Mumsnet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What about - Are you on crack? You have no idea how much those four words irritated me. Sounds like something A young teenager would come out with. Dreadful.

Reactions: 8
I mentioned the subscription service to my DH and he said 'isn't your DS on there, she has three DC and CF neighbours', so I told DH I'd phoned DS but her DH answered as she was out walking DD with DD1, DD2 and DS and DS would phone me back when she'd fed DD and put DC to bed.

I don't have a sister btw, just an example of everyday posts on mumsnet. Those acronyms drove me mad.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Oh cry me a river- £7 million and 575k profit and yet those pesky loans which have been deferred to pay back .

😭
Again I don’t understand the business model but 7million came in and they only made about half a million profit. That seems a very slim amount of profit for a website, how the hell does it cost 6 and a half million a year to run it, and if it does you need a lot of 5 quid a month to run it!

6.5 million divided by £55;(assuming everyone signs up for a year) = 118,181 subscribers...is that achievable?

Reactions: 2
I mentioned the subscription service to my DH and he said 'isn't your DS on there, she has three DC and CF neighbours', so I told DH I'd phoned DS but her DH answered as she was out walking DD with DD1, DD2 and DS and DS would phone me back when she'd fed DD and put DC to bed.

I don't have a sister btw, just an example of everyday posts on mumsnet. Those acronyms drove me mad.
I always mentally read CF as cunty fucker 😂

How did I forget "Give your head a wobble" Sounds so pathetically infantile :rolleyes:

• Haha
I always mentally read CF as cunty fucker 😂

How did I forget "Give your head a wobble" Sounds so pathetically infantile :rolleyes:
I always though DH was head

Again I don’t understand the business model but 7million came in and they only made about half a million profit. That seems a very slim amount of profit for a website, how the hell does it cost 6 and a half million a year to run it, and if it does you need a lot of 5 quid a month to run it!

6.5 million divided by £55;(assuming everyone signs up for a year) = 118,181 subscribers...is that achievable?
Apparently they are expecting around 10% uptake

• Haha
  • Wow
I posted once that my boyfriend left hairs in the sink and I was told by multiple posters he must be abusive and most definitely, does not love me and I should be packing my bags immedietely :LOL:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Oh and if you a perfectly nice husband who does all the housework, looks after the children, does the garden, shopping etc then you're a lazy, controlling witch. And please never admit to being a stay at home mum or wife because you are comparable to a prostitute. Yes it was said on there.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Don't forget the "does this pregnancy test look positive to you?" threads!

If you can't figure out a pregnancy test youre too young to be having sex.

And ' Going to Aldi/Lidl for the *first time today, what should I buy?/how do I walk round the shop?/how do I use the checkout?' :rolleyes:

*Stealth boast I normally only use Waitrose/Fortnum&Mason

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I’ve been on there for for a long time now and I must say over the last few years especially it has really gone downhill.

People are just desperate to spew their venom and it is really upsetting to see sometimes.

Reactions: 6

Like nails on a chalkboard... add "hubby" to that list too, oh and people that type in "doggo language"

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I’ve been on there for for a long time now and I must say over the last few years especially it has really gone downhill.

People are just desperate to spew their venom and it is really upsetting to see sometimes.
I totally agree. There are so many troll posts you can't read anything as genuine. I would never have posted for advice or about a difficult situation I was in because there are some who are like a pack of wolves just looking for a victim to rip to shreds. It's turned into a really bitchy and nasty site and I don't see how they can turn that around.

Reactions: 7
my two pence worth on MN, having posted a few times.

AIBU - modern day gladiatorial arena. Expect to be savaged.
Any posts about a husband or partner - you’ll get told to leave even if the poster is just having a minor rant. Lots of unhelpful and frankly dangerous advice. A few times I’ve posted and offered the original poster a different solution (talk to your partner etc) and it gets ignored in favour of the extreme responses.
Style and Beauty - lots of underhand advertising “has anyone used beauty pie” and cue loads of positive responses....so obvious it’s a planted thread.
Politically left wing - nothing wrong with that but around brexit and elections it was clearly being used by certain posters and maybe certain organisations to start loads of extreme threads about how awful the Tories / brexit was and we would all die/be poor/go to hell if we voted for that. Any counter arguments of any other political persuasion are shot down. I know posters literally followed around the site and jumped on because they once posted a pro Tory post.
Moderation - bonkers, bizarre and again dangerous. Pull certain threads because posters report them repeatedly but let other nasty threads stand, it’s like school politics and they always moderate in favour of the bully. Apparently they pull suicide threads and just point the poster to Samaritans. Around Caroline flack‘s death time, it was pointed out how bad this was (like what if the poster cant get hold of them etc, surely better to let the thread run for support) and MN ignored the feedback.
The things you cannot mention - like moderation its based spurious reasoning. Maddie McCann, Jack Monroe, Clemmie Hooper, Hinch and most influencer threads get pulled on account of being ‘nasty’ ... yet they let AIBU run! Stop being pussies and let the debate run, clearly scared of legal action or something like that.

the site is also a mess. No editing, cannot quote other posters but people can @ you which send you an email which is so annoying when some one keeps doing it. Quite frankly it’s a cheek of MN to think they can charge for that tit show!!

Reactions: 14
the site is also a mess. No editing, cannot quote other posters but people can @ you which send you an email which is so annoying when some one keeps doing it. Quite frankly it’s a cheek of MN to think they can charge for that tit show!!
Quite, it's a dreadfully old and clunky forum setup. I'm really quite shocked at the revenue they've been pulling in yet the site is technologically tit. I'm assuming they don't employ any php programmers or the like.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.