Mrs Meldrum #79 Let's have a re-cap, use a black pen for an instant thigh gap.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ironically Pat and Rebeggar will be in a better situation than many other dimfluencers, as they’ve already had to send him to work and not just rely on instaflogging. People like the SJ’s must be sh1tting it

Reactions: 9
They won’t be living a privileged life once we’re out of this tit storm. It is an actual real nightmare. Those who left careers to become full time floggers, those who’s partners had also ridden this wave and left their careers to be a SAHD, they’ll be looking for jobs real soon. By then, there will be no jobs as the ones who have been working for the last few years will hop into those positions. It’s looking grim.
I agree, thus situation is horrific and I think it’s going to get worse! There will be no place for influencers when people can’t afford to eat or pay their rent/mortgage!

Reactions: 10
My daughter whonis not blocked tells me she is very quiet, sulking about Ads no doubt! How can Whaler continue to work with her now that she has blatantly lied about advertisers knowing her history? They can't be making much and their reputation will be damaged by association surely

Reactions: 7
How ridiculous for her to expect these brands to put their reputation on the line to “stand up to the bullies” and by bullies, I think she means people who are not ok with racism and shonky business practices. Why is that their burden to wear?

Honestly, all of these influencers have a much bigger problem than tattle to contend with going forward. As more and more people are affected by this pandemic, they are going to be a lot less tolerant of Reb and the like, moaning about their privileged life whilst they shove gifted products down our throats.
Brands are very quick to drop actual famous people who bring unfavourable press, remember Kate Moss getting dropped after getting photographed taking something.
Reb Meldrum isn’t quite in her league so if a brand can ditch Kate then it will not cause them any sleepless nights to punt her.

Clubs, cinemas, restaurants, shops are all worried they won’t get through this,using influencers will be bottom of their lists.
I wonder how many will be still around on social media after this.

Reactions: 9
I’ve seen a few “creatives” (already duck off) asking for extra support - I’m sorry I’d rather go to a local butchers, greengrocer, clothes shop, etc than share your ad’s you get paid an obscene amount for. You’ve wittered on for years about how good it is to work from home so duck off and do it without thinking you’re owed anything.
You should be thinking about the NHS staff and other front line officers who’re out there every day helping this pandemic instead of your own lazy arse sitting on the sofa, editing a photo with a tiny disclaimer about an advert on your “New fave thing” which will never be seen again.
In summary: duck THE duck OFF “INFLUENCERS”

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
I’d rather take skincare advice from John Merrick.

Her skin is dreadful. Sun damaged,dehydrated, messed up due to too much filler, old, premature ageing.... why would anyone want her to give them advice?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
They’re not talking about the COVID because its going to directly affect them. People will not be able to frivolously throw away £80 for a crappy scamp and dude matching sweater, nor will they be able to spend on Elemis etc. I suspect it’s a “if we don’t talk about it, it won’t happen” stance.
I've seen alot of pages I follow on Instagram go very quiet over the past few days. The artists and creative ones I follow have been very active and sending out positivity.

The ones who have gone quiet who i always thought adopted a sense of morality - I've totally lost respect for.

Even Organised Motherhood. She has declared her page a C word free zone..really really disappointed in her. She could at least spread some comforting/uplifting words with her fellowship.

Reactions: 12
I've seen alot of pages I follow on Instagram go very quiet over the past few days. The artists and creative ones I follow have been very active and sending out positivity.

The ones who have gone quiet who i always thought adopted a sense of morality - I've totally lost respect for.

Even Organised Motherhood. She has declared her page a C word free zone..really really disappointed in her. She could at least spread some comforting/uplifting words with her fellowship.
See I totally agree with her for not talking about it. Social media at the minute is overwhelming for me and actually it's a nice change for people to not talk about it so I can escape the chat for a few moments. There are plenty of other people talking about it though

Reactions: 15
I think we're all going to experience and see a huge change in mindset when (please God/Allah/Universe) this is over. Nothing will ever be the same again. Some will suffer more than others but we will all suffer. Personally I feel that consumerism and materialism will become much rebuked. This will have huge ramifications for many businesses and industries. Advertising and constant shopping for unnecessary goods is going to fall off the cliff. This is just my opinion but I feel the whole "influencer" world is going to be turned on it's head. I go from panic to calm back to panic hourly. I realise how unprotected I am from a financial buffer point of view and that is something I can't allow to happen again if I can at all help it. My life is going to be simpler and less consumed with 'stuff' I hope. I hope all you lovely people are looking after yourselves and your loved ones and Happy St. Patrick's Day from Ireland ☘☘

• Heart
Reactions: 27
See I totally agree with her for not talking about it. Social media at the minute is overwhelming for me and actually it's a nice change for people to not talk about it so I can escape the chat for a few moments. There are plenty of other people talking about it though
I'm not asking for people to discuss the doom and gloom. No. But by saying my inbox is open if you need some support or a chat. Accounts like hers are very keen to discuss inequalities due to race or gender. She talks also alot about poverty. This will happen to alot of people now. Time to keep the conversation going. Not shut it down.

