Mrs Meldrum 3 - The One Who "disney" Declare Her Ads (The Meldrum Family)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The sheep think she is genuinely advertising things she is interested in...not the ones that pay the most. Unbelievable.

Anyway, tattle can be dismissed as a gossip site but I think there has been important work done here uncovering a scam...I'm going to write to Martin Lewis as I think this needs more exposure.

Someone posted on here about just having been diagnosed with PND and how Mrs Meldrum added to their sense of inadequacy with their unachievable lifestyle, pushing people into debt as they feel they need to have the latest 'thing".
The post was heart breaking really.

On another note....I love the humor of this thread...literally makes me laugh out loud keep it up:love:

Reactions: 15
The sheep think she is genuinely advertising things she is interested in...not the ones that pay the most. Unbelievable.

Anyway, tattle can be dismissed as a gossip site but I think there has been important work done here uncovering a scam...I'm going to write to Martin Lewis as I think this needs more exposure.

Someone posted on here about just having been diagnosed with PND and how Mrs Meldrum added to their sense of inadequacy with their unachievable lifestyle, pushing people into debt as they feel they need to have the latest 'thing".
The post was heart breaking really.

On another note....I love the humor of this thread...literally makes me laugh out loud keep it up:love:
It is heartbreaking. Channel mum would say they support mums, but their YTubers are only causing mums to feel inadequate. social media platforms as a whole need looked at as its full of yummy mums posing with the perfect photo/house/kids/latest spons pushchair. That isn’t real like and it’s like they jumped out of a magazine advertising these things. It’s not real life. As for the Instagram poses.....it’s so staged and false

Reactions: 3
I only found this thread thanks to Colette the snitch on insta yesterday and oh my goodness ?? Finally! I seriously thought EVERYONE was under this Meldrum Superficial, Unattainable, Unrelatable, cosy knit, bad boy spell! Give them their absolute dues, they have created this brand that so many seem to have bought into, but they are definitely beginning to show their true colours with this latest Disney Debacale! Nobody in their right mind doubted that the Disney trip wasn’t a gift/work/paid trip because, credit your viewers/followers with intelligence - who after JUST buying a new house has the spare cash to book a weekend to Disney?! What they need to realise is it’s not the fact they have been gifted/received goods/cash, it’s that they didn’t declare it from the get-go. The deliberately and intentionally tried to manipulate people into believing they had funded the trip and had “just” been given the VIP passes, yeah sure cos the guys on the entry gate were like “Holy Moly, there’s that Belter Guy and Edgy Babe from Banchory, get the VIP passes out!” It’s the sense of entitlement they have about them that has massively put me off the pair of them! That they honestly believe they don’t have to share when they are being gifted items or receiving privileges in exchange for their services or indeed their children’s services in this case also - she is a business! As she states “you tube is my jam!” So she should be the very one who knows the rules and regulations inside out. She is ruthless and he’s so desperate to be famous it’s cringeworthy. For my sins, I still follow her just to watch the sh@tstorm unfold really as I think it’s only a matter of time, but had to unfollow him after an insta story about being in the local village butcher to pick up some cheeky lamb chops and a belting macaroni pie for his walk to the park with little coco pops/darling/popster and I just thought - is this what my life is now?! Watching this absolute weapon standing recording himself in the butchers picking up a blooming lamb chop?! Anyway, the comments on here are hilarious ? so keep up the good work guys!
Fab post made me chuckle

Its like watching a car crash.

Hes such an odd one why do they want ti be famous.

Reb just loves to feel important and loved

Thew will stop at nothing to get to 100k and sadly they pretty close .

I read all the fan girls on insta and fb dont get it.

Especially other vloggers they should have sense steer clear .

Hopefully this is the start of something good.

That shes had huge telling off
Less people like her
Less brands will want to work with her
And bigger vloggers will avoid her.

She may seem smug now as reckons new house vlog and xmas will be fab content but it will dry up.

To any fans who joined and feel bad they duped.

