Mumsnet #35 we’ve lost sight of what a crucifixion looks like

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A brand shiny new thread, cheers Crimson 👍

Yet another vape thread on MN that's guaranteed to descend into the usual fight.
Just think how much calmer they'd be if they smoked 20 Lambert's and cracked open the vodka.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I'm still laughing at the comment and picture from the end of the last thread " that's the worst cat I've ever seen"

• Haha
Reactions: 19
You know that moment when you spot a username posting in pretty much every topic that appears to be trying to start a fight in an empty room, and just wonder what is going on in their lives to make this worthwhile?

Reactions: 22
If I'm not drinking in the pub (very rare for me, to be honest) then I don't buy rounds, I buy my own sad little lime and soda and glare at everyone else getting pissed and having fun. The pubs round here provide free soft drinks if you're the designated driver.

I love it when Mumsnetters contribute to a thread with ridiculous comments:

Mrs Famous Person has died, I'm so sad
Who is she? Never heard of her

I can't decide between Indian or Chinese takeaway tonight
I don't buy takeaways/eat foreign food

Is this dress okay for a wedding?
I never get invited to weddings so I wouldn't know

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I might starting going on to all the threads asking for advice about their kids behaviour and say ‘I dunno, I don’t have any so I can’t help you’ and see how helpful they find it

• Haha
Reactions: 48
There are an awful lot of threads about crushes on colleagues at the moment. I can't work out if it's the work of one person or several people staring dreamily at the office hunk and imagining rampant sex across the photocopier after hours.

I walked in on my office manager and her boss shagging one Saturday when I returned to work to get my phone charger. I am still cringing at the memory. :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
You know that moment when you spot a username posting in pretty much every topic that appears to be trying to start a fight in an empty room, and just wonder what is going on in their lives to make this worthwhile?
Quite possibly an MRA... who are you talking about?

Reactions: 3
I fear my husband is a MNer. A car has parked up outside our house and he's calling the police!

Tbf it is suspicious as we are on a busy road that no one parks on as every drive has space for at least 3 cars, it's a bus route and accident hot spot as its a tight bend so you wouldn't park there unless you wanted the car to be driven into. Additionally the back window is smashed in and the wing mirror is hanging off.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I might starting going on to all the threads asking for advice about their kids behaviour and say ‘I dunno, I don’t have any so I can’t help you’ and see how helpful they find it
hahaha I would love to be bothered to do that! It's like those people that reply to Amazon questions "sorry I don't know" - it's not compulsory to reply to absolutely everything you read!

• Haha
Has anyone seen that threads called ‘my husband is a contaminent’? Poor bloke. I can imagine her following him around the house like a ghost with antibac wipes.

• Haha
  • Wow
Has anyone seen that threads called ‘my husband is a contaminent’? Poor bloke. I can imagine her following him around the house like a ghost with antibac wipes.
Toilet slippers. Wtf are toilet slippers?!!!

ETA made it to page 2 - was laughing so hard. Now we have toilet sandals as well.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
The “toddler on a plane” thread is peak MN.

OP: “my son is almost 4 and we are going on a 10-hour flight soon. Does anyone have any tips for a long flight with a toddler?”

Responses so far include:

“Why are you flying so far? Have you not heard of center parks?”

“Almost 4 is not a toddler”

“10 hours? Pffft! I flew to Australia with three under three by myself and I’m disabled.”

“Calpol and snacks”

“No snacks! What if he vomits?”

“No Calpol! What if he has a reaction and you are in the air!”

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Watching ‘The swearing on Netflix is ridiculous’ with interest, it’s sure to attract a horde of hand-wringers shortly! I can’t relate as I’m Scottish and also common, my vocabulary is sadly limited by all the bad swears I do 😔

• Haha
They're the same people who don't seem to realise that retailers' 'Can you answer this customer's question?' e-mails are neither personal nor obligatory, creating Q&As full of 'don't know sorry' and 'sorry haven't used it yet'.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

ETA made it to page 2 - was laughing so hard. Now we have toilet sandals as well.
I'd forgotten all about it, but this reminds me... years ago when I was new to MN, someone posted about how disgusting it was to walk barefoot in the bathroom and then through the rest of the house and how she insisted on everyone having bathroom flip flops. I remember thinking, "I'm not taking hygiene advice from someone who apparently shits on the bathroom floor."

But it was a one off and I assumed she was an outlier...

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Oh god, I think I might be a mnetter as I have bog slippers. In my defence we are living in a renovation nightmare in my house, we've just finished the bathroom and we are now working on the spare bedroom and landing/stairs. Unfortunately this mean replastering and dust everywhere and no carpets on the landing, so I bought a cheapo pair of slippers to keep in the lavvy so I could keep my feet clean from shower to my bedroom.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Oh god, I think I might be a mnetter as I have bog slippers. In my defence we are living in a renovation nightmare in my house, we've just finished the bathroom and we are now working on the spare bedroom and landing/stairs. Unfortunately this mean replastering and dust everywhere and no carpets on the landing, so I bought a cheapo pair of slippers to keep in the lavvy so I could keep my feet clean from shower to my bedroom.

Defence accepted!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.