Mumsnet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey! I posted on Mumsnet (under various usernames) for years and years (and years) . Until they got hacked, everyone had to log back in & I couldn’t remember my password or the original email address I’d set up with. So I just gave up 🤷‍♀️ And was in “forum wilderness” , where I’ve remained for about 3 years - lurking😳
I lurked on Reddit (didn’t get it) , I lurked on the other Mum sites (my kids are older now so I’m over the breastfeeding chat 😆)
Then THEN a miraculous thing happened... Brummy mummy off Insta sent me over, after her tearful Stories about mean cows on here slagging her. That’s the VERY PLACE for me I said to myself & and here I am , with a log in and everything 😄 So happy!
Any other ex-mumsnetters here? It all got a bit doom & gloom on there didn’t it 😲

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 102
Hey! I posted on Mumsnet (under various usernames) for years and years (and years) . Until they got hacked, everyone had to log back in & I couldn’t remember my password or the original email address I’d set up with. So I just gave up 🤷‍♀️ And was in “forum wilderness” , where I’ve remained for about 3 years - lurking😳
I lurked on Reddit (didn’t get it) , I lurked on the other Mum sites (my kids are older now so I’m over the breastfeeding chat 😆)
Then THEN a miraculous thing happened... Brummy mummy off Insta sent me over, after her tearful Stories about mean cows on here slagging her. That’s the VERY PLACE for me I said to myself & and here I am , with a log in and everything 😄 So happy!
Any other ex-mumsnetters here? It all got a bit doom & gloom on there didn’t it 😲
🙋‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Hi I’m a former mnetter.

I know everyone says it but it really isn’t the place it used to be.

Apart from the dullness and repetition ( I've done the babies, children, teenagers ) I got totally fucked off with the moderation and speed with which threads got zapped.

I like it here a lot , see you around 👍.

Reactions: 14
Hi I’m a former mnetter.

Apart from the dullness and repetition ( I've done the babies, children, teenagers ) I got totally fucked off with the moderation and speed with which threads got zapped.

Totally agree !

Reactions: 5
Hi I’m a former mnetter.

I didn’t like how someone started a post they didn’t get everyone agreeing with them,then it gets deleted for privacy reasons or in other words the poster had a strop

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I hate admitting it, but I'm an ex-mnetter, my kids are older now so don't go on there much anymore, even less since finding the continual deleting of threads about instagrammers so tedious.

Reactions: 6
That site makes so much money for essentially a message board, a very poorly made featureless message board that's always getting hacked. They manage to do deals with a plethora of companies like Lidl and Kraft to sell data and advertise for £100'000+ each.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Me. I was quite prolific on the Influencer threads and was really pissed off at how much they were moderated and how untouchable the influencers (who were basically just trying to sell us stuff) seemed to be.
I hated the ‘be nice at all times’ approach because it dampens any kind of criticism. And those posters who come on to say ‘how shocked’ they are about anyone who dares to air a view that isn’t 100% positive 🙄 They’d need the smelling salts if they ever came on Tattle (which is partly why I prefer this website to MN).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
It was just so full of double standards. The royal family, celebs and any other woman and her dog was fair game for criticism, but any talk of influencers was 'not in the spirit' :rolleyes:

Reactions: 18
I left mumsnet as I simply didn't fit in there anymore, I wasn't disinfecting my child enough times a day and my child eats more than carrot sticks. I also got bored of using my imagination to fill in the endless gaps where posts had been deleted. Oh and I got told to duck off for saying shabby chic was now a bit naff, and endured 3 pages of abuse because someone had a shabby chic dresser and liked it!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I left mumsnet as I simply didn't fit in there anymore, I wasn't disinfecting my child enough times a day and my child eats more than carrot sticks. I also got bored of using my imagination to fill in the endless gaps where posts had been deleted. Oh and I got told to duck off for saying shabby chic was now a bit naff, and endured 3 pages of abuse because someone had a shabby chic dresser and liked it!
I once had the same thing when I’d just started posting on MN. I said that UGG boots weren’t fashionable anymore and they looked like shoes made from oven gloves. I enjoyed the wind up, tbh. There are some touchy people on there 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Yes to the touchy and highly offended posters.

The mods aren’t much cop these days, when Olivia was on for example back in the day, it was better and less likely to press the delete button.

Reactions: 5
Yes to the touchy and highly offended posters.

The mods aren’t much cop these days, when Olivia was on for example back in the day, it was better and less likely to press the delete button.
They are very quick with deleting posts these days. And there are so many posters with zero sense of humour. I love a good pisstake, but there’s too many pompous posters on MN now.

Reactions: 7
I once had the same thing when I’d just started posting on MN. I said that UGG boots weren’t fashionable anymore and they looked like shoes made from oven gloves. I enjoyed the wind up, tbh. There are some touchy people on there 🤣
Shoes made from oven gloves 🤣🤣🤣

That’s made my morning!hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 21
They are very quick with deleting posts these days. And there are so many posters with zero sense of humour. I love a good pisstake, but there’s too many pompous posters on MN now.
I think they get a bit elitest sometimes, if you have been around so long you remember penis beaker, pombear or cutted up pear you're in. If not jog on!

I have had a few laugh out loud moments there but it's mostly people that take everything so seriously now!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think they get a bit elitest sometimes, if you have been around so long you remember penis beaker, pombear or cutted up pear you're in. If not jog on!

I have had a few laugh out loud moments there but it's mostly people that take everything so seriously now!
The threads that start with “what year did you join Mumsnet” or “ I haven’t seen ......, is she ok” always got competitive and cliquey, someone would always get a little offended .

Reactions: 8
I think they get a bit elitest sometimes, if you have been around so long you remember penis beaker, pombear or cutted up pear you're in. If not jog on
Is agree but it’s nowhere as bad as it used to be. Someone would start a thread and everyone would disagree with the OP until a poster who’d been around at MN’s inception would appear and announce their opinion as though it were the last word. Then you’d just get pages and pages of ‘waves to *old Mumsnettter*’, ‘sits on bench next to next to *old Mumsnetter’ ‘sits on bench nexts to *old Mumsnetter* and *so and so*’. Tedious beyond belief.
There was definite ‘MN royalty’ but as the site has grown bigger, they’ve mostly been forgotten.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
the stealth boasting used to make me laugh, the we haven't had our heating on since 1983 and my kids packed lunches use homemade bread made by unicorns. I remember the days of the mn royalty, the old guard when I joined, cod when cod was cod and not icod.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
the stealth boasting used to make me laugh, the we haven't had our heating on since 1983 and my kids packed lunches use homemade bread made by unicorns. I remember the days of the mn royalty, the old guard when I joined, cod when cod was cod and not icod.
The competitive lunchbox threads 🤣 All the dcs were ‘tall and thin’ and either ate like a horse or survived on plain, home made yoghurt and half a foraged berry. And the MN chicken that would feed 8 people for 5 years (don’t forget to boil the bones for stock!).

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.