Mrs Meldrum #76 Be kind says Reb, be Kinder says Lee!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been thinking about all this be kind, don’t say anything that could hurt someone.
I have a very private Facebook and I’m careful about what I post.

I have friends who struggled to conceive so even though I found my second pregnancy really hard I didn’t moan once on social media. The odd generic funny meme and if anyone asked the standard ‘oh much harder this time but will all be worth it’ reply.

I have friends who have tragically lost their children. I NEVER say I wish mine didn’t have to grow up because I know that some people’s only wish would be to see their child grow up.

I have friends who are struggling in their marriages so I don’t post a gushy status about how much I miss my husband when he works 60 hours and we basically don’t see him all week.

I get that it’s all relative. We can’t not offend everyone and for someone who has no real worries in life it might be harder to see it like this.
But I’ve felt the irrational anger when you’re fighting for your life and someone is moaning because they can’t get rid of a cold or because their child had a tantrum about what cup they wanted.

If your job is to ‘create content’ then you have to be mindful that literally ANYONE could see that. And that opens a can of worms.
If you can’t be open to other opinions or be polite in response to criticism it’s never going to go well.

We really need to change the views about social media and teach respect, resilience and open mindedness.
Bullying is vile and should never be tolerated but neither should people mute others valid opinions just because it’s not the same as their own. Rant over🙊

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Just found this... She wrote in Aug 2015... This is the reason she is so pissed off with her failing hoppy!!!😄I her dream was to be as rich as zoella!! 😂
What happened to her PCOS and IBS she was going on about in a blog post lower down the page?
Replaced by migraines and seizures.....
The way her blog was written was so harsh and abrupt. The real Grabecca that’s starting to come across on her Instagram lately.

Reactions: 12
lol thank you. I think her videos are crappy because she puts no effort in to them. I can’t understand how she has so many subscribers did she used to be better? I feel like I’m missing something. she doesn’t seem enthusiastic about her channel and it shows. Emily Norris for example can get a bit carried away - I mean who grins so much when cleaning the toilet it’s not fun, but at least she’s trying to engage with her viewers and make an effort. Rebecca just seems like she doesn’t want to do it. Maybe she’s trying to be more relatable by being miserable lol I don’t know. She must still be doing a lot when the husband is away though - and it would be normal for the husband to take over and give her a bit of a break when he comes home if he’s not working in that time no? i just can’t see with 3 kids alone how she can be lazy - maybe she’s just not showing the madness and constant tidying up after everyone, the piles of school admin, help with homework, cooking, getting everyone to after school clubs, even bath time takes forever with 3 young children - well it does in my house 🙈😂 Maybe I’m not running my house properly because I certainly don’t get time to sit on the sofa all day - would bloody love to lol. I have 2 and school and 2 under 2 at home - it’s completely mental all the time
Exactly, you've got 2 little ones at home, 2 of hers are at school 5 days a week, and the "feral one" that she's "fallen out of love with playing with" gets shipped to nursery for 2 full days. She uses those 2 days to drink tea, go for coffee with her mum and snuggle the dog. The house looks a tip the whole time he's away, u can see on Insta and in videos it's like she can barely be arsed to parent.

Reactions: 10
Ok I find Rebecca the most boring of the mummy vloggers that I’ve come across yet. This whole YouTuber mum thing is fairly new to me so I’ve only been watching them for a few months. However in her defence looking after 3 children on your own is pretty full on, or does she have help?
I have 4 children & a husband that works away Monday - Friday. I am a stay at home mum and the first time I get to sit down most days Is 10pm. Why does everyone call her lazy? (Genuine question).
2 kids in school, toddler in nursery 2 full days.
Her mum helps with after school clubs, dog walking & brings them home cooked meals. Lees mum has came to bath the kids while Rebecca has a cup of tea. She has babysitters to allow her to go to the gym & nail salon every week.

I think working mums find it very difficult to listen to someone with no job to work round, 2 child free days a week and a partner home 24/7 more than he’s at work tell them to just ‘schedule in the gym’ Or how she’s so exhausted sitting watching TV with a cuppa at 2pm.
please don’t get the impression we thing stay at home mums are lazy, the general consensus is not at all 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Ok I find Rebecca the most boring of the mummy vloggers that I’ve come across yet. This whole YouTuber mum thing is fairly new to me so I’ve only been watching them for a few months. However in her defence looking after 3 children on your own is pretty full on, or does she have help?
I have 4 children & a husband that works away Monday - Friday. I am a stay at home mum and the first time I get to sit down most days Is 10pm. Why does everyone call her lazy? (Genuine question).
She has 4 days in a 5 week period that she has the 3 girls all day herself. 6 days in a 5 week period that she has a 21/2 year old to entertain when the oldest 2 are at school. She has no idea how lucky she is with Pats 2on3off rota!!

