Mumsnet #5 Cancel the cheque

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Soz to ruin the fun but.. wow.. the bottomless brunch thread. What a bunch of wind up merchants. Pretending they’ve never heard of it, or declaring it’s unlimited tea and coffee 🥱 what is the need?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
DH stayed out all night and left you with the kids and is now passed out on the sofa?

Show him this thread and leave the kids with him and go out on a spa day.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The thread on the woman whose son is possibly in danger from other lads.. asking what she should do as the police arent being much help

only in MN the advice is ‘talk to the das’ or ignore it and they’ll get bored

do these people live in the real world?

you can’t reason or talk to dickheads like that

Reactions: 7
MNRandomUsername: God, where’s your backbone, OP? I would have marched up to the pair of them in no uncertain terms and given them a good peace of my mind!

Also MMRandomUsername: AIBU to call 101? Someone stared at me in a threatening manner.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Another one where the OP’s husband wants to take the family car for a stag weekend which will leave her and her child stranded. Loads of emphatics responses saying “the car stays with the child”!!

Why? Can the child drive? 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Anyone read the CF group gift thread!?
How can you have a group of friends for such a long time and let one of you treat you like such a mug..? 🤯 Tell her to get a refund, buy the cheaper one, job done.

I’m trying to decide what the CF was aiming to achieve.. loyalty points or some cash back deal or something?

Reactions: 6
How can you have a group of friends for such a long time and let one of you treat you like such a mug..? 🤯 Tell her to get a refund, buy the cheaper one, job done.

I’m trying to decide what the CF was aiming to achieve.. loyalty points or some cash back deal or something?
The cheek of trying to get money back for a bog standard discount code!!

Reactions: 6
‘My boyfriend snooped on my phone’ ……’LTB!! He has no right invading your privacy! That would be a dealbreaker for me!!’

’I think my boyfriend is cheating’………….’can you get access to his phone?’

• Haha
Reactions: 29
The ones that currently make me roll my eyes "I find myself in London, what shall I do?"... it's London, a truly amazing city, you can do anything and everything, you will never run out of things to do, even if you walk in a straight line you will find something to do, or you know Google it based on on your own likes and dislikes... why start a thread about it each time?

And those that think any woman esp at work or a secret hobby who comes within 20 feet of their "DH" will want to have an affair with them, calm down dear I don't think your husband is that hot or interesting that women won't be able to resist. The man's been eating the same chicken for 8 days, imagine what he looks like.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Someone having to check with other mumsnetters whether their husband is gross for brushing his teeth while taking a pee. Honestly how do they cope in this life? 😏

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Soz to ruin the fun but.. wow.. the bottomless brunch thread. What a bunch of wind up merchants. Pretending they’ve never heard of it, or declaring it’s unlimited tea and coffee 🥱 what is the need?
Because it makes them feel better in their sad little lives. Or they think any sort of promotion or offer is beneath them

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Their husbands can't even have a pee without them standing there and telling them how to pee.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Reading the bob thread and hoping she posts a photo of her husband's new do!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I enjoyed the one where someone was going to a funeral in an RC church. She wondered what the protocol was and what should she do. She was advised to cover her head, genuflect and cross herself, kneel when the Catholics did…I have been to funerals in RC churches…as I’m not catholic I go in, stand to sing the hymns, I don’t kneel, genuflect, take communion etc. I honestly wonder if some of them ever, ever leave their house!

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.