Mrs Meldrum #41 Guess who's back, back again, edgys back tell Boden.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I laughed at phoneaphobic, totally understand. I hate the phone nowadays 😂😂😂
😂. At work I can answer the phone no problems. At home I have to work up the courage if I need to call someone and always let it go to answer machine if anyone rings

Reactions: 12
... My favourites are those with less followers, decent, normal, sometimes quirky people nowadays. I don't follow many but have got a bit tired of some I used to love that have got greedy, narcissistic and pretty boring actually. 😊 ...
Totally. I heard on a podcast recently that money makes you less creative, I genuinely think this is true. If you're gifted everything and can't connect with the real world, 'mum's with kids, getting tit done', then I think you turn into a whole different channel! Very few cope with the transition through success with humility, gratitude and respect for the sheep who've put them there...

Reactions: 14
"Influencers are another way of service providers like Neilson advertising to a larger market place
Neilson are not the only holiday tour operator to utilise and I confirm the Meldrum family are compliant with ASA standards
Very much like the national press reviewing our holiday programme; influencers travel on the understanding they will review all aspects of service on offer. They are not paid to travel with us or gain refund of expenses incurred. They simply travel free of charge on one our holiday packages.
The dividing line for followers is when a post or review is made by an influencer they are somehow seen to be living the life of luxury or going beyond their remit; when indeed they are a business entity entitled to view personal opinions”

Response received previously when Neilson were queried back in thread #33
Look familiar?? Knew I wasn't losing my marbles 🤯🤪
This sentence seems to have been written by someone with Edgy's grammatical capabilities! :) It does not actually make any sense, as it mentions a 'dividing line', but then does not explain what is either side of that line! Plus, is it saying that they want their influencers to 'live the life of luxury', or not? What a terrible advertisement for their business!

"The dividing line for followers is when a post or review is made by an influencer they are somehow seen to be living the life of luxury or going beyond their remit; when indeed they are a business entity entitled to view personal opinion"

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I don’t understand neilson comparing influencers to journalists. It’s so different. We have been very fortunate over the years that my husband has done quite a few travel reviews for some local b&bs to some of the best hotels in the world. He is honest and if he doesn’t like something or was disappointed he will say in his review. The thing is no one is under the impression that a journalist can for example afford to stay 3 days in the same ski resort as Madonna and Elton John. We are not portraying this as our life and making it out we have paid for these holidays (although we usually have to pay for me & my daughters travel). It’s the same as Mrs M and other influencers “press packs” & “press tickets”. Rebs do you have a degree in journalism? No you can barely string a sentence together without making some huge spelling or grammatical error so stop pretending to be the same as the press 😡😡

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I just don’t get it.

(Speaking generally, not meldrum specifically)

So a company will use “influencers” essentially for cheap advertising- using the reach of the influencer to push their product to a wider audience. In theory, I get that.
However, what doesn’t add up is how is this being tested? How does a company conclusively confirm that by sending an influencer on a free holiday that this increases sales?
Particularly Meldrum - a large proportion of her followers are young women with young families, a lot of them won’t be able to afford the £10K it costs to go on a Neilson holiday.
So where the return on investment for Neilson?
They have gifted the Meldrums with a lot of holidays. If you were to calculate how much those holidays would cost in total to a customer paying for them it’s got to well over £40K (I understand it doesn’t cost Neilson anywhere near that to provide these holidays!)
There just doesn’t seem to be a balance between the benefit that the Meldrum family get from 3/4 holidays a year against the ROI for Neilson🤷🏼‍♀️
And also - do Neilson work with any other influencers? Do they also get the same amount of free holidays year in, year out?

Reactions: 21
Hash tagging something as a #presstrip makes me laugh. The fashion lift receiving a freebie to St Lucia and tagging it as a press trip. You’re not press love - you mainly try on lots of clothes in Zara changing rooms and video yourself doing so 😂 am just using her as a very recent example as I don’t actually mind her too much - it just seems to be the hashtag of choice amongst quite a few lately.

Reactions: 10
1 random thing that made me chuckle and wonder how she said it with straight face on last vlog was her ordering the kids paddling pool from Argos.
When they say next day they mean next day as lots of retailers say next day but they don't mean her postcode!

