Mumsnet #35 we’ve lost sight of what a crucifixion looks like

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's a bit of a weird one in relationships where it would appear OP has made up a physical disability? Not sure what to make of it

Reactions: 6
Wheelchair user troll? Amputee troll?
No apparently she's saying she has ME/fibro and husband is being mean to her but then a recent post from OP says she doesn't have physical problems.

Posts like that muddle me as I can't understand why it would be made up. Thread title was something like husband doesn't understand my disability

Reactions: 5
My Nan was ace with Dementia, utterly hilarious. I think it loosened her inhibitions a little and she was funny, quick witted and a bit cheeky. She’d walk past the school kids outside the chippy some lunch times and say ‘ooh gis a chip!” They would often buy her a cone, but fortunately I was at the school, so once I’d explained why this random old lady was begging their lunch they were great with her.
fortunately, and although this sounds a horrible thing to say I know you’ll all get it, she passed away peacefully in her sleep before it really got a grip of her.
horrid disease.
One of my aunts started behaving strangely at work (early 50s) and was retired as a school teacher, due to medical reasons. Nobody realised she had dementia for about 4 years, she was just eccentric, until that eccentricity extended to writing her name on the wall with poo :(

• Sad
Reactions: 14
No apparently she's saying she has ME/fibro and husband is being mean to her but then a recent post from OP says she doesn't have physical problems.

Posts like that muddle me as I can't understand why it would be made up. Thread title was something like husband doesn't understand my disability
I recognise the username, they were moaning recently about claiming benefits and they said something along the lines of ‘I don’t suffer from any pain, I don’t have any physical disabilities I just have autism’. So like you say it does sound like it’s made up. Who knows anymore

Reactions: 7
I recognise the username, they were moaning recently about claiming benefits and they said something along the lines of ‘I don’t suffer from any pain, I don’t have any physical disabilities I just have autism’. So like you say it does sound like it’s made up. Who knows anymore
Ah OK that makes more sense if they're trying to justify PIP 👍

By whatever 😂

Reactions: 4

I read that one and thought something does not seem right with it.

What's the title of that one? Is it not the one who is always complaining about her 'abusive' husband? The one who texts him in the middle of the night demanding he gets her a glass of water...

The 'overworker' is an absolute serious twit and I hope she gets found out and sacked. From a public sector worker who regularly puts in 60 hour weeks but can't claim overtime and is still skint due to a MASSIVE mortgage (nice to see I got a mention on there today - not by name - as single childless people should never be skint obviously)

The Reddit thread has been reinstated. MNet must need the revenue clicks on a Friday night.
I love the poster who thinks we’re all jealous. Because I absolutely aspire to look like an emaciated, Victorian workhouse dweller.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
What's the title of that one? Is it not the one who is always complaining about her 'abusive' husband? The one who texts him in the middle of the night demanding he gets her a glass of water...

The 'overworker' is an absolute serious twit and I hope she gets found out and sacked. From a public sector worker who regularly puts in 60 hour weeks but can't claim overtime and is still skint due to a MASSIVE mortgage (nice to see I got a mention on there today - not by name - as single childless people should never be skint obviously)
It’s “DH won’t accept that I’m disabled now”.

Reactions: 5
I've just looked at that thread, I reckon it's bullshit - she calls herself disabled because she feels her muscles are burning, yet ( if she takes it easy) she can walk for miles. Eh? She needed to rest because her muscles were aching ( ours all do, love....) - that's fair enough- but her husband was standing over her with his arms folded telling her she folds clothes too slowly?

Nope. 😃😆😆 she isn't disabled ( if it's genuine) , she's just slightly impaired imo , as she can walk for miles . Many people with arthritis or bad hips cant walk to the corner shop..... they aren't 100% able-bodied but still might not call themselves disabled if they don't want to, or dislike the terminology...?

Reactions: 13
The Reddit thread has been reinstated. MNet must need the revenue clicks on a Friday night.
I love the poster who thinks we’re all jealous. Because I absolutely aspire to look like an emaciated, Victorian workhouse dweller.
They love to think people are jealous. There was a post a while ago by a woman who had two ‘naughty’ ‘scruffy’ kids, messy house etc and her friend has an immaculate house and two amazingly behaved children and responders were saying oh but she’s probably jealous of your life.

Another poster saying she hates hearing about her sisters life because she had quite a few children and I think they had various (I’m going to say disabilities but I’m not sure that the right word so sorry if not) disabilities like adhd and she worked two jobs and hardly ever saw her husband etc while her sister was childfree, happily married, moved to Australia for a well paid job etc and again responders saying oh well she’s probably jealous of your happy family life though.

Loads of thread similar have been posted as well.

Also the usual ‘my colleague/husbands sister/boyfriends cousin doesn’t like me’ ‘oh she’s probably just jealous’ of what? We don’t know, but definitely jealous 🙄

• Haha
There's one in AIBU titled ' is this normal? I bleeping hope not '
Basically saying that her bloke has locked her in the flat for the last 10 days where she's had nothing to eat except for some white bread.
She goes on to say that he's beaten her up, she's called the cops who told her to sleep on a park bench....after they waited 90 minutes outside her flat to be let in.
She also has a friend who works with women's aid or similar, but she's not contacted her during this ordeal because her friend is recovering from a double mastectomy, however she will phone her tomorrow.

What a load of old bollocks, even some of the posters are saying it's a load of made up shite.

• Wow
The one who says she’s been trapped inside the house for 10 days with just white bread must be making it up. Says her friend is “high up” in Women’s Aid and is going to call her tomorrow. Why didn’t she call her the 10 days are was being punched and locked in the house?
---
And in February she was a lawyer!

Attachments

Last edited:
The one who says she’s been trapped inside the house for 10 days with just white bread must be making it up. Says her friend is “high up” in Women’s Aid and is going to call her tomorrow. Why didn’t she call her the 10 days are was being punched and locked in the house?
---
And in February she was a lawyer!
That's the one I was on about in my post above yours.
She's a teller of fibs and fables.

I can't get on MN?! It's saying geographic block but I could access it earlier! Hmph. Guess I'll have to be productive. Or sleep.

Reactions: 4
I've just been on it with no problems.
What's a geographic block when it's at home?

Reactions: 3

How can I be jealous of Mumsnet? I have an account there for going on 10 years. Never name-changed, never been in bother with the moderators, just casually posting/browsing whenever I feel like it and I'm male as well. I get to post on Tattle too. No jealousy here.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.