Don't be we all have.

Also to those who envy her life and feel crap about their own.

Please dont. They heading for a sorts of trouble.

Reactions: 6
Fab post made me chuckle

Its like watching a car crash.

Hes such an odd one why do they want ti be famous.

Reb just loves to feel important and loved

Thew will stop at nothing to get to 100k and sadly they pretty close .

I read all the fan girls on insta and fb dont get it.

Especially other vloggers they should have sense steer clear .

Hopefully this is the start of something good.

That shes had huge telling off
Less people like her
Less brands will want to work with her
And bigger vloggers will avoid her.

She may seem smug now as reckons new house vlog and xmas will be fab content but it will dry up.

To any fans who joined and feel bad they duped.

Don't be we all have.

Also to those who envy her life and feel crap about their own.

Please dont. They heading for a sorts of trouble.
So you think that this recent issue with Disney will be the downfall that made the meldrums go downhill or could she recover from it all

Found this forum a couple of weeks ago after Googling "does anyone else find Mrs Meldrum painful". I had been starting to feel uneasy when her content began to change 6-12 months ago and felt there was the beginnings of more obvious shady behaviour around the time The Meldrums channel was closed, it was then I unsubbed from her Youtube channels.

I agree with a lot of your valid opinions and enjoy the quick wit here.

Haven't seen it mentioned yet and please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you can watch video's on Hooktube without it going towards the number of views? Just thought I would mention it, as I have seen a few comments where people are still watching her videos on Youtube.

Also, is it normal to feel "triggered" reading the comments of blind faith from the loyal "sheep"?

Reactions: 7
I don’t actually believe that they exist only on the income they make from social media
None of it adds up
I would take a punt and say that Lee took redundancy or a pay off from his job due to the downturn in the industry at the time or the near miss he had on the chopper. Or, he was on the sick for a while before leaving. Either way, they were earning money from that.
They clearly have money from family helping them - not my business but very obvious to anyone with half a brain.
I don’t think they make as much money from social media as they try to make people believe.
He def went off sick when they had the chopper accident , can guarantee he got a bloody good pay out, ?

Reactions: 1
I have followed her for years. Today I posted a polite comment saying that actually as the mum of a teenage girl I'm glad there is now rules surrounding influencers having to declare things as gifted. As my teen was starting to compare people she watched (mostly americans) and compare their trips and holidays and material possessions to her own and it wasn't giving a true realistic perception of what is achievable to most people day to day. I said I don't grudge influencers being gifted anything as it's part of their job but I'm glad it's now needing declared properly. Then went on to say the trip looked great.

It's been deleted. So Rebecca you can duck right off! Your transparency is utter bullshit when you are deleting genuine followers comments that don't fit in with your narrative. Now I see her for what she truly is a complete greedy little fraud. I have unfollowed both of them and unsubscribed from YouTube and everywhere else.

And by the way no Rebecca, your trip didn't need to be declared an ad by the asa guidelines if what they are saying is true about Tesco having no say in what or how they posted but they absolutely should be reported to the cma.

It's not hard unless you have the brain the size of a gnat.
I still think they’re not being entirely honest on the “control” part either. I think they’re using that ‘control’ thing as a loophole to be shady (even when the ASA has tried to close the loophole and say if still needs to be declared in the guidelines). If the meldrums posted nothing about their Disney trip on Instagram/youtube etc, fair enough, but they did, there were plenty of photos and stories - because they know this is what is expected of them by brands when they’re gifted these big ticket items. The brands don’t do this for the good of their hearts. Like people have said, they’d give the trips to genuine, needy families in that case. They gave it to the meldrums because of the advertising they know they’d receive in return and to me that means there is very obvious control there. Tesco are as much at fault here.

Plus, if they were truly going ‘above and beyond’ it would just be a given that they’d declare something like that. Above and beyond would actually be detailing exactly what was was gifted in this case. Which I would assume to be everything. Bubble wands and all. I’d say they’re actually much closer to ‘nothing if we can get away it’ as opposed to ‘above and beyond’ in their approach to all the advertising they do. Which is primarily all they post at the moment.

