Mrs Meldrum #78 Body.Mind.Arsehole

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly don't get her at all she's had some ads that haven't been pulled most recently karcher and I assume free floor cleaner.
I suspect she still gets loads gifts from brands in her p.o. box.
Racism aside the issue with some ads is they were poorly executed and not always a organic fit. People were confused what the product was . Some thourght it was a dog biscuit
The borders biscuit one read like her linked in page it was about her not a lot about the biscuit .

Previous cereal one dident even include picture of the packaging.
Mr Kipling ad she filmed in a gifted cottage.

I still think most of her birthday stay at the fairmont was undeclared freebie and ad.

She's had so so many holidays as a child and an adult.
Some people in the UK have never been abroad.
If they had the money he has 3 weeks off they could have booked and gone somewhere.
It's hard to remember a book day they paid for.

What I truly don't get us if it's your livelihood
Why don't you take a step back
Look at negative feedback and try to improve.
She's just so inconsistent on stories and day is awful but on the grid it's great.
Realise not everyone's a dog person.
Realise another walk in the woods is just boring to watch.
Don't keep releasing renovation videos and not doing any renovations it makes you look like an idiot.

Stop bitching about your kids
Stop whining and crying when lees away.
You coped before when I 1st followed you.
Relate lots mum's can't afford childcare/ gym or constant salon/ cafe visits.

If you are going to support a charity don't half hearted attempt.
Know a lot about the charity
Donate a lot personally
Use your reach and raise a decent amount.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Llĺć

To be fair he's still her Father. There must be alot going on behind the scenes for him to comment publicly. Maybe all those around her are helpless in trying to get her to see reason and are just waiting for it to crash down.
OR her parents are as money and status obsessed and shallow as she is. She must get it from somewhere.

Reactions: 13
OR her parents are as money and status obsessed and shallow as she is. She must get it from somewhere.
They could have easily taken them away with them.
But maybe after puppy and maybe they asked for a loan for kitchen they skint.

Reactions: 3
Christ she's loving the engagement on this one isn't she? It amuses me how folk can be so delusional. It's only majority positive comments because she limits, blocks and deletes so much. The negative comments that are still up have more likes than the teenage fan club ones.

Reactions: 17
Christ she's loving the engagement on this one isn't she? It amuses me how folk can be so delusional. It's only majority positive comments because she limits, blocks and deletes so much. The negative comments that are still up have more likes than the teenage fan club ones.
But is it good engagement she's not shared same post in Facebook she tried to keep them in the dark over the whole thing.
Insta is a platform she can control she can't control fb page or you tube comments as much.

105k followers
4858 miles
404 comments some negative.. 404 is less than 1%.

Her Jan videos how stat postive and law of attraction how to get what you want from 2020 said her mental health never been better she doesnt care about others.
Any channel mums commented?

Reactions: 7
They could have easily taken them away with them.
But maybe after puppy and maybe they asked for a loan for kitchen they skint.
Her parents must want some bloody peace away from the Meldrums drama sometimes, surely? I would if she was my daughter 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
They are probably bricking it over Corona Virus as if Lee as a contractor is off work, he won't get paid.
My friend works offshore and they have been told that if anyone comes down with symptoms of Coronavirus whilst they are on the platform it will be locked down for 90 days. No one will be allowed to leave. How would she cope with that!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
My friend works offshore and they have been told that if anyone comes down with symptoms of Coronavirus whilst they are on the platform it will be locked down for 90 days. No one will be allowed to leave. How would she cope with that!
I did wonder how it might affect the oil industry as don't staff live all over as the bunker boys were Newcastle.

Reactions: 6
For me it was her cancer jumper. My best friend is still recovering from breast cancer. She had a mastectomy around the time Grabby used her 'scare' to promote Next. I saw that post and just felt sick to my stomach that anyone is that ruthless and totally lacking in normal empathy.
I’m a new viewer to the Meldrum shitshow, and have seen this mentioned a few times now. Would you mind explaining what happened with the ‘cancer’? Hope your friend is doing okay.

I remember the liftgate scene and thinking at the time that it was weird. It had nothing to do with anything. No one was saying anything important, apart from the KKK joke. It was as if it was left in intentionally ONLY because of the joke. And she reacted to it at the time so she knew what was said.

Reactions: 14
The downside of putting up posts like Rebecca's is that they direct traffic here. Of course, some of the wannabee child floggers will be horrified at some of the content as it awaits them too if they ever reach the big time.

But there are always the more inquisitive ones who delve deeper and investigate more. They lurk, take everything in, agree silently but don't sign up.

I was one of them once. Part Time Working Mummy led me here in one of the most spectacular own goals in Child Flogging history.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I’m a new viewer to the Meldrum shitshow, and have seen this mentioned a few times now. Would you mind explaining what happened with the ‘cancer’? Hope your friend is doing okay.
She was doing a long running ad campaign with Next.

