Mrs Meldrum #41 Guess who's back, back again, edgys back tell Boden.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some of the posts are turning a bit batshit and verging on persecution towards Neilsons. Surely the main issue regarding Neilsons is whether or not they will continue to use a racist to promote their services going forward not whether a holiday in 2016 or whenever was a freebie?

Reactions: 13
Some of the posts are turning a bit batshit and verging on persecution towards Neilsons. Surely the main issue regarding Neilsons is whether or not they will continue to use a racist to promote their services going forward not whether a holiday in 2016 or whenever was a freebie?
Absolutely, but they will not answer.

Reactions: 6
The Neilson response of 'just like a national press review' is so misleading. It's not like the Meldrums are presenters on Wish you were here. They don't go to Neilson and then to Mark Warner and compare the resorts and services. They fool the viewers into believing this is their own choice of holiday company and because they are a family channel rather than a travel channel viewers won't question it. All vlogs and Instagram posts and stories should therefore be clearly marked as #gifted.

Reactions: 15
They didn't have to declare though it was a gift or an ad until recent new guidelines that came in last year I thought
But we're still well within 12 months of the ski holiday and the June 2018 holiday. So she'd have to declare. But I think we know she'll not post (or perhaps even be asked not to post). It was rumoured the holiday for them should be cancelled, but we're not sure how accurate that is. She's in a no win situation, she has to post on insta, even if not the holiday as income relies on it, she's letting her sheep down.... But if she posts about a holiday or word gets out, she's lost a lot more.

Reactions: 5
But they are NOT compliant.
I know, it was more the fact that they implied in response to today's enquiry that they'd been away having a think and researching...........when low and behold it's a bog standard, unclear, response they cut, paste and churn out if queried about any aspect of their relationship with "Influencers" / The Meldrums !

Reactions: 4
Where is the local members who were stating on Friday that they were definitely going and then not going...surly they can just give the answer...I’m sure one of them even mentioned that their kids go to same school...how come they’ve gone quiet today?
It’s all become a little bit silly...I think unless everyone on here is prepared to comment publicly (insta/YouTube/Facebook) on the brands that still support her then it just becomes a little bit like discussing the same old...if any of the brands have seen what has been put on neilsons page today then they will know that it isn’t in their best interest to continue working with her. I just wish channel mum would cut ties with her and the brands will follow...channel mum shouldn’t work with someone that’s been mixed in racism but then refuses to take their advice...bad business partner and obviously only vested in themselves and not the channel mum brand!

Reactions: 9
Where is the local members who were stating on Friday that they were definitely going and then not going...surly they can just give the answer...I’m sure one of them even mentioned that their kids go to same school...how come they’ve gone quiet today?
It’s all become a little bit silly...I think unless everyone on here is prepared to comment publicly (insta/YouTube/Facebook) on the brands that still support her then it just becomes a little bit like discussing the same old...if any of the brands have seen what has been put on neilsons page today then they will know that it isn’t in their best interest to continue working with her. I just wish channel mum would cut ties with her and the brands will follow...channel mum shouldn’t work with someone that’s been mixed in racism but then refuses to take their advice...bad business partner and obviously only vested in themselves and not the channel mum brand!
Completely agree. 👍

Whoever has the phone number that was listed - phone it.

A mobile phone that is abroad has a very different sounding dialling tone. It would give the game away immediately.

I don't have the number or else I would do t.
Are you really suggesting that someone phone the Meldrums to see if there is a foreign ring tone? A step too far. Seriously.

• Wow
Reactions: 42
That Neilson reply is mad. We use influencers for advertising purposes.....they simply travel free of charge. What a bloody life.

• Wow
I'm the lucky person whose children attend the same school as the Meldrum children. But I don't always do the school runs, relatives do (sometimes I'm at work, sometimes I'm having a bad MH day and reach out to family for support)
I also try and keep my school playground movements hidden because I don't want to be publicly attacked by Meldrum and friends, so won't always post on days that I do/don't see them

I know I'm not the only local though, there may be others

Reactions: 12
Whoever has the phone number that was listed - phone it.

A mobile phone that is abroad has a very different sounding dialling tone. It would give the game away immediately.

I don't have the number or else I would do t.
Wow you need to take a look at yourself!! That’s just unreal seriously !!

I’m feeling brave......ok well not really but the more I look into it all the more I realise how bad it is!!! I mean seriously!! Are they not all breaking the law?
Screenshots from the up to date gov uk website
This is EXACTLY why members of Tattle are fed up of her behaviour and actually the regulatory body itself. Time and time again, many of us have admitted to being duped, misled and some members have felt they had been more vulnerable and have shared with us the pressure they felt to attempt to achieve the same lifestyle. Its impossible, it gets people into debt and affects people's health. Putting the horrendous behaviour of MrsM since the complaints around racism aside, this is what we were focusing on. Both brands AND influencers have to be held to account. They are peddling on deception.

Reactions: 18
Calling there number comments completely over stepping the mark these kind of comments give us all a bad name we are not desperate to know just interested.

Reactions: 32
After game of thrones last night, my husband and I were having a deep chat about influences and the effect they have on people. He was saying how on earth are influences able to get away with so much tit, they really do seem untouchable. Why is it acceptable to some people and brands to behaviour like this and not face any consequences. Mrs Meldrum is a tiny part of the problem. Let’s face it, if she does disappear, there are ten other Mrs Meldrums that can take her place. At what point do brands say that their behaviour is unacceptable.

I'm the lucky person whose children attend the same school as the Meldrum children. But I don't always do the school runs, relatives do (sometimes I'm at work, sometimes I'm having a bad MH day and reach out to family for support)
I also try and keep my school playground movements hidden because I don't want to be publicly attacked by Meldrum and friends, so won't always post on days that I do/don't see them

I know I'm not the only local though, there may be others
I’m guessing you don’t bump into them a lot her kids are always out of school on holiday

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.