Reactions: 3
I only found this thread thanks to Colette the snitch on insta yesterday and oh my goodness ?? Finally! I seriously thought EVERYONE was under this Meldrum Superficial, Unattainable, Unrelatable, cosy knit, bad boy spell! Give them their absolute dues, they have created this brand that so many seem to have bought into, but they are definitely beginning to show their true colours with this latest Disney Debacale! Nobody in their right mind doubted that the Disney trip wasn’t a gift/work/paid trip because, credit your viewers/followers with intelligence - who after JUST buying a new house has the spare cash to book a weekend to Disney?! What they need to realise is it’s not the fact they have been gifted/received goods/cash, it’s that they didn’t declare it from the get-go. The deliberately and intentionally tried to manipulate people into believing they had funded the trip and had “just” been given the VIP passes, yeah sure cos the guys on the entry gate were like “Holy Moly, there’s that Belter Guy and Edgy Babe from Banchory, get the VIP passes out!” It’s the sense of entitlement they have about them that has massively put me off the pair of them! That they honestly believe they don’t have to share when they are being gifted items or receiving privileges in exchange for their services or indeed their children’s services in this case also - she is a business! As she states “you tube is my jam!” So she should be the very one who knows the rules and regulations inside out. She is ruthless and he’s so desperate to be famous it’s cringeworthy. For my sins, I still follow her just to watch the sh@tstorm unfold really as I think it’s only a matter of time, but had to unfollow him after an insta story about being in the local village butcher to pick up some cheeky lamb chops and a belting macaroni pie for his walk to the park with little coco pops/darling/popster and I just thought - is this what my life is now?! Watching this absolute weapon standing recording himself in the butchers picking up a blooming lamb chop?! Anyway, the comments on here are hilarious ? so keep up the good work guys!
WELCOME!!!! You’ll like it here!! ???

Today is a day of self care in the meldrums. Time to snuggle in a corner and lick the wounds. I really do take what you all say on board? Not what I see blocking people with genuine questions, and it’s hard to take critisimn when it’s your job. Yes but it’s part and parcel of it, no ones free from it in any job And to the viewer who said you handle it with such grace. Calling blocking people with genuine questions and a half hearted apology ‘graceful’ ? She’s only sorry she was caught!! New name for pops this morning. Oh popolicious!!! And someone’s showing the car registration plate again. Bad boy Lee. Tut tut. PRIVACY!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Found this forum a couple of weeks ago after Googling "does anyone else find Mrs Meldrum painful". I had been starting to feel uneasy when her content began to change 6-12 months ago and felt there was the beginnings of more obvious shady behaviour around the time The Meldrums channel was closed, it was then I unsubbed from her Youtube channels.

Haven't seen it mentioned yet and please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you can watch video's on Hooktube without it going towards the number of views? Just thought I would mention it, as I have seen a few comments where people are still watching her videos on Youtube.

Also, is it normal to feel "triggered" reading the comments of blind faith from the loyal "sheep"?
Yes I feel complete and utter disbelief reading the ? comments, then I look at their user names and it’s normally something like icklepicklemumsywumsy and I completely understand.!!! Seriously it makes me ?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Today is a day of self care in the meldrums. Time to snuggle in a corner and lick the wounds. I really do take what you all say on board? Not what I see blocking people with genuine questions, and it’s hard to take critisimn when it’s your job. Yes but it’s part and parcel of it, no ones free from it in any job And to the viewer who said you handle it with such grace. Calling blocking people with genuine questions and a half hearted apology ‘graceful’ ? She’s only sorry she was caught!!
"Those with nothing to hide will hide nothing" - Dr Phil!

Reactions: 6
I have unfollowed every channel mum vlogger on every platform. If channel mum want to blame someone blame meldrum as she has tipped everyone right over the edge.