These accounts thrived when the times were good. Things are going to change massively, they cannot then decide - I'm pretending it's not happening. Go private if that's the case and concentrate on your family. No one would begrudge them that.

I think we're all going to experience and see a huge change in mindset when (please God/Allah/Universe) this is over. Nothing will ever be the same again. Some will suffer more than others but we will all suffer. Personally I feel that consumerism and materialism will become much rebuked. This will have huge ramifications for many businesses and industries. Advertising and constant shopping for unnecessary goods is going to fall off the cliff. This is just my opinion but I feel the whole "influencer" world is going to be turned on it's head. I go from panic to calm back to panic hourly. I realise how unprotected I am from a financial buffer point of view and that is something I can't allow to happen again if I can at all help it. My life is going to be simpler and less consumed with 'stuff' I hope. I hope all you lovely people are looking after yourselves and your loved ones and Happy St. Patrick's Day from Ireland ☘☘
I'd like to substitue "suffer" for "revalute".

Those amongst us that are environmentally wasteful, are credit card maxed up to the neck trying to live a luxurious lifestyle, - yes they will find the following years tough. Alot of us may welcome this opportunity to restructure and reevaluate our reality as it stands.

Do we really want to continue with this world that is totally unsustainable? Greed, fakery, narcissism oozing from every pore?

Women being forced to work at the expense of caring for their children? Do we want an education system that is purely an exam factory to prepare our kids for cut throat industries or zero working hours? Or do we want our children to be taught skills that can support the local community on a humane level or not purely to make as much money as they can?

These are the questions we will be asking ourselves over the next 5 years. We have an opportunity to totally deconstruct this world that currently only serves the interests of a very small elite.

Last edited:
  • Heart
The influencer game is over.
Just watching the news at the moment- we are all bleeping screwed. This is an absolute clusterfuck of the highest order and millions of people are going to be out of work and not being paid from today onwards. The government are talking about suspending council tax and utility bill payments. This is unprecedented and the biggest global disaster since ww2. Influencers chatting tit about bleeping over priced shite that no one needs or has money for is just over. Done. Finished.

amen!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
I agree with the above posts, this world is changed forever, seeing the utter selfish greed over the last few days of people stock piling has broken me,the influencer market at its core is built on greed and selfishness. I for one hope it comes tumbling down, we don’t need it, it’s vile. Are those making £1000s from posting one bloody photo out there helping now? No they’re sat in their huge houses, or in their Range rovers manifesting for covid-19 to be gone🙄, reality is our supermarket workers on minimum wage keeping going stocking the shelves, our NHS staff in the front line, all our emergency service people working 24/7, they are the people we should be looking up too, not some plastic blonde air haired who for some reason believes they ars the font of all knowledge! Maybe the sheep will wake up from their living coma and realise they need to start thinking for themselves!

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I agree with the above posts, this world is changed forever, seeing the utter selfish greed over the last few days of people stock piling has broken me,the influencer market at its core is built on greed and selfishness. I for one hope it comes tumbling down, we don’t need it, it’s vile. Are those making £1000s from posting one bloody photo out there helping now? No they’re sat in their huge houses, or in their Range rovers manifesting for covid-19 to be gone🙄, reality is our supermarket workers on minimum wage keeping going stocking the shelves, our NHS staff in the front line, all our emergency service people working 24/7, they are the people we should be looking up too, not some plastic blonde air haired who for some reason believes they ars the font of all knowledge! Maybe the sheep will wake up from their living coma and realise they need to start thinking for themselves!
This should be front page spread of every newspaper and landing page tomorrow! take a bow!

I'm glad that there's not much mention of Covid 19 on IG - I certainly need a break to think about other things and none of them are qualified so best they keep quiet on the subject

• Heart
Reactions: 7
5 months and Bertie hasn't been groomed 🤔 we have a cockapoo and you are meant to do it way before 5 months old...

• Sad
I'm getting so so tired of these influencers thinking they need to.chime in about the virus, like we all need their opinion and insight.

Stop!

No one is asking you to say anything, we dont want nor need you to say anything. Just because you get paid thousands to talk out your arseholes on a normal day, does not meant you are an expert or even understand what is going on.

bleeping tired of these idiotic stories "I felt like I need to say".
"I don't know what to say but felt like I had to come on"

Just shut up, no one cares what you think, you're not an expert, you're not a doctor, you're not even important, you just got lucky and have been milking this influencer life ever since.

Reactions: 19
I hope she lays off the affiliate links, it’s so inappropriate to be trying to make money off people whilst we are in this situation

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.