Mrs Meldrum 3 - The One Who "disney" Declare Her Ads (The Meldrum Family)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can only apologise for my graphic content.

As a poster, I try and go above and beyond in my efforts to please, sometimes I make a boob.
Sometimes... nearly a dick ?
So once again, thank you and i am delighted you have all shared your thoughts with me.

Ooh. (Represented by scammel ma!)

Reactions: 14
I can only apologise for my graphic content.

As a poster, I try and go above and beyond in my efforts to please, sometimes I make a boob.
Sometimes... nearly a dick ?
So once again, thank you and i am delighted you have all shared your thoughts with me.

Ooh. (Represented by scammel ma!)
??

If I find something confusing at work of vague, I Would go out my way to learn it to understand it inside out! Poor excuse
Especially when it's viewers and followers telling her and her husband. I got blocked for pointing out that if it is gifted then it now needs to be declared under ASA rules. Also, pointed it out to them when they were gifted the Scottish hotel weekend. It's very clear
If you are getting something for free be honest about it. Don't cherry pick to declare the VIP guide but not the flights, hotel or tickets to the park.

She’s deleted the comment now but someone was posting that if the children are put to work- paid or otherwise- then the council need to issue a license?! Is that true? Wouldn’t every YouTubed be screwed with something like that?

I didn’t screen shot but it was basically that if the children are asked to be present in the ad by the brand then the children should have this license and earn money from appearing.

Reactions: 2
Joined here purely out of frustration regarding Mrs M and her ‘sorry, not sorry’, poor apology today.

Like others have said, I feel she definitely went out of her way to mislead. I can’t believe that people are defending her.

It’s a very scary world where it is deemed acceptable (by ? or otherwise) to simply delete and block people that don’t agree with your point of view and close down discussion. Society and social platforms should not be a case of ‘my way or the high way’. What a scary and slippery slope.

Mrs M posts to a ‘business’ page and as such, should be held accountable for their business actions. If they have broken the law or deliberately mislead then they should and must be held accountable.

Also, there is a definite and clear difference between a troll and someone who is politely asking for clarification. Some of the comments by the ? on insta make me so cross!

Reactions: 4
Another AD indeed. It seems like that’s all her channel is nowadays. She’s had 9 pictures on her Instagram only in the past week advertising something. She is ruining her channel, all of these ads might pay off short term but her channel is going down the drain long term - think about that mrs meldrum.
Which is why she tries to hide they are #ads #gifted if she can. Great timing though as hopefully more sheep will see she is just a marketing tool. She has to be now that Meld is out of work and they have that big house to pay for.

Screenshot_20181106-220955_Instagram.jpg

#justeatAD #Kathkissesmyass #proseccoboobdrum

You asked where he was and he delivered for you @Oohthedrama

Reactions: 1
She has deleted all the sensible comments that were making perfectly valid points. I was really disappointed to see featheringtheemptynest simpering after her too. Another one unfollowed.

Reactions: 2
Joined here purely out of frustration regarding Mrs M and her ‘sorry, not sorry’, poor apology today.

Like others have said, I feel she definitely went out of her way to mislead. I can’t believe that people are defending her.

Mrs M posts to a ‘business’ page and as such, should be held accountable for their business actions. If they have broken the law or deliberately mislead then they should and must be held accountable.

Also, there is a definite and clear difference between a troll and someone who is politely asking for clarification. Some of the comments by the ? on insta make me so cross!

They see me postin'
They hatin'
Patrolling and tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty
Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty

Bekka “boob” Melodrama

(Ps, love your name ?)

Reactions: 3
Had another email fromt he ASA - my complaint has been allocated a staff member, and will have an outcome within 15 working days.

Still no reply from Channel Mum!
I have a reply from The Head of Brand and Talent Management at Channel Mum ? I did email them twice though as I was and still am fuming.
I mentioned that she had blocked me after liking a post on fandf so she sent me an email attaching Edgy's apology from instagram so that I could see.
I replied to say thank you for the reply but that apology is passive agressive and I still feel disgusted in Rebeccas conduct over the weekend. Deleting comments and blocking people and accusing people of attacking her. Simply not acceptable from someone working under the name of Channel Mum.

Reactions: 6
She has deleted all the sensible comments that were making perfectly valid points. I was really disappointed to see featheringtheemptynest simpering after her too. Another one unfollowed.
If she is deleting anyone that doesn't agree with her I really do think it is RIP for her channel. We'll find it rotting away in a shed somewhere. People soon cotton on when the comments are only positive. Have some balls woman and defend yourselve rather than delete and block.

Reactions: 6
My reply back to CM.

Dear Ms Lxxxx

I'm disappointed in your reply. Are you really saying that she didn't break the ASA rules? I'd just like you to clarify that for me as I would disagree and if you are saying that then you and your team really need legal guidance on the new rules.

If you are trying to make it seem a bit 'woolly' that this didn't fall under the CAP code (which I personally believe it does because the Meldrums had to give over some of their holiday to be photographed for the F&F Instagram account, thus meaning there was an element of 'control') then you should be aware even if you and Rebecca Meldrum are claiming there was no control it still falls under CMA and if it is not an ad covered by the CAP Code but there was still ‘paid’ (in money or in kind), the consumer protection legislation enforced by the CMA still applies.

As such all video/photography should still prominently be labelled as ‘Advertisement
Feature’ or ‘Advertisement Promotion’, and to have regard to the ASA/CAP guidelines.

If you had cared to look at the link I sent you, or had familiarised yourself with the new framework you would obviously know this.

I feel your email and Rebecca Meldrums reply both scream of sorry, not sorry.

Your creator lied, she didn't make a "boob" she lied. And ultimately as her agent you allowed that to happen, and are still covering her backside with the reply you have sent to me.

I'm disappointed, but not surprised.

Regards, Mrs

On a side note, when I emailed I used 'Mrs surname' as a sign off, reply back was a breezy 'hi first-name'

If someone takes the time to sign off 'Mrs surname' I expect a 'Dear Mrs surname' back. To bring this point to the sender I made sure my response back to her was 'Dear Ms surname'
You must be very bored

She has definitely deleted comments in the last half hour since I last looked. All hunz are really not getting that it’s a business account with legal responsibilities are they?

It’s all just jealousy apparently

She has definitely deleted comments in the last half hour since I last looked. All hunz are really not getting that it’s a business account with legal responsibilities are they?

It’s all just jealousy apparently
For as frustrating as it is with the sheep not getting it there’s nothing we can do. You cannot educate dumb!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.