinced Bradley Murdoch was responsible and Joanne Lees didn’t cover herself in glory either. Strange from start to finish.

CherryAcid

VIP Member
This is so interesting! I've always wondered "Why though?! What did she stand to gain??". Very interesting theory pal!
I really don’t know, I’m just thinking of scenarios. If your bf was murdered why would you be emailing your lover a few days later? I don’t think we will ever know what happened unfortunately.

Tiredbones

I watched all four episodes last night, it seemed to raise more questions than it answered.
Why didn't the trucker tell police about the red car and jelly man? Seems like a crucial part of the story he kept quiet about.
Why didn't the couple who claim to have seen Peter go straight to the police, and would they have at all if she hadn't been overheard?
I do think he might have faked his death, people disappear and cut off contact from their families all the time, just because it seems they were a close family doesn't mean he didn't have something to hide from them. By faking his death it could give them some closure rather than if he just disappeared.
There is definitely something strange about Lees but if she had a cold personality anyway who knows if she's hiding something or that's just how she is
I don't think Murdoch is guilty, if he had had a different defence who had picked up on these indiscrepancies he might not have ended up in prison

Reactions: 5

Dizzy

VIP Member
Oooh I remember when it happened so I'll definitely be watching. I watched an interview she did not long after it happened and she came across so strangely, really cold and controlled, like she was giving a performance. Perhaps it was nervousness but I finished the interviewing thinking that she'd definitely been involved.

Reactions: 4
Aye I believe there are so many unanswered questions. I remember when the case came out, what was it 20 odd years ago now and remember thinking there was something that didn’t seem right about it. I’m on episode two at the moment and can’t believe some of the evidence that wasn’t presented such as the car and jelly man. Interested to see everyone’s thoughts On it. There’s something about the wee lassy I’m not sure on her.

AutumnSpring

Does anyone think he is still alive???

I agree completely about her being very strange in interview and cold at times but I have to sympathise with her. Every case that has any form of doubt, people say “that’s not how someone who’s been through XYZ would behave” but how do we know how to behave in a situation like that.

Freedomofspeech89

VIP Member
This story is one of strangest I’ve heard of. It’s not even as though you’ve got a solid theory to point towards. Even the sighting of him was completely bizarre. One thing I’m quite certain on is I think murdoch is innocent. How he got prosecuted for it based on such little evidence is crazy.