Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jesus Christ. How incredibly low must your self esteem bar be, if a sixth former wearing a lanyard makes you feel inferior?
There was that MNer that posted the other week about how she hates it when people wear their work lanyard in the supermarket so lanyard-phobia must be a thing

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Theres a thread on this morning about the fact they have a rota to get up with the sprog during the night, it was DHs turn (who works full time) and he said he couldn't remember said rota so she had to get up and deal with it (shes a stay at home mum).
Anyway cue all the replies that hes 'gaslighting her' and 'is this really the kind of man you want to be with, maybe you should get your ducks in a row' and my favourite that they should have a 'kitchen table talk time this evening and a firm discussion' why do they all treat their other half like they are a child 🤣

And why do they have a rota for everything?!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
There's now a second thread on the whole middle class clothes from Toast thing.

They all start with claims they are not fashionistas and the post different pics of ugly clothes and can't work out why people buy or wear them and that they suit no one.

They literally cannot understand how idiotic their posts are.

They are posting all what they think are ugly clothes and the types of people to wear them but don't post their own clothes for comment.

It just seems no one posting can comprehend that people have different tastes.

Mumsnet is absolute pile of wank really isnt it?! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
There’s another anonymous letter one on there at the moment. Someone has received a letter this morning with the words ‘FAGGOT - Time to get back in the closet’ written on it (Sounds like someone is trying to tell you that you’re DH is gay love😉)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
This thread has given me a right giggle 🤣 !! - I haven’t used Mumsnet in 8 plus years but debating signing back up to do abit of trolling 😆😆

• Haha
Reactions: 1
The attitude to friendship always confuses me, especially on aibu!

* Any thread about having no friends is full of posters falling over themselves to talk about how they have no friends, and how they can’t be bothered with it all

* You have no right to ask or know anything about your friends and their life is theirs, don’t get too close

* A best friend is a pathetic concept

* No hen night or bridesmaids at weddings please!

* If you are in any way upset about a friends behaviour, it’s you, you are the problem, they have their own lives!

I’ve seen so many threads about friends going the same way! One poster said her close friend had a baby but had not mentioned she was pregnant and they had been speaking regularly. The pile on!! No one could grasp why this was a bit weird for the poster.

‘So what OP?’ ‘I couldn’t bring myself to care about this’ ‘it’s her business’ ‘I hope you’ve said congratulations OP’

I mean, come on! They claim none of them would find that an odd situation!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Maybe you’ve captured the problem with MN. A social forum for people who don’t like others enough to form friendships - it would explain why it’s so bloody weird and dysfunctional.

• Heart
I saw a shocker the other day. A couple clearly having a hard time. Husband suggests marriage therapy/counselling (seems a fair idea?). Oh no, not on mumsnet. "DO NOT GO! He'll manipulate the counsellor and turn them against you" "he'll gaslight the counsellor" "just LTB". Jesus. It's like they actually want to ruin relationships.

• Wow
  • Haha
I saw a shocker the other day. A couple clearly having a hard time. Husband suggests marriage therapy/counselling (seems a fair idea?). Oh no, not on mumsnet. "DO NOT GO! He'll manipulate the counsellor and turn them against you" "he'll gaslight the counsellor" "just LTB". Jesus. It's like they actually want to ruin relationships.
Clearly just a bunch of sexually frustrated men hating psychopaths!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have noticed that the way a post goes is hugely dependent on who gets to respond first. If a “reasonable/sane” poster gets there first then you’ve got half a chance of some level headed replies, but more often than not you get the far end of the spectrum responses who seem to send out a bat signal to the rest of the cray-crays who flock and completely dismember the post - often taking OP with it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
duck's sake, Mumsnet. Thought I'd have a horror-look at the dieting boards as I thought I'd remind myself of what not to do/danger talk.

1 poster: Intermittent fasting with the 'extended' version - 'I do occasionally eat a couple of grains of salt'

Another poste: [posted on a Monday] 'Today's eating window closed at about 8pm and won't open until about 10am on Friday.'

Poster 3: [posted on one day] 'Kitchen closing on 568'. [posted the following day] ' I'm fricking STARVING today. Eaten half my sandwich'
[Same poster who has now had 568 kcal and half a sandwich in 48 hours] 'I really struggle to get to sleep on fast days sometimes. Even worse on b2bs. Not sure what the solution is really' [the following day] 'a planned menu of c.680'.

What the duck do you think the solution might be if you can't sleep because you're bleeping starving? There might be a clue there. Just a little one. Think about it...

And then there was the calorie counting woman who has been having fuckall since 2 weeks after her baby was born (now 6 weeks old), walking 5k a day, complaining that she's tired, is breastfeeding and isn't really enjoying the baby and toddler because she feels like crap. The first response was to tell her she isn't moving enough and needs to do at least 15,000 steps a day. At least a couple of posters said give it up and enjoy the baby, but really?

• Wow
Reactions: 11
There’s another anonymous letter one on there at the moment. Someone has received a letter this morning with the words ‘FAGGOT - Time to get back in the closet’ written on it (Sounds like someone is trying to tell you that you’re DH is gay love😉)
Shouldn't it say time to come out of the closet? Very strange

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.