She flits between one obsession to the next( rami/gym then the dog) once she gets what she’s wants she is never happy ie the house.

She’s always moaning about something- the constant moaning and grumping pre-dates tattle/trolls & hobbits!!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
LOL Rebecca the business woman successful senior manager in real corporate world is giving career advice - conference calls are biggest waste of time and CUT THE CRAP. Tmw when my CEO wants a call I literally will say just cut the crap!!! This is the most hilarious thing of the century.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She should go into acting. That last video was a load of shite put on by someone who does not live what she preaches and yet manages to keep a straight face while spouting utter horse poo out her mouth.

Reactions: 17
If your job is to ‘create content’ then you have to be mindful that literally ANYONE could see that. And that opens a can of worms.
If you can’t be open to other opinions or be polite in response to criticism it’s never going to go well.

We really need to change the views about social media and teach respect, resilience and open mindedness.
Bullying is vile and should never be tolerated but neither should people mute others valid opinions just because it’s not the same as their own. Rant over🙊
I wish I could insert a HELL YES! gif right here.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
LOL Rebecca the business woman successful senior manager in real corporate world is giving career advice - conference calls are biggest waste of time and CUT THE CRAP. Tmw when my CEO wants a call I literally will say just cut the crap!!! This is the most hilarious thing of the century.
this really made me laugh. It just shows her complete lack of real world work experience that she made such an inaccurate and sweeping generalisation.
conference calls are important and essential to the running of my place of work. just as real life meetings are.
But I guess if you are Rebecca Meldrum it all probably goes way over her head. Not exactly the sharpest tool in the box is she?!

Reactions: 18
You know at points i actually feel quite sorry for her. She is only 30 and seems to have no direction or motivation in her life. For someone to be exhausted at 2pm every afternoon isnt right, she needs to do something, get some kind of structure and actually getting a part time job (if she has fallen out of love worh YouTube) or volunteering at the school or something would actually do her the world of good. I know i couldnt stay in the house 7 days a week, the grind of that gets me down. It makes me a better mum and wife to go out to work and be me.

However....she then says something or does something daft and my sympathy disappears 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
this really made me laugh. It just shows her complete lack of real world work experience that she made such an inaccurate and sweeping generalisation.
conference calls are important and essential to the running of my place of work. just as real life meetings are.
But I guess if you are Rebecca Meldrum it all probably goes way over her head. Not exactly the sharpest tool in the box is she?!
Sorry dident watch but caved to see what you mean it's odd one to throw in.
If you follow her on Insta or you tube it's clear it's massive contradiction and lots of things she says is common sense .
She's winging it with you tube no pre filmed videos. No content and filming schedule. Hardly replied to arse licking deranged comments.

Confused if you a sahm doing simplify life
Why mention conference calls?
She used to go on about conference calls to her management/ therapist and you tube partner person when she was in girl boss mode.
The concept of them is to communicate quickly/ cheaply especially of company or clients are further away
It's real life formal communication not a sad married couple making comments on each other's Instagram and the dog.
As much as everyone liked to do everything online I still find phone calls I have to make because school meal overcharged us yesterday or start of month overcharge on sky.
That's what adulting is like especially when you in control finances and bills.
I wonder what her management think as assume they based in London .

Wonder if those packages stained clothes every made it to the post office as she might say packaging stuff and going post office is waste of her time too.
Lee goes food shopping frequently so I assume she doesn't order much asda as lees mum brought ingredients to cook other day and if she stock takes /meal plans how she end up with 55packs of fish fingers and Yorkshire puddings.
She can't be arsed with organised mum and her kitchen always looks a mess especially breakfast bar bit.
They have a play room so no excuse have toys all over house.
We can't all be show room ready.
I don't have a show house but it's better than here most days.
Lol at researching dog sitters in case we go abroad this year.
How's the kitchen saving going?

