Mrs Meldrum 3 - The One Who "disney" Declare Her Ads (The Meldrum Family)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry still getting to grips with replying to individual posts, ignore me.

Reactions: 1
Channel mum are way worse than QVC. A shopping channel doesn't try to pretend it's your friend and sticks to the rules. Rebecca and channel mum as both as bad as each other and know the big money comes from being sly with pushing products.

The most liked comments on her videos are all complaining about ads on her new video.

Reactions: 4
I had a reply from channel mum. I'm incognito under a different name as don't want to be linked to my posts I've already contributed on this message board.

My message to CM.

I'm emailing regarding one of your vloggers Mrs Meldrum and her recent holiday to Disneyland Paris. Rebecca Meldrum failed to disclose her holiday to Disneyland was paid for (IE gifted to her) by F&F clothing. I find the lack of transparency she and her husband have shown to be wholly unethical. She's told her followers that this trip was not an ad, and they were given a VIP guide. However since then F&F clothing have featured the Meldrum family in a promotional photo on Instagram at Disneyland Paris and other bloggers/vloggers that have been invited have shown a much more realistic view of this holiday, including attending the park before opening, private interaction with the characters, private viewing areas for the parades, as well as the use of the guide Mr and Mrs Meldrum mentioned.

The Meldrum family have shown a completely unrealistic view of a disneyland Paris holiday. Paying guests do not get to stand in special areas to watch the fireworks or see a parade. They don't get to skip the queue, they don't get access to characters when no other guests are admitted.

I would like clarification on exactly what they have been gifted (the f&f clothing they are wearing? The park tickets? The accommodation at Newport bay hotel? They flights there and back?)

As you are probably aware vloggers and 'influencers' are now bound by stricter rules by the advertisement standard agency and even if they don't receive monetary payment for their work they have to declare any gifts they receive as an advertisement. Just in case you aren't aware here is a link on that information. It would probably benefit you to tell all your vloggers about this rule as it appears Rebecca Meldrum doesn't know about it.

https://www.asa.org.uk/advice-online/video-blogs-scenarios.html

It appears to me, and many others that the Meldrum family have indeed been gifted part, or all of their holiday to Disneyland Paris and as such it is an Advertisement and they are breaking the ASA rules. I'd would appreciate your response to this as the Meldrum family censored a lot of comments made on their social media platforms and when people ask they find themselves blocked and their comments deleted. If the Meldrum family were more open and addressed these questions then I wouldn't have the need to email channel mum for clarification. However their censored approach to questions regarding their conduct means I have no way of asking these questions personally. As you promote this family I assume you also guide them with regard to transparency so I feel it is right that you address this issue on their behalf.

I look very much forward to your reply, and maybe a statement from the Meldrum family on why they have failed to disclose this holiday as a paid promotion for F&F clothing

Kind regards
≈≈≈

The reply.

Many thanks for getting in touch, we really appreciate your time in writing to us.

Mrs Meldrum has posted her own response which you can read here. While this hopefully covers most of your questions - and while Mrs Meldrum hasn't broken any advertising rules - we wholeheartedly agree that being open, honest and transparent at all times is the most important thing.

As a community, we always try to go above and beyond the rules and WE ALWAYS flag up each time we are paid for a post. As we're sure you understand, the paid posts are what help us fund the free parent support groups and expert help on the Channel Mum site. Without these ads, we couldn't help thousands of families who turn to us for support each year.

We also try very hard to make sure any ads we do have are interesting, useful and above all helpful to you. As mums ourselves, we never want to do anything which we wouldn't want to watch!

Thanks to your message, we'll be reminding all OUR CREATORS not just to do what we need to do to follow the rules but to do much more and importantly - to do what you have asked us to do.

So once again, thank you and we are delighted you have shared your thoughts with us.

Kind regards,
My reply back to CM.

Dear Ms Lxxxx

I'm disappointed in your reply. Are you really saying that she didn't break the ASA rules? I'd just like you to clarify that for me as I would disagree and if you are saying that then you and your team really need legal guidance on the new rules.

If you are trying to make it seem a bit 'woolly' that this didn't fall under the CAP code (which I personally believe it does because the Meldrums had to give over some of their holiday to be photographed for the F&F Instagram account, thus meaning there was an element of 'control') then you should be aware even if you and Rebecca Meldrum are claiming there was no control it still falls under CMA and if it is not an ad covered by the CAP Code but there was still ‘paid’ (in money or in kind), the consumer protection legislation enforced by the CMA still applies.

As such all video/photography should still prominently be labelled as ‘Advertisement
Feature’ or ‘Advertisement Promotion’, and to have regard to the ASA/CAP guidelines.

If you had cared to look at the link I sent you, or had familiarised yourself with the new framework you would obviously know this.

I feel your email and Rebecca Meldrums reply both scream of sorry, not sorry.

Your creator lied, she didn't make a "boob" she lied. And ultimately as her agent you allowed that to happen, and are still covering her backside with the reply you have sent to me.

I'm disappointed, but not surprised.

Regards, Mrs

On a side note, when I emailed I used 'Mrs surname' as a sign off, reply back was a breezy 'hi first-name'

If someone takes the time to sign off 'Mrs surname' I expect a 'Dear Mrs surname' back. To bring this point to the sