Mrs Meldrum 3 - The One Who "disney" Declare Her Ads (The Meldrum Family)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love that in the midst of the questions about her lack of transparency with advertising, there are those asking about where her fake flowers are from hun ?

Reactions: 6
For as frustrating as it is with the sheep not getting it there’s nothing we can do. You cannot educate dumb!
I agree, some of it may not be ads but I can’t understand how they can’t see that several channel mums shopped in Matalan last week and vlogged about it or insta stories. Next week it might be Iceland, Next etc surely if you follow several channel mums you can see the pattern/clues?!

Reactions: 3
I love that in the midst of the questions about her lack of transparency with advertising, there are those asking about where her fake flowers are from hun ?
Ha ha those “inappropriate asks” always make me laugh too. They always get answered too! Anything to shoehorn a brand in.

Reactions: 4
I know ??? AND she is of course she is replying "they are Next lovely xxx" "they are fake hun"
I'm just sitting her like ?? as I am reading it, (on my second instagram account) as I am a #blocked #nastyattackinggiverofadvice
All I can think when I see these air-head comments is "bore off lovely"

Reactions: 5
I commented a nice polite message stating that there was no need to lie, we all saw lees stories that clearly stated that it wasn’t a ad it was self funded but they were just given bloody vip passes (JUST) .. and that none really cares whether it was a ad, gift , self funded whatever it was just the lack of transparency which had pissed everyone off
My comment got deleted.. obviously ?

I sincerely hope that S doesn’t get any hassle at school. Any older primary aged child could hear a parent comment about what went on and say. Oh I see your mummy lied on the Instagram Recently. Kids being kids and all that. They can be nasty.

Reactions: 2
Reb currently replying wonder whether she will just ignore/block negative comments?
She has to keep the funny ones. Go on Reb have a heart and keep the funny ones. Personally, I think it would do her good to keep the comments good and bad. Answer the bad ones with some grace or let the sheep do it for you. Deleting just makes it look like she has something to hide - bit of free P.R advise for you there Reb. Let me know if you need ASA guidance too.

Reactions: 5
She’s deleted the comment now but someone was posting that if the children are put to work- paid or otherwise- then the council need to issue a license?! Is that true? Wouldn’t every YouTubed be screwed with something like that?

I didn’t screen shot but it was basically that if the children are asked to be present in the ad by the brand then the children should have this license and earn money from appearing.
Sometimes brands themselves will issue one-off licences for kids appearing branded content but generally vlogging isn't covered by the same rules as, say, a child actor would be. The guidelines on children employed in entertainment were drawn up when 'user-generated content' was confined to families sharing updates on Facebook and there was no money involved. Now that family vlogging has become a multi-million pound industry the guidelines need to be revisited.

The licences for children are given by the local authority and each area has it's own dedicated officer. There is also the NNCEE (National Network for Children in Employment and Entertainment) who describe themselves on their website as the only National organisation solely dedicated to the continual development and implementation of ‘good practice’ issues for children engaged in employment and taking part in public performances.

Most of the child employment officers at each local authority are also members of the NNCEE and they are very aware of the current gap in provision for children on Youtube.

Reactions: 1
New here but I have been lurking for a long time, thought I should put in my two cents.

Reb is handling this situation terribly. She needs to realise that her whole livelihood as the sole beadwinner depends on her having a good relationship with her viewers. Yes there are lots of sheep who will kiss her ass in the comments just to get a reply from her, but most of her viewers are waking up and this is not good for her at all. She has just bought a house that she can’t afford so what the hell is she doing right now pissing all her subscribers off. I know that after all the drama with the Inghams, the children were as a result bullied at school. I sincerely hope that doesn’t happen to poor Safiyah because of this. She needs to get her act together ASAP and either completely change her attitude or get a new career.

I have followed her for years. Today I posted a polite comment saying that actually as the mum of a teenage girl I'm glad there is now rules surrounding influencers having to declare things as gifted. As my teen was starting to compare people she watched (mostly americans) and compare their trips and holidays and material possessions to her own and it wasn't giving a true realistic perception of what is achievable to most people day to day. I said I don't grudge influencers being gifted anything as it's part of their job but I'm glad it's now needing declared properly. Then went on to say the trip looked great.

It's been deleted. So Rebecca you can duck right off! Your transparency is utter bullshit when you are deleting genuine followers comments that don't fit in with your narrative. Now I see her for what she truly is a complete greedy little fraud. I have unfollowed both of them and unsubscribed from YouTube and everywhere else.

And by the way no Rebecca, your trip didn't need to be declared an ad by the asa guidelines if what they are saying is true about Tesco having no say in what or how they posted but they absolutely should be reported to the cma.

It's not hard unless you have the brain the size of a gnat.

Attachments

Reactions: 14
I don’t actually believe that they exist only on the income they make from social media
None of it adds up
I would take a punt and say that Lee took redundancy or a pay off from his job due to the downturn in the industry at the time or the near miss he had on the chopper. Or, he was on the sick for a while before leaving. Either way, they were earning money from that.
They clearly have money from family helping them - not my business but very obvious to anyone with half a brain.
I don’t think they make as much money from social media as they try to make people believe.

