Mrs Meldrum #65 Rebecca did not write that message, she was in Pizza Express in Woking that day

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A handful of times, to express my disappointment at their choice of influencer, but I've only ever used facts which are available with a quick google search anyway! I don't know which brand it is, but I think it's likely she's asked/is asking brands who has complained, if it's different brands who have passed on information?

New to Tattle! Hi :)
All I can suggest is you complain and maybe list the brands you complained to.
As the peak must be one of them and ico can investigate and contact each one as well as Mrs meldrum herself.
So far people seem to think it's bunker box maybe bloom boutique.
If you have contacted neither if them then maybe it's different brand.

Reactions: 7
A handful of times, to express my disappointment at their choice of influencer, but I've only ever used facts which are available with a quick google search anyway! I don't know which brand it is, but I think it's likely she's asked/is asking brands who has complained, if it's different brands who have passed on information?

New to Tattle! Hi :)
If you have only complained to a handful of brands, is one of the brands Bunker Box/Bloom Boutique? I can’t see many brands passing on personal information of people who have complained, especially larger businesses.

Reactions: 11
Legitimate, decent brands would never ever pass on personal information from a complaint received from a member of the public for the sole reason that it is ILLEGAL. They are not allowed to to it!!!

please put a complaint into the ICO. This is beyond a joke.

I wonder for how long Whalar are going to put up with one of their clients behaving like this....?

Reactions: 21
Hi, I'm new here, though I have been reading for a couple of days. I received the same generic message from Mrs Meldrum too. I was just going to overlook it, but after reading through I'm not sure I will - I didn't even realise it would be classed as a data protection breach!
You need to report it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I hope anyone that has been contacted takes it further. Imagine if you complained to a supermarket chain about the conduct of one of their employees and they passed your details onto that employee who then contacted you directly and threatened you. Would you think twice about reporting the supermarket? Rebecca Meldrum is a business, despite how many times she tells us otherwise. She may think she is above a lot of things, but the law is not one of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
What an absolute liability Rebecca & Lee are.
how on earth could they honestly think that this was a good idea? Obtaining people’s details illegally- then tracking people down on Facebook and sending them that message. Seriously- how bleeping thick are they?! It’s completely ridiculous. What a bleeping mess they continue to make.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I believe they have got so caught up in blaming anyone they can they they lost sight of the fact that DLP. Lift gate and Candice all started with a video edited and uploaded by Mrs Meldrum Ltd. The responses after complaints were made were questionable. I believe by sending messages they thought they were outing trolls who were too scared to say what they thought directly. Despite reading on here they still didn’t and still don’t understand that the block and delete mentality along with fingers up photos have actually sent people here, who on almost all cases just liked an opinion she didn’t like. However, this site is not Illegal and contacting brands to highlight aforementioned issues is not illegal either. Had either she or her agency made brands aware of her errors of judgement the brands would clearly have made the same choice. After all some are still using her and now some use Lee Getting other small businesses involved whose owners probably don’t have the income of Mrs Meldrum Ltd is not a great move either (even if friends with the owners). Damage limitation should have taken place after DLP and more than a picture post on Instagram after liftgate. I am in total agreement that influencers who follow the rules and accept that there is a difference between opinion and trolling do not deserve to have brands contacted just because they are not someone’s cup of tea. This is the bit she doesn’t appear to understand. To stop people contacted need to take action, don’t stand at the gate if something has happened that you believe is illegal report it. You are doing nothing wrong reporting it. Don’t forget everyone on here has been reported to the police before, hands up who has actually had a bobby knocking on their door?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
So can those that have also been messaged by her provide the evidence? You'd need that for a complaint anyway? 🤔🙄

Reactions: 12
I stepped away for a week and have just now finally caught up. Actually unbelievable what I've read. Honestly, does she have any brains about her???

Reactions: 10
Hi, I'm new here, though I have been reading for a couple of days. I received the same generic message from Mrs Meldrum too. I was just going to overlook it, but after reading through I'm not sure I will - I didn't even realise it would be classed as a data protection breach!

There is an interesting article on Which - hopefully linked which details steps.

Although it highlights mostly large data breaches it also states

"But it is also a personal data breach when companies send your personal data to someone else without your consent"

As Mrs M has mentioned malicious content - directing someone to articles by the National Press in the Public Domiain etc is NOT malicious content, and has also mentioned police & lawyers as well as the fact that information has been received by her that you have been in touch in company you can claim that her contacting you has caused distress.

Which state it is important to note that you can now make a claim for compensation relating to distress alone - you do not need to have suffered any financial loss.

People have to report this, perhaps you think 'Oh I won't bother' ....that is exactly what the directors of Mrs Meldrum are hoping.
Mrs M cannot claim ignorance as a defence.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Wonder if the papers would be interested in another cock up by the Meldrums?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
All I can suggest is you complain and maybe list the brands you complained to.
As the peak must be one of them and ico can investigate and contact each one as well as Mrs meldrum herself.
So far people seem to think it's bunker box maybe bloom boutique.
If you have contacted neither if them then maybe it's different brand.
Bloom Boutique was one, I don't think I contacted Bunker Box, unless they've deleted my message!

So can those that have also been messaged by her provide the evidence? You'd need that for a complaint anyway? 🤔🙄
Yes I still have the message! Who would I make a complaint to, for both the brand(s) and Mrs Meldrum?

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Bloom Boutique was one, I don't think I contacted Bunker Box, unless they've deleted my message!

Yes I still have the message! Who would I make a complaint to, for both the brand(s) and Mrs Meldrum?

They Devon based small business.
I would report to ico let them deal with it.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.