Next official and hello fresh spring to mind.
They even went to store to collect whilst doing these ad's.

Was the Chad valley pool and Argos AD
As they have previous working relationship think she got free tablet.

• Angry
Reactions: 9
1 random thing that made me chuckle and wonder how she said it with straight face on last vlog was her ordering the kids paddling pool from Argos.
When they say next day they mean next day as lots of retailers say next day but they don't mean her postcode!

Next official and hello fresh spring to mind.
They even went to store to collect whilst doing these ad's.

Was the Chad valley pool and Argos AD
As they have previous working relationship think she got free tablet.
Yes,I noticed that and thought undeclared Argos ad for sure.She has such a sneaky way of working it into her chat...oh,did you guys know that Argos or whoever do next day delivery...like she's a pal passing on a tip🙄
Another mummy vlogger that I watch once in a blue moon got a hello fresh delivery and after the usual spiel about it being soo yummy and giving the impression that she had paid for it herself she had a change of mind and said that it had been kindly gifted...in case anyone feels that they need to complain!!The attitude...seriously...you got a free box of food...declare it...it isn't rocket science!!

• Angry
So basically shes had almost 3 weeks off. Created enough 'content' if you can call it that. To cover her time while shes away on her press release, kindly gifted not an ad holiday. To avoid the backlash of being on holiday. Hence the no return to insta yet.

Will she ever realise what is wrong? More threads than Inghams on tattle should ring a little bell? 💡

Reactions: 19
I watched her vlog, what i find funny is the total change in attitude. What i mean by that is, when they first moved into murder mansion they didn’t show the front of the house in the interest of privacy/“security”. In the most recent vlog, theres belter Lee walking up the drive way onto the street to play kerby.if local to the area im pretty sure if you hadnt known where they lived, you would be able to work it out!

Reactions: 10
I watched her vlog, what i find funny is the total change in attitude. What i mean by that is, when they first moved into murder mansion they didn’t show the front of the house in the interest of privacy/“security”. In the most recent vlog, theres belter Lee walking up the drive way onto the street to play kerby.if local to the area im pretty sure if you hadnt known where they lived, you would be able to work it out!
I don’t think they have ever really cared about their privacy.
If they did then they would have kept completely silent regarding the house move. They wouldn’t have filmed any of the moving process, they wouldn’t have even mentioned that they were house hunting.
They could have moved house with no social media coverage and she could film videos in a unidentifiable room in the house.
They only pretend to care about privacy when the notion suits them!

Reactions: 17
I've seen a handful (I only watch a handful) of these vloggers become all about the ADs on Instagram and YouTube and it's a shame because it's not why we started following them. What is insulting is that they think they are fooling us - look at Rhiannon Ashlee....everything she does is an AD and then will randomly throw in a photograph of a plant so that it's not AD after AD - we can see what you're doing! Lara Joanne Jarvis filmed and posted herself having a breakdown because her number of subscribers wasn't increasing quick enough. It also so annoying how they vlog themselves moaning about all the 'campaigns' they have to do - they don't have to do anything....!!! Then they apologise for all the ADs because they know their audience doesn't like them!

One Vlogger I think that gets it right is Lucie and the Bump - she sets up ADs like actual ADs and doesn't try to hide them and she posts lots of other content which is why people followed her in the first place!

If Mrs M falls - which I actually hope she does because she doesn't deserve the free ride she's been getting, I think it should be a massive wake-up call to the others...they all seem to forget that it's the viewers that put them where they are...!

Reactions: 7
I think they use the privacy thing as a victim card thing like when it suits them share there life everything on camera then when we all have something to say it’s like we deserve privacy which they do but people are going to take interest when you put it all out there.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yes at 1st thought I thought they lived off roundabout.
Guess it's more cul de sac with 2 other houses clustered with theirs.
We know they currently have no gate on driveways .
We know they have the belter bench at the front.
We know their back garden backs onto the woods and they have back gate access.
We know there's patch behind garden that they dump rubbish wood and patio furniture.
We know where the security cameras are placed.
We know the layout and contents of the house.

If they showing number plates they potentially revealing their address.

It's so reckless with 3 young kids
And fact they go away a lot.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.