Reactions: 8
I hope they do take some time to sit back and reflect actually. Like someone said, they’ve built a decent living for themselves that they should be proud of, they just need to realise that the general public are not all cult sheep that can be kept in their place and a lot of us do have a pretty good understanding of the industry and how they make their money. By blocking anyone who questions them is only going to drive them further up their own arses.

Reactions: 2
The name thing made me chuckle out loud!! Apart from her least favourite child who she has given the most unique name, she has chosen the most common ones! The whole reason she changed safiyah was because Sophia was to popular!! What and florence and poppy are not?? I know loads of children with those names!!

Hooktube doesn’t work for not giving them a view, so it will give them a view, however it still works like an ad blocker so you won’t get ad’s and give money to them that way. This was discovered on the Ingham fam thread on here or GG

Reactions: 4
I hope they do take some time to sit back and reflect actually. Like someone said, they’ve built a decent living for themselves that they should be proud of, they just need to realise that the general public are not all cult sheep that can be kept in their place and a lot of us do have a pretty good understanding of the industry and how they make their money. By blocking anyone who questions them is only going to drive them further up their own arses.
True, although selling/exploitation of your children is in my book nothing to be proud of.

Today is a day of self care in the meldrums. Time to snuggle in a corner and lick the wounds. I really do take what you all say on board? Not what I see blocking people with genuine questions, and it’s hard to take critisimn when it’s your job. Yes but it’s part and parcel of it, no ones free from it in any job And to the viewer who said you handle it with such grace. Calling blocking people with genuine questions and a half hearted apology ‘graceful’ ? She’s only sorry she was caught!!
"Self Care" whilst throwing it out to the sheep.........."What would you prefer house tour or Disney? "as predicted two number busting vlogs to follow AD gate and she probably has a timed deadline with Tesco ?

The woman has no shame and believes herself above the rules and pretty much unstoppable. The similarity between the wording of the "apology" and the CM response was not coincidental and I don't honestly believe for one minute was written at her new kitchen table, or even in front of the roaring fire, by our Reb herself. PR exercise at it's worst, standard statements being churned out by CM to any complainer, " cut and paste, insert name here" .

On a brighter note I'm delighted to see Pat making it as a Deliveroo Mannie on the side, just tell me he has new gloves and a new #spon bobble hat to cope with the Barry Baltic weather........
And he's still delighted with the view out their new window, does anyone else picture him suction cupped to the window like an in car Garfield until Reb tells him he can go out to play ?

Reactions: 7
Today is a day of self care in the meldrums. Time to snuggle in a corner and lick the wounds. I really do take what you all say on board? Not what I see blocking people with genuine questions, and it’s hard to take critisimn when it’s your job. Yes but it’s part and parcel of it, no ones free from it in any job And to the viewer who said you handle it with such grace. Calling blocking people with genuine questions and a half hearted apology ‘graceful’ ? She’s only sorry she was caught!! New name for pops this morning. Oh popolicious!!! And someone’s showing the car registration plate again. Bad boy Lee. Tut tut. PRIVACY!!!!!
She actually called us not normal in a roundabout way!!! She bared faced lied, no mistake was made!! She knew the rules. I asked lee straight out if it was gifted after he said not an AD and guess what? I was BLOCKED!! So like others I’ve unsubscribed from ALL channel mum vloggers! And switched my weekly grocery shop which is way over £150 ( including toiletries/laundry) every week from #tesco to Sainsburys

Reactions: 4
So you think that this recent issue with Disney will be the downfall that made the meldrums go downhill or could she recover from it all
Well it was a non apology

She dident admit wrongdoing she hid behind mistake and vague wording.
She then argued any negative comments deleted and blocked.

Also other vloggers now feeling the heat and being questioned. I wonder if channel mum have an internal private forum.
I bet some are fuming she got disneyland and they now being scrutinised

Maybe she thinks she can come back from this.

Surely shes wearing the primary teachers head patience fines aside shes taking the piss.

But between tesco here mumsnet and her own platforms so many people now know.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.