Mrs Meldrum #59 Meld, Meld, Meld...can you link those leggings hun’

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven't posted for a while but I'm furious that Aberdeen Performing Arts have gifted her tickets to a show, yet again!!

I have never sent an email like this before in my life, but as a regular (soon to be former!) purchaser of tickets to shows at HMT, I am so (so so) disappointed in them for not doing their research and using a racist to promote their shows. Theatre tickets are so expensive, a lot of families here in the NE would struggle to go once a year, so the fact that they are giving free tickets to Rebecca Scumdrum on a regular basis is absolutely disgusting.

The email contact for APA for anyone else wanting to express their dissatisfaction with the theatre condoning a casual racist is [email protected]

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I emailed apa, the 1st time I’ve ever contacted a company but the press tickets infuriate me Asking why they gift a racist who as an influencer can afford her own tickets if a shows of actual interest to her. They replied within 10 minutes
But why work with her??? The racist joke and how she self with it is appalling.

Reactions: 5
I hardly think she is a wholesome family influencer. Sticking up fingers, no fucks given, rolling her eyes and putting down her kids. Yet she is plugging a family show.

Poor show from APA once again.

Reactions: 14
I hate the way she dresses the kids, it’s like they are not allowed to wear leggings, jeans, trainers. It has to be tutu, skirts, dresses and Mary Jane shoes.
I reckon she leaves safiyia to dress herself now which is why it all clashes!!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I hate the way she dresses the kids, it’s like they are not allowed to wear leggings, jeans, trainers. It has to be tutu, skirts, dresses and Mary Jane shoes.
I reckon she leaves safiyia to dress herself now which is why it all clashes!!

I get the impression she’s pretty much always let them wear anything the pull out of the wardrobe/dressing up box.
Have you seen some of the stuff Florrie has worn in the past?! 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 8
That email makes no sense as I follow a lot of other local vloggers/bloggers across many genres (food/parenting/fashion/lifestyle) and see no one else gifted as many tickets as she is.

Also if she is gifted them with the stipulation of promoting the show thats advertising surely?

Reactions: 16
Personally whenever I see Mrs M has been gifted tickets for the Aberdeen theatre I always assume that the the show is doing badly and that there must be plenty of unsold seats. It doesn't make me want to book it makes me want to avoid.
If there are lots of empty seats that makes it even worse that she wouldn’t put her hand in her pocket to pay for an extra ticket in addition to the gifted ones so that Poppy could go too

• Sick
Reactions: 7
I agree with lots of what you're saying. But follower numbers are the least useful metric in 2019. I've got a personal IG account thats got over 20k, just because it's been live for many years but I only get a couple of hundred views a video or likes a post. Alternatively you can buy 10k followers in two minutes.

I've been involved with tattle since the start and there's been countless tiny accounts that read here, spam here all looking to build their following. That's why many now see them as spam and not relevant.

I don't follow the accounts that are posting content at Mrs meldrum, but I had a quick look and very very low engagement. Not convinced they're actually reaching anyone new; rather just preaching to the converted that they've scooped up from tattle. Tattle does have over 300k people reading it every month. I agree it does good anybody talking about it, but really needs to be accounts with a good active engaged following to make much of a difference.

That's why we've had to delete mentions to small accounts with a very low active following. It was all just getting a bit spammy across the whole site and no one really knows what their true motives are. It's a problem we've had ever since the start of tattle and are just trying to mod it so it works for everyone.

Anyway sorry for the ot back, to Mrs m and her latest cockup :m
Thank you for explaining this 😘 I was really confused at posts being deleted but fully understand now!!

Reactions: 7
She won’t want to dress the girls modern as she’s such a snob she perceives most modern kids clothes as “chavvy”. So instead those 3 poor girls wander around looking like The Railway Children.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
This women is so bloody Vain... she absolutely loves her self. Wonder how many takes this took? My kids would be mortified if I constantly asked them to take my pic.
Out of curiosity what is her husband IG account, I’m new to
Her world ! But Wow Just Wow!!!!!
she reminds me of Mod a lot!!!!!!!

Reactions: 3
Some monstrosity that Rebecca will claim that Safiyah really likes and chose all by herself.

I feel so sorry for that kid. Imagine your mum dressing you like a baby, and then plastering photos of you online? Why can’t they just treat her like an 8 year old instead of trying to pretend she’s still a toddler. A tutu? The Gruffalo? 🙈
I haven't posted for a while but I'm furious that Aberdeen Performing Arts have gifted her tickets to a show, yet again!!

I have never sent an email like this before in my life, but as a regular (soon to be former!) purchaser of tickets to shows at HMT, I am so (so so) disappointed in them for not doing their research and using a racist to promote their shows. Theatre tickets are so expensive, a lot of families here in the NE would struggle to go once a year, so the fact that they are giving free tickets to Rebecca Scumdrum on a regular basis is absolutely disgusting.

The email contact for APA for anyone else wanting to express their dissatisfaction with the theatre condoning a casual racist is [email protected]
I've been out the loop for some time.. how is she now a racist? I'll get my snacks ready so I can read the reply 😊

Personally whenever I see Mrs M has been gifted tickets for the Aberdeen theatre I always assume that the the show is doing badly and that there must be plenty of unsold seats. It doesn't make me want to book it makes me want to avoid.
Me too. She always seems to go to the ones which aren’t sell outs. She puts me off buying anything she plugs!

Reactions: 8
It’s so so sad how Reb posted about enjoying the best girly day ever with her girls without being 1% sad that P was missing out. She said she was sad but surely it was planned the way the way she said she was looking forward to the break! Imagine the other kids talking about it in front of P! How is that ok!?!?

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I was going to post similar. She is definitely one of those who believes dressing their children like the ghosts of children from WW2 is preferable to actually dressing them smartly. It’s quite common amongst the snobbier try hards.

Don’t get me wrong - I there are ways of dressing children that I consider chavvy. However nicely brushed hair and clean,thought out clothes is always preferable to the “middle class” ragamuffin look.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Do you remember the absolute fuss she made of getting S some jeans?
What a performance that was!

And what happened to them? Not a sign of them since.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Do you remember the absolute fuss she made of getting S some jeans?
What a performance that was!

And what happened to them? Not a sign of them since.
Bought them, showed them on camera, most definitely took them straight back!

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.