I don’t actually believe that they exist only on the income they make from social media
None of it adds up
I would take a punt and say that Lee took redundancy or a pay off from his job due to the downturn in the industry at the time or the near miss he had on the chopper. Or, he was on the sick for a while before leaving. Either way, they were earning money from that.
They clearly have money from family helping them - not my business but very obvious to anyone with half a brain.
I don’t think they make as much money from social media as they try to make people believe.
I hate to disagree but from one brand deal alone they can make thousands. You’d be horrified how much influencers are making these days. The same was said about the Saccone Joly’s and Ingham family and ok the inghams are being hit hard at the moment but I’d say the Meldrums are making a very tidy sum! Every single one of her uploads are ad’s, that’s before you add in channel mum content, Instagram, instagram stories, god knows what else she’s doing. If 18yr olds are millionaires already from their channels and the SJ’s can afford private fees and huge renovations they’re in a position to pay for it! There’s a lot of information out there about how much you can make running a channel. And she’s a brand bleep! She knows what she’s doing.

Reactions: 2
I hate to disagree but from one brand deal alone they can make thousands. You’d be horrified how much influencers are making these days. The same was said about the Saccone Joly’s and Ingham family and ok the inghams are being hit hard at the moment but I’d say the Meldrums are making a very tidy sum! Every single one of her uploads are ad’s, that’s before you add in channel mum content, Instagram, instagram stories, god knows what else she’s doing. If 18yr olds are millionaires already from their channels and the SJ’s can afford private fees and huge renovations they’re in a position to pay for it! There’s a lot of information out there about how much you can make running a channel. And she’s a brand bleep! She knows what she’s doing.
I agree, although you have to remember the inghams and SJs are much much bigger in terms of subs/views and the SJs especially have been doing this for years. I know though they will be making a fair whack. I wonder what the other channel mums make of her, she’s very grabby with getting the work, surely they must be pissed off that she seems to take everything, that is why I don’t buy all this ‘chums’ crap, they tag/support each other in the hope they will pick up each other’s viewers, but YT is literally swamped with mum vloggers and the competition must be fierce.

For as frustrating as it is with the sheep not getting it there’s nothing we can do. You cannot educate dumb!
They are seriously blind, even when presented with the hard cold facts they believe her!! Scary though, I mean these ‘influencers are in my opinion almost like cult leaders and we seem to have a generation who need to be led and have zero ability to think for themselves. I know Tattle is a gossip site and gets slated, but I would lose all hope had I not been able to read here and see that others are not fooled by them. I keep thinking of the tiger in Jungle book with his twirling eyes....look into my eyes........you are under my spell!

Reactions: 9
They are seriously blind, even when presented with the hard cold facts they believe her!! Scary though, I mean these ‘influencers are in my opinion almost like cult leaders and we seem to have a generation who need to be led and have zero ability to think for themselves. I know Tattle is a gossip site and gets slated, but I would lose all hope had I not been able to read here and see that others are not fooled by them. I keep thinking of the tiger in Jungle book with his twirling eyes....look into my eyes........you are under my spell!
Totally agree. As a viewer were being duped by them

I have many concerns about Meldrums after all the sneak ads and how she handle things.
My main concern is how she use her children in the money making ads. We still dont know the long term effects on beeing over exposed as a child. You cant trust anyone who gamble with they own children to make money.

I only found this thread thanks to Colette the snitch on insta yesterday and oh my goodness ?? Finally! I seriously thought EVERYONE was under this Meldrum Superficial, Unattainable, Unrelatable, cosy knit, bad boy spell! Give them their absolute dues, they have created this brand that so many seem to have bought into, but they are definitely beginning to show their true colours with this latest Disney Debacale! Nobody in their right mind doubted that the Disney trip wasn’t a gift/work/paid trip because, credit your viewers/followers with intelligence - who after JUST buying a new house has the spare cash to book a weekend to Disney?! What they need to realise is it’s not the fact they have been gifted/received goods/cash, it’s that they didn’t declare it from the get-go. The deliberately and intentionally tried to manipulate people into believing they had funded the trip and had “just” been given the VIP passes, yeah sure cos the guys on the entry gate were like “Holy Moly, there’s that Belter Guy and Edgy Babe from Banchory, get the VIP passes out!” It’s the sense of entitlement they have about them that has massively put me off the pair of them! That they honestly believe they don’t have to share when they are being gifted items or receiving privileges in exchange for their services or indeed their children’s services in this case also - she is a business! As she states “you tube is my jam!” So she should be the very one who knows the rules and regulations inside out. She is ruthless and he’s so desperate to be famous it’s cringeworthy. For my sins, I still follow her just to watch the sh@tstorm unfold really as I think it’s only a matter of time, but had to unfollow him after an insta story about being in the local village butcher to pick up some cheeky lamb chops and a belting macaroni pie for his walk to the park with little coco pops/darling/popster and I just thought - is this what my life is now?! Watching this absolute weapon standing recording himself in the butchers picking up a blooming lamb chop?! Anyway, the comments on here are hilarious ? so keep up the good work guys!

Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.