Networking with colleagues and management who deal with multiple brand work must be integral part of being successful influencer.
It's basically advertising and marketing dressed up as they are our freinds.
I think her lack of success is because she doesn't mingle with any other vloggers.
She never leaves Scotland.
Wonder if her 7000 emails and so so many dms exhaust her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
So Donald Russell is using IG to advertise in the run up to Easter I see. Very much doubt Grabby will have been asked. Also, note that this influencers actually showed the meal she made with the meat she was gifted. Reb’s ad was so less impressive. (I’m not Harriet btw lol)
3B92A5D6-85DC-44DF-8397-851AA104F864.png

lol thank you. I think her videos are crappy because she puts no effort in to them. I can’t understand how she has so many subscribers did she used to be better? I feel like I’m missing something. she doesn’t seem enthusiastic about her channel and it shows. Emily Norris for example can get a bit carried away - I mean who grins so much when cleaning the toilet it’s not fun, but at least she’s trying to engage with her viewers and make an effort. Rebecca just seems like she doesn’t want to do it. Maybe she’s trying to be more relatable by being miserable lol I don’t know. She must still be doing a lot when the husband is away though - and it would be normal for the husband to take over and give her a bit of a break when he comes home if he’s not working in that time no? i just can’t see with 3 kids alone how she can be lazy - maybe she’s just not showing the madness and constant tidying up after everyone, the piles of school admin, help with homework, cooking, getting everyone to after school clubs, even bath time takes forever with 3 young children - well it does in my house 🙈😂 Maybe I’m not running my house properly because I certainly don’t get time to sit on the sofa all day - would bloody love to lol. I have 2 and school and 2 under 2 at home - it’s completely mental all the time
Welcome. She palms the kids off a lot. Has grandparents to babysit and help out as much as she desires. Her husband also works away for 2 weeks then is home for 3. That’s pretty cushy in the grand scheme of things. Mine works 7 days a week very often so I’d swap for that in a heartbeat. When Lee is home he does everything-childcare, cooking, shopping, cleaning, trips and clubs with the kids. She then goes out on her own and practices self care! She has a very nice easy life compared to all the other mums I know!

‘Did she used to be better?’ made me lol 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Umm , I have a pretty decent job (not saving lives or anything but you know it pays the bills and for all my ADVENTURES and taxes for all the public services I use ..cough cough) ..which I couldn’t do without conference calls or video calls. Rebecca, catch yourself on!! Your whole “business” runs off that sort of tech existing and people engaging with each other , which is what those calls are for ! Just because some
author put it in some
Self care book doesn’t make it gospel. try running a business or team all over the country without them. Hi team, let’s cut the crap and not speak to each other ever ok?! Jesus Christ .

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Why are people asking for her evening and morning routine she has more of them than anything else ( except walks in the woods ) probably even the festive one that wasnt festive at all bar from the pjs 20200226_095649.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ve decided I’m going to make my Grandmother you tube channel and IG account. Apparently people want to watch someone chatting about how and when to do washing’s and get kids out the door for school and feed them. She done that with 4 kids and a job in the 60s and 70s and is doing all over again with grandchildren and great grandchildren now. all without making videos about it or having to be sponsored by dog biscuits.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I have never understood the morning routine/evening routine or any routine video really 🤷🏻‍♀️
I don’t need someone to show me how to get my children up and ready and off to school or how to get them ready for bed.
It is pretty simple stuff!
And baby routines, just feed, change and cuddle then start again.

And I have no interest in seeing how anyone else does it, it’s boring enough when I do it.

There isn’t much Reb could teach me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I have never understood the morning routine/evening routine or any routine video really 🤷🏻‍♀️
I don’t need someone to show me how to get my children up and ready and off to school or how to get them ready for bed.
It is pretty simple stuff!
And baby routines, just feed, change and cuddle then start again.

And I have no interest in seeing how anyone else does it, it’s boring enough when I do it.

There isn’t much Reb could teach me.
Bit like the nuggets of wisdom in the “simplify your life” video

-put a clothes wash on in the morning
- pack the kids school bags the night before
- check your freezer before you do a food shop

I mean, with these stellar ideas that are unique and that none of us have ever thought of before, it’s a wonder she isn’t up for a Nobel prize.... 😳🙄😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Bit like the nuggets of wisdom in the “simplify your life” video

-put a clothes wash on in the morning
- pack the kids school bags the night before
- check your freezer before you do a food shop

I mean, with these stellar ideas that are unique and that none of us have ever thought of before, it’s a wonder she isn’t up for a Nobel prize.... 😳🙄😂
Like when a male work colleague said that I was into the new fad of ‘meal prepping’ because I do a big cook up on Sundays.
No I replied. ‘I’m just a time poor, full rime single mother.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Matthew Norris clearly throwing shade at Lee Meldrum this morning 😆😆

Emily's a fake and as dodgy with Beggy for ads but at least her husband has kept his integrity by building his business and not riding his wives coat tails and then becoming a beggar himself!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Matthew Norris clearly throwing shade at Lee Meldrum this morning 😆😆

Emily's a fake and as dodgy with Beggy for ads but at least her husband has kept his integrity by building his business and not riding his wives coat tails and then becoming a beggar himself!
This is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.