Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Shimmering

VIP Member
Well I’m size 0 because I literally cannot eat. I’m allergic to ALL food, not just peanuts, so please be more sensitive in future as some of us would love the chance to gain weight.
That's modern day vanity sizing though. In the seventies you'd have been a size 22.

• Haha
Reactions: 31

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
And a beret
Like this you mean?
You couldn’t get any more authentically French than this if you were snogging President Macron on top of the Eiffel Tower with a wheel of Brie under one arm and a croissant under the other.
1692559303367.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30

Iceache

I tried making my own hummus once and let me tell you it tasted like shit. Hummus is firmly in the category of ‘supermarkets do it best’, along with hot sauce, ketchup and spaghetti hoops. I think making your own condiments (garlic mayo aside) is a one way path to deciding life isn’t worth living anymore
---
ETA (on reflection) that I think it’s insensitive posting about sauces when I know someone who lost their tongue in a freak fishing accident and now can’t speak - let alone taste ANYTHING. I take back my above post and will not be discussing this anymore in solidarity with the chronically tongueless

• Haha
  • Heart

ToxicPony

Chatty Member
A medium Dominos is a good size to be full of food but not regrets.

When I was a teenager I went to the Pizza Hut buffet, loaded my plate each time with 2 slices and a couple of spoons of pasta. I went back 13 times and then had 3 ice cream factories. I count it as my greatest achievement.

• Haha
  • Heart

Millie2023

Yay for a “what have you eaten today” thread!

Toast, with fried avocado, tomato, pepper, onion and mozzarella (all good intentions)
A Terry’s chocolate orange bar (boring meeting)
A wagon wheel (they are no longer bigger than my head) (another boring meeting)
A pack of 2 biscuit things (and another)
A packet of crisps (greed)
A babybel (I only went in the fridge for some milk)
And pasta with fuckknows what sauce, with grated cheese and half a bottle of Merlot. (Sheer laziness)

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Serene Serena

VIP Member
The poster who trilled
"I LOVE how French it is! Sounds absolutely ridiculous I know, but in the same way that some things are quintessentially British, France is just so French. The Metro signs in Paris, the cafes and bistros, the immaculately turned out thin women, Chanel perfume. I just simply love it" sounds like an absolute bellend who has been to Paris once on a 6th form school trip in 1987.

• Haha

orangehead

VIP Member
We have had that one … thinking of working backwards from an inquest what would you do/say :cool:
It's just how I live my life now. My husband isn't happy because I won't wash up (could cut myself and bleed to death), I won't bath (could drown), I won't shower (could slip and hit my head and die), I won't go out (could be hit by a truck and die), I won't hoover (could be electrocuted to death plugging it in) and I won't get out of bed (could trip and hit my head and die) but like I say to him, what would he tell the coroner 🤷‍♀️

• Haha

orangehead

VIP Member
Yay for a “what have you eaten today” thread!

Toast, with fried avocado, tomato, pepper, onion and mozzarella (all good intentions)
A Terry’s chocolate orange bar (boring meeting)
A wagon wheel (they are no longer bigger than my head) (another boring meeting)
A pack of 2 biscuit things (and another)
A packet of crisps (greed)
A babybel (I only went in the fridge for some milk)
And pasta with fuckknows what sauce, with grated cheese and half a bottle of Merlot. (Sheer laziness)
I looked at a photo of a croissant, hoping the frenchness would absorb itself into me and for dinner I will eat a slice of leek that I will steam until slightly tender but not so much its lost its nutrients.

• Haha
  • Heart

Louby@21

Chatty Member
Does she realise the baby will be much higher up on the plane they will be on to get to Dubai? 🙈

• Haha
  • Heart

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
View attachment 2374687
I am off to a theme park today with my family and we shall attempt to encompass most of these, just to piss off any mumsnetters present
The missing teeth may be a step too far though….
Ugh. Fancy allowing common people to go out in public. I wonder if they were eating Greggs pasties and swigging from a can of Super Tennents.

This is my absolute favourite response

“Once at Chessington ( years ago) a young bloke was holding a lit ciggie at his side near my DS face and I had to yell at him in French to move it .
Probably my finest mothering moment !”
🙄

• Haha

LilyPond

The way Marcia and Natasha write about clothes make me stabby, pretentious bollocks.

" Would look effortless while conveying relaxed awareness of iconic fashion!"

Bugger off you absolute massive salad of a human.

• Haha
  • Sick

fiedwrdsx

VIP Member
What a bunch of pretentious tossers on that thread. You're only on bloody holiday, you know!
They sound like absolute dicks its so funny.

I love England, every morning I walk on the rain to Greggs for a fresh sausage roll and a steak bake. I love riding on the bus, the feel of the scabby seats underneath my buttocks whilst I gaze lovingly at the view, the poundlands, the costas and the charity shops. At lunch time I look forward to a meal deal in the park, whilst I listen to the local chavs (tinkly laugh) berate their feral illegitimate children. I then skip home from work to my empty house because I kicked out my DH because he picked his nose and I sent my DS to live with him as he is only 5ft 10 and has large legs. I then revel in eating a LARGE portion of chips from the chippy which normally would feed the local state school (I do donate food to them sometime because they are all poor)

Tinkly laugh

• Haha

Kikini Bamalam

VIP Member
If they're all around old average height 5'2" - 5'4", it's possible.

View attachment 2374967

OK, they'll look fucking ridiculous with the majority of things they'll pick - and you just know they are telling everybody 'Look! I'm buying child sizes!' But in the majority of cases, no real teenager is going to want to be seen in them.

View attachment 2374974
The fucking amateurs! I can only get clothes to fit me in 0-3 months, are all those Dfatties not back to their birth weights *head tilt, tinkly laugh*

I'm 5'2" tall, so in theory I probably could fit in kids clothes, unfortunately I am 6' in width so I have to wear a circus tent that has been taken up for my little legs :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

Iceache

There's a thread on AIBU asking what middle class boys wear with many posters assuring op their son is middle class but does everything he can not to look middle class 🤷‍♀️
My older boy does everything he can to look like he’ll be with you in 30 mins with a gram for your night out. It annoys the life out of me 😩😂

• Haha
  • Heart
The manky cardigan thread is cracking me up.

OP lives in a particular cardigan ('semi structured, crochet, smart and in good condition', which is why she wears it so much) and her husband asked if they could stop and he'd buy a new one on their way out to eat with his mother. She's quizzed him why it's not OK to wear it and the poor bugger has said something like 'Well, I don't think your sister would wear something like that'. His mother has even complimented it. A previous thread has stated that their combined monthly income is ten and a half thousand a month.

He's obviously furiously wanking over her sister in private, abusive, controlling, etc. Because it's a lovely, smart cardigan that she's only had for a year.

OP posts this.

1691852849931.png

• Haha
  • Sick

Amoo

VIP Member
When the notes came back later that day all typed up I was flicking through them and saw it said that a patient had been to theatre to have a Bologni plaster fitted.
A similar tale: My mum's a medical secretary (so outing) and once checked a letter prepared by a colleague who was new to the job. They'd written that a patient had undergone a 'baloney amputation'.

One of the worst mispellings I've seen on Facebook was a pregnant woman with her "Jew date".

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
Anyone reading the one about the woman who insisted on going to the Caribbean to have her baby on the beach? Now she and hubby (yes, I did that deliberately) are abandoned, devastated, starving, out of cash etc etc and can't bring the baby home. I have no ounce of sympathy for them - and for once, nor do the harpies over there, or indeed the posts on the DM story. Pair of absolute imbeciles.

• Wow
  • Haha