Mrs Meldrum #81 Multiple businesses, multiple lies, Mrs M, Superwoman in disguise!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Depends on how you put your point forward on this group... Remember Tattle bastards are always right 😉😁

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Followed these threads on and off since DLP but never felt the need to post.
I feel compelled to ask though, how is making this rather flippant comparison to concentration camps (and therefore the atrocities associated with the Holocaust) any better than the KKK comparison? Both refer to abhorrent treatment of oppressed groups and both are flippant comparisons. This is not the first time this comparison has been used and yet nobody has picked up on it?
You know what , that has never occurred to me. I’m actually pretty shocked at myself for not picking up on it. Thank you for pointing this out I’m truly sorry to anyone who has read this and has been offended. I won’t use that comparison again xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 38
You know what , that has never occurred to me. I’m actually pretty shocked at myself for not picking up on it. Thank you for pointing this out I’m truly sorry to anyone who has read this and has been offended. I won’t use that comparison again xxx
No worries, full respect to you for that response. I realise you weren’t the only one using this comparison.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
That Avon spf foundation was so good she used it on her face on her last skiing trip. Forgive me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t that when she ended up with the rudolf hooter?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Followed these threads on and off since DLP but never felt the need to post.
I feel compelled to ask though, how is making this rather flippant comparison to concentration camps (and therefore the atrocities associated with the Holocaust) any better than the KKK comparison? Both refer to abhorrent treatment of oppressed groups and both are flippant comparisons. This is not the first time this comparison has been used and yet nobody has picked up on it?
I had never thought of that, you’ve made a good point.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Yip and damaged it so badly it doesn't take much for it to show itself again. Terrible sun damage. 😕

Reactions: 7
And that, Meldrums, is a lesson in how to apologise, learn from your mistakes and grow as a person. Instead of what Rebecca did, which involved a couple of non apologies and sulking for the best part of a year about how us Tattle bastards have ruined her “career”.
Funnily enough Rebecca, you’ll find a really decent bunch on here. Keep reading along- you might learn a lesson is humility and kindness as well as owning and growing from mistakes. 👋

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Yes agree the comparison is not appropriate at all. Thanks for pointing out for all of us. Won’t be used again I hope. Difference in the real world is we don’t huff about and blame everyone else. If it’s wrong it’s wrong and I’m sure everyone can recognise that 😀

Me too xx

I think Carrie is “close personal friends” with our old chum Sarah Raven..... same style of writing, same way of using spaces between punctuation..... 😂👍

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I think plenty of people have addressed the point now, quite gracefully too.
I’m not, but again, no matter who I am the point remains the same. It is hypocritical to claim moral superiority due to the KKK comment but not even notice or pick up a comparison to concentration camps even when it’s made numerous times.

Accusing me of being connected to the Meldrums Is a very easy way to deflect without actually addressing the point. It’s either a double standard or it isn’t.

Reactions: 15
I’m not, but again, no matter who I am the point remains the same. It is hypocritical to claim moral superiority due to the KKK comment but not even notice or pick up a comparison to concentration camps even when it’s made numerous times.

Accusing me of being connected to the Meldrums Is a very easy way to deflect without actually addressing the point. It’s either a double standard or it isn’t.
The relevant people have apologised, we will all learn from it going forward. Yet the saying “dog with a bone” springs to mind! 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Attempting to moderate, please report, keep scrolling or ignore a user - Please read our rules and why they're important
Why don’t you just come on under your real name Karen?! You absolutely suck at coming on here and trying to be covert.
Are you really that single minded that you think no-one could possibly disagree unless they are a Meldrum? Not sure how I can prove to you that I’m not but it doesn’t matter that much to me anyway. What matters is that you have no argument against the actual point I’m making.

Its all quiet bar Lee's bun baking 😴.. what are the Beckhams of Inchmarlo up to today?

What are we sensing brewing?

A) a Meldrum Meltdown
B) an ad (or gifted Wendy House)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m more thinking yet another gifted bike? A lot of biking in their beloved woods today...

Reactions: 6

Ok, you have made your point. Now scoot off. Sure one of the dogs must need walking. 😏

Are you really that single minded that you think no-one could possibly disagree unless they are a Meldrum? Not sure how I can prove to you that I’m not but it doesn’t matter that much to me anyway. What matters is that you have no argument against the actual point I’m making.
People have agreed, apologised and stated that the reference will not be used again. Give it a rest and go for a walk to chill out!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
@Carriebradshawnyc you maybe need to lay off the booze like your Daughter 🙄 because the concentration camp comment wasn’t said in a lift full of people who hysterically laughed and then streamed in YouTube for the world to see. Do wish Rebecca the happiest of birthdays 🎈

• Heart
Reactions: 14
My mam was very fond of her sayings had one for most occasions I think the one that fits this situation is two wrongs do not make a right , people often speak without thinking and rarely with intent to hurt , and more importantly when their mistake is pointed out they make a sincere apology and they will not say again that should be enough , my mam was also very fond of the saying let them without sin cast the first stone , we all have at some point spoken without thinking , I know I have and may do so again ! Time to as in the words of a chilly Disney Princess let it go with respect to all 😊 this does not however apply to those who do not apologise and instead shift blame we should own our mistakes or we will get roasted .

Perhaps somewhat in your point there is an slither of similarities, but what the biggest difference is, nobody here is deleting comments after they've made money from them, then using women of colour to try as a shield to try and hide from their actions. THAT is the biggest crime in all of the saga, not the comment itself, the cover up.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.