In one video she accidentally on purpose showed a glimpse of a hospital letter and pamphlet about attending the Breast Clinic.

then she posted a photo to Instagram, it was an advert for clothes from Next but the caption was her talking about having had to attend the Breast Clinic to have a lump checked - everything was fine, thankfully nothing to worry about but it was the fact that she deliberately used a “cancer scare” to generate interest and engagement on that post because she knew it would look good to Next and other potential advertisers for it to have high engagement. She literally used a serious and highly emotive health issue to boost her advert.
People complained to Next and she was asked to take the post down.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
She was doing a long running ad campaign with Next.

In one video she accidentally on purpose showed a glimpse of a hospital letter and pamphlet about attending the Breast Clinic.

then she posted a photo to Instagram, it was an advert for clothes from Next but the caption was her talking about having had to attend the Breast Clinic to have a lump checked - everything was fine, thankfully nothing to worry about but it was the fact that she deliberately used a “cancer scare” to generate interest and engagement on that post because she knew it would look good to Next and other potential advertisers for it to have high engagement. She literally used a serious and highly emotive health issue to boost her advert.
People complained to Next and she was asked to take the post down.
Wasent it a giveaway post too next gift card.

Reactions: 3
Llĺć

To be fair he's still her Father. There must be alot going on behind the scenes for him to comment publicly. Maybe all those around her are helpless in trying to get her to see reason and are just waiting for it to crash down.
Agreed that he's still her father and we can only assume there is an awful lot occurring behind the scenes.

I find it interesting that the father of an adult child makes such a comment on her "work" page. If I had conducted myself as Rebecca has over the past few years at my place of work, my Dad would never comment "well done babe" on any work forum and would of course be supportive and advising to the best of his ability in the background.

I think this highlights that for Rebecca there is blurring between her private and work life, which can only be expected when her personal life is her work life. Also reinforcing the lack of maturity from Rebecca and her parents enabling this behaviour, as we have seen on numerous occasions.

There are comments on this forum over and over questioning why aren't the ones close to her providing some sort of mature, considered guidance. Perhaps the blurring between private and work life and lack of emotional maturity Rebecca has demonstrated is continuing to contribute to the demise of her brand and I agree that maybe those around her are helpless with the situation.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Do you think shes now realised she cant cope with lee being away and wants him home and her earning via ads again or just desperately wants a gifted kitchen

Reactions: 9
By talking about this she had a wonderful opportunity to be open and honest and potentially have the fresh start she is looking for. Instead she fails YET AGAIN to acknowledge RASICM!!! Fails to acknowledge to hurt caused towards people of colour by using them as a follow Friday to try and show she isn’t racist. She is only causing more anger!!! All these white woman sucking up her arse telling her she did nothing wrong does NOT help!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Not laughing at everyone getting stuck on the rigs, obvs, just at the thought of grabby trying to "solo parent" for 90 days straight when she can't manage 14! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
One mistake? A summary for curious new sheep.

Tweets/fat-shaming: this refers to tweets found on an old twitter account of Rebecca's on which she seemed to find it funny that someone said skinny jeans are for people with skinny genes. Also found a racist joke about ghandi.

DLP: refers to Rebecca's trip to disneyland Paris which occurred just after she moved into her new house. Rebecca claimed they were going on the trip for S birthday, failing to mention it was gifted. She continued to lie when called out, stating only the VIP passes were gifted. When the matter wasn't drop she admitted the whole thing was gifted, failed to apologise for lying and misleading her followers, stating she'd made a boob.

Murder mansion: sadly, the house in which they live in has a gruesome past. If you Google 'inchmarlo murder' you will get the details.

NEXT/cancer scare: Rebecca had an app at the breast clinic to get a lump checked out. Naturally, her followers were concerned. Thankfully, everything was fine but she used the opportunity of increased engagement an intertwined the positive result with an ad for NEXT. Shameless.

Liftgate: for this one, you can Google 'Rebecca Meldrum racist' but for most, the way in which it was dealt with is really the straw that broke the camels back. When called out on the racist activity in her vlog, Rebecca initially replied to comments saying it was distasteful. Not racist and inappropriate but distasteful. She then kept the clip in but covered it with music. Understandly, people started to question her for racism. She posted about how much she loved a top stating 'no fucks given' and then proceeded to do a 'follow Friday' for a POC Candice Brathwaite, calling her dreamy. Candice responded saying she doesn't know her, thus confirming Rebecca had used her as a shield to try and claim her lack of racism. R went on a monthlong hiatus however returned with a half arsed apology for her friends comment in the lift.

Foodbank: a paid partnership in which she attended the foodbank for a video in which she brought no donation and was surprised that people who use the foodbank are like normal people.

Mental health: another fantastic way for engagement on an ad for Rebecca! Suddenly has anxiety, but that can be cured with a #gifted Boden jumper, can't it? ad. You cannot use sensitive issues for your own financial gain and expected people to sit back and throw money at you.

Grabby: in the prime of her career, it was quite clear Rebecca would take payment to sell anything and everything. I don't know how many types of breakfast are her families go-to. Now she's not getting the ads, she is sneaky with the affiliate links. A lower case 'ad' hidden somewhere on the screen should cut it, huh reb? And no way will she tell you the shop, you have to use her link so she can profit. This includes for items she hasn't even bought herself.

Anyway, my stops coming up, getting off the train. Hope this helps.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.