Mummysflippinhouse #4 Mummysflippinlostit

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seems like the plan was to sell the house when the market picked up and her mum wanted to, split the profits with the sister and her mum to sell the business/shop if she owns it and buy something smaller for her. If I read right it’s added a million or so to the value of the house with the renovations (obviously value fluctuates depending on who’s willing to pay for it). Caroline back has probably put a spanner in the timeline.
Sounds like they have alot of debt!

Reactions: 1
I reckon she will try and get planning for the “outhouse” pop her mum in there and make it an annexe then boom 💥 she’s got the house she wants.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Could she not have kept Charlie off nursery to greet his dad? I understand room in the car, but clearly Olivia was being looked after? So bizzare. It honestly looks like she was picking up a friend or stranger even. I don’t think it will take Kyle long to figure out that not all British women are like her!

Reactions: 24
She might struggle to get permission to turn the pig house into a Granny annexe if there are tree preservations, that might mean it’s a conservation area too. She’d definitely love to though.

Reactions: 1
She might struggle to get permission to turn the pig house into a Granny annexe if there are tree preservations, that might mean it’s a conservation area too. She’d definitely love to though.
It’s very telling she’s talking about doing renovation work on a property that isn’t hers. It’s clear she has absolutely no intention of moving out of Mummy’s. It’s her dream house and she’s now got her foot in the door.

Reactions: 22
It’s very telling she’s talking about doing renovation work on a property that isn’t hers. It’s clear she has absolutely no intention of moving out of Mummy’s. It’s her dream house and she’s now got her foot in the door.
Does Caroline know that the Squatters Rights has long since been abolished or was it still a thing ten years ago when she lived here? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The way he hugs and kisses her when she picks him up from the airport and she says “too much, too much” while pushing him away. Wow

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
But at 70 surely you’d think duck it. I’ll downsize to a nice flat, rather than stay in a huge 4/5 bed family home!? It would free up so much cash…
I certainly would.

Also a lot of older people want to keep their house to pass to family after death but in reality they’re better off selling the big house before they get to old and potentially poorly buy a small flat and give the money they want to to their children/grandchildren now.

Reactions: 6
Her mum might not have a private pension which might explain why she still works/runs her own business and is keeping her big house. Her house might be her pension fund once the mortgage is paid off. I cannot see her just giving her house to Caz when she has other children to consider.

Reactions: 9
I expect Caroline is plotting and planning to get the house by doing Putin-style annexation of her Mum to the garden room/annexe/garage in due course. That sister looks like she can give as good as she gets though so I suspect some fireworks that might be entertaining. Meanwhile, I hope she washes her hair soon and stops the Little House on the Prairie styling.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I certainly would.

Also a lot of older people want to keep their house to pass to family after death but in reality they’re better off selling the big house before they get to old and potentially poorly buy a small flat and give the money they want to to their children/grandchildren now.
That and the “freedom” of a house versus a condo. It’s part of the issue with the housing crisis in a lot of places. Lots of boomers/older adults holding onto single family homes longer than others would in the past and reducing inventory to younger generations. I know where my parents are they are certainly not generational homes (oldest homes built in 90s - most built in 2000s) and people will not sell and downsize. So where my parents are a single family is up at $1million on average and those people could at least downsize to a condo that’s like $500k or less and give more inventory to families.

Reactions: 2
I’m sorry but did she say In her latest reel that people in convertibles look smug driving round here when they can only them for like 2 weeks a year.

Sorry doesn’t she reckon Surrey has it’s own climate of hot & sunny allll the time?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Still don’t understand why she came over 7 weeks before Kyle. She didn’t go to any festivals without him or did I miss something. It would’ve been better for all to come over together. Less stressful for her surely with 3 young kids. School applications are done online. We did ours before we got back to the UK with no issues. Don’t get it.

Reactions: 12
I reckon she will try and get planning for the “outhouse” pop her mum in there and make it an annexe then boom 💥 she’s got the house she wants.
Think the issue with that is her sister prob has a stake in the house as she renovated it…. And I think they fell out??

Reactions: 2