Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh gosh today’s wordle really triggered me 🤦🏼‍♀️ Took me forever as I was doing it during a 4am feed for the baby…

Reactions: 2
There's a thread about Captain Tom on there where they've all (finally) had a Road to Damascus moment and realised his daughter/ family were all in it for the money all along...well over a year behind Tattle of course!
What? The daughter who, coincidentally, runs a PR company, used her Dad's charitable work as a money spinning exercise? Surely not?

• Sad
Reactions: 16
They’re all so bleeping weird and clueless on there. There’s a thread today with the question ‘can I use the play park on a council estate even though I don’t live there’. Erm... what?! 😂 of course you can!

No idea why we needed to know it was on a council estate either, but I guess the OP had to get in a post that she’s not from a council house somehow, as is the law on Mumsnet 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 20
There's a thread about Captain Tom on there where they've all (finally) had a Road to Damascus moment and realised his daughter/ family were all in it for the money all along...well over a year behind Tattle of course!
Is that thread still there? They take down anything negative about the Ingham Moore family.

Reactions: 6
Another thing I really is when people comment on long running threads without having read them properly. For example there is currently a thread on there from a woman asking if her pregnancy test was positive (it was). She was about to go into hospital for fertility tests so it was lovely surprise, it’s genuinely a nice thread. The thread was actually started on the 1st December. Since then there have been numerous updated, pregnancy confirmed, family informed etc. Despite this every time the thread gets bumped up with updates you get posters saying ‘yes that’s positive, congratulations’, it’s happened again today after the OP has uploaded the bleeping three month scan photo of her baby! Read the thread FFS!!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I'm just scanning a thread that's getting all the justice warriors out.

A woman posts to say she forgot to pay a friend £120 for a concert ticket 8 years ago. The friend never said a word about not being paid back. Then, the OP gets married and receives a card to say "Since you never paid me back that £120, let's call it your wedding present so we're quits"

I think the normal reaction to this is whoa, that's passive aggressive. That's petty. Why seethe about it for 8 years when you could just have said "Oi! Where's my £120?" She waited for your WEDDING to make a point? I don't think she likes you...

Not Mumsnetters. Mumsnetters are like "You are disgusting. £120 is so much money. You should pay her back. You should pay her back NOW, with interest. Have you bleeping paid her back yet?"

Anyway, it could be a load of made up bollocks, but I find it fascinating how supposed adult women think it's out of the question to ask a friend to pay you back for something. It's not that hard.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I'm just scanning a thread that's getting all the justice warriors out.

A woman posts to say she forgot to pay a friend £120 for a concert ticket 8 years ago. The friend never said a word about not being paid back. Then, the OP gets married and receives a card to say "Since you never paid me back that £120, let's call it your wedding present so we're quits"

I think the normal reaction to this is whoa, that's passive aggressive. That's petty. Why seethe about it for 8 years when you could just have said "Oi! Where's my £120?" She waited for your WEDDING to make a point? I don't think she likes you...

Not Mumsnetters. Mumsnetters are like "You are disgusting. £120 is so much money. You should pay her back. You should pay her back NOW, with interest. Have you bleeping paid her back yet?"

Anyway, it could be a load of made up bollocks, but I find it fascinating how supposed adult women think it's out of the question to ask a friend to pay you back for something. It's not that hard.
I followed this one with great interest!

Reactions: 1
I've just read a S & B thread where a mother of the groom wanted to know if she was unreasonable to wear a particular dress for her son's wedding and the amount of posters who said the dress would be upstaging the bride, it looks too bridal despite the OP saying it's a gay wedding and there is no bride. It reminds me of why I rarely look at S & B threads.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I've just read a S & B thread where a mother of the groom wanted to know if she was unreasonable to wear a particular dress for her son's wedding and the amount of posters who said the dress would be upstaging the bride, it looks too bridal despite the OP saying it's a gay wedding and there is no bride. It reminds me of why I rarely look at S & B threads.
I read that too. I didn't particularly like that dress, but I do like others from that brand.

Reactions: 2
I read that too. I didn't particularly like that dress, but I do like others from that brand.
I didn't like the cream one, but I did like it in pale blue. I'll take a look at the other stuff in the brand.

Reactions: 3
There are currently three threads running in Relationships about older women dating and having sex with much younger men. Now I’m not saying it didn’t happen but…

Heres the link

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.