Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

EdgyLegend

VIP Member
Do you know what makes me laugh? In the midst of this pity party not once has Meldrum made any reference to Messiah Kaeto and his "campaign" against her. Its been a pretty intense and sustained action, highlighting her wrongdoings, tagging brands and Channel Mum etc, everything thats been done on here but done publically. Everything Meldrum claims are the actions of a troll. So why not send your minions (oops I mean followers) over there to have a word with him? Is it because he isn't a bully nor a troll and you don't want to direct minions in his direction incase they have their eyes opened by someone calmly and respectfully discussing a businesses failings? Or that you Rebecca are in fact the bully, targeting and picking on someone you see as more vulnerable/private than Messiah?
Tattlers have apologised? If thats true it shows that even trolls have a better moral compass than you, they can admit when they've been wrong and taken responsibility for their actions, which you have been unable to do. Trolls and twats are better people than you.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

inspirespirit

I believe most of us on here are here for the right reasons. We are previous followers who loved her channel and genuinely just want her to be honest and open about what are ads and freebies and also I personally would like her to only promote and sell items that she would GENUINELY buy herself and not just because she has been given them. She has admitted herself she is tight and doesn't like spending yet she quite happily accepts gifts that are way beyond most of her follower's purse and then tells them how wonderful said item is which actively encourages followers to buy these items. I bet there are people out there buying stuff on credit cards because The Meldrums have said how wonderful they are. Who realistically spends 150 quid on a jumper but doesn't want to fork out for a new school bag for their children. (She didn't pay it and wouldn't... it was gifted) The majic jumper that cured her anxiety. How many people with anxiety thought about buying that jumper I wonder purely because of what she said. Many other influencers turn down jobs/gifts that they wouldn't pay for themselves. That makes them relateable.

100% people knew she hadn't paid for that Disney trip. Lying and telling her followers they paid for it for Safiyahs birthday and having to eventually own up and say it was gifted did her channel a lot of harm.

The KKK incident in itself would have gone away if she had deleted the video and apologised. She didn't. She put up her 'No Fucks Given' post, used Candice as her 'friend' to make people think she wasn't racist and left that video up from the Tuesday until the Sunday afternoon.

She needs to realise, as do her followers, that she is Mrs Meldrum Limited. A Company. A business. There to make money. She is not your best friend people. She is there to sell to you. That makes her accountable as a business and as such she has to follow guidelines. If she wants a 'friend' channel, then close down Mrs Meldrum Limited and stop peddling. Even those Organix biscuits, 8 biscuits for 2 quid, she would never in a million years pay that. Those who follow her have seen her food hauls. We know she is extremely frugal. Yet she is happy to peddle them to her followers who really think she is being so sweet and nice to tell them about it, not realising she will have been paid a LOT of money to do so.

However, having said all of that, I do think there are a couple of people here who, for whatever reason, DO want to see her business fail. I would imagine they are people that she personally knows and has upset. Most of us don't want your business to fail. Those of us who haven't been blocked would happily continue watching if you ran your business properly and fairly.

• Heart

Seethroughthecrap

I think any tears should be shed for Kermit...
If you're reading this Kermit i enjoyed your posts much more than racist Reb's lengthy spiels of shite.
Sending you love you golden tattler! ♥

• Heart

Redbreast

VIP Member
For anyone coming over here and reading (apologies if this has already been written as not read through everything yet!) Do you honestly think celebrities would EVER get a brand deal if their jobs were based on gossip on social media?? Most Instagram mums have threads on here, Louise pentland, Emily Norris etc. People on prime time TV have threads written about them but they all still have advertising deals. This has to tell you that if Rebecca is been dropped by brands in the last six months it is because of her behaviour and the way she has handled various situations. She has behaved appallingly, much of which you wouldn’t have seen as she’s very clever at hiding it and then putting up sympathy posts. She has been dropped by another brand because they do not want to be associated with those kind of actions. Wake up people. These brands have their own minds and would investigate ALL claims. They would not make decisions off idle gossip.

Can I just add that Rebecca blocked me for asking a simple question. Not offensive, rude or trolling. She wants nothing but adoration and no questions on her social media. Many are blocked for asking if something is an AD. Is it not my right to know if I’m being sold something? Why have other social media influencers not blocked me for asking simple questions. It is HER actions that have brought her to this point. I have never emailed a company, but for those who do, do you really think a few emails have the power to terminate a contract? There has to be facts not opinion. The companies are basing their decisions on facts.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
Why does she (and many others) get away with adding extra info once their “ad” has been published. So 20 hours later she adds who the ad was for. Is this allowed? Surely not. I’m not a troll, but I am joe public who doesn’t want to be taken for a fucking mug.

• Angry

ALMRPM

I found this page after being horribly attacked by the sheep on her Facebook (pre lift gate) and a nicest reached out to me. I was asking a question about her putting Poppy in childcare on their recent ski holiday, not nasty, not even particularly critical, and I was attacked from all angels, on her page! That pretty much ruined my day, but she let that happen. It's ok when other people are made to feel like that, but not her!!!

• Sad
  • Wow
Did anyone notice how her tone changed when she went from crying about the terrible trolls to naming Kermit and saying others were being dealt with by the police? It’s the same as last time she had a meltdown like this. All sad and woe is me, then bitch mode comes out when she thinks she can scare people.

• Haha

anony mouse

Chatty Member
I personally don't see how making an apology weeks later would make any difference🤷‍♀️ An honest apology should have been done straight away. If she does apologise then it is obvious it's only because brands don't want to work with her not because she is truly sorry for leaving a racist joke in her vlog.

Reactions: 35

Eightysix

I don’t comment a lot but am local so like the follow this (something to read during night feeds). My brother’s children are at the same school as the Meldrum girls and they are widely spoken about in the town, many are very worried for those children as to how exposed they are, with many others worried that she appears mentally unstable a lot of the time and the effect this must have on those girls. Rebecca - if you’re reading here - please stop having your breakdowns on Instagram - if we can all see it through our phones then it must be blatantly obvious to your children that you are struggling/angry/distraught and that must have some impact on their mental health?!

She is deluded if she thinks things can go back to the way there were when she was more popular - that ship has sailed. She should bow out ‘gracefully’ now and just accept that her online career is over, put her children’s happiness and safety first and earn some money in a way that will not destroy their family. Sadly I think she is far too narcissistic for this to happen and things will get a lot worse until she makes her final fatal ‘cock up’ as she says

• Heart

Catwoman

VIP Member
Well said... this is exactly how I feel too. Used to love them and just feel so disappointed in her. I just wish she would gain some humility & try to come back from this rather than just looking for sympathy all the time; it’s immature and not what she should be teaching her kids.
If that's a genuine response MrsM, it's a good one. That follower has summarised how I felt about you when you blocked me for asking about yoga! Pop it on a post in IG, apologise for the deceipt around advertising and poor actions following questioning or complaint from viewers. Acknowledge and learn from your mistakes, tackle the racism issue, apologise for goading attack over everything from someone liking a comment, being upset about an octopus, thinking differently from you. But credit to you, that's a nice response if it's genuine. 👍

Attachments

• Wow

avabella

VIP Member
This really shows just how fragile and unpredictable the ‘influencer’ world is, and how quickly (hopefully) it can begin to dissolve - and not just Mrs Meldrum - in general.

Social media has created a terrible vacuous environment where anyone can boast and brag about what they have, and encourage others to aspire to be the same.

Ordinarily there is no problem in that, as that’s the basis of advertising - however this new breed of influencers are a dangerous one in which followers feel emotionally connected, and perhaps even friends with said influencer.

We can see the glaring evidence that this approach clearly works in the amount of people blindly defending Mrs Meldrum without actually asking themselves - ‘what has she ever done for me?’.

New readers, let me put it bluntly for you - she is not your friend. She is not recommending things purely to help mummies have an easier day, or enhance your life somehow. The products and items she advertises are to create a revenue stream for her and her family. Whether you purchase outright, or get yourself into debt, is of no consequence to her.

Let me repeat - she is not your friend.

The way that she has reacted has shown very clearly just how much influencers rely on the money - and the panic that sets in when there is a threat of the money being removed.

If Mrs Meldrum loves her little corner of the internet so much and what she does, then why wouldn’t she just carry one regardless of making money or not? Oh that’s right, she doesn’t love it - it’s her JOB.

Remember that, newbies.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

LaCrumpet

Chatty Member
I’m done with Mrs Meldrum. Forget about racist content and not declaring Ad’s what she’s done is atrocious.

She’s effectively put a target on someone’s back. She has no concern for their safety. They chose to be private unlike her. She’s willing to sell her family so she can afford to have security.

If someone has the audacity to disagree with her she will expose their private life and put them in danger. That is the definition of a troll.

• Heart

Ken Adams

The funny thing is that I had actually got bored of the Tattle thread about Mrs Meldrum, no offence intended to you all but I've been here a while and it was just getting so repetitive and not much new was happening so I'd stopped coming on. Then she goes and fucks up again and directs me straight back here and I'm hooked on it again. If she was professional and honest this wouldn't be happening. Why is that so hard for her to understand? She is fueling us, we're not the ones getting her into trouble she's doing it herself.

• Haha

Yel

Chatty Member
Just out of interest. Is this site illegal? Guessing not as it would be taken down by now if it was?
Is talking about public figures illegal? Not unless you're living under a dictatorship, which quite frankly many infuencers seem to like the sound of - just as long as they are the ones doing the dictating.

Nothing about tattle is illegal. It's commenting on people that choose to make themselves a public figure and we have very strict rules so no threatening, abusive, hateful etc content is allowed.

Reactions: 33

LaCrumpet

Chatty Member
As far as I recall Kermit was never nasty she only ever stated facts 🤷🏻‍♀️

Oh Reb I think you’ve gone and created a Martyr. Oops 🤭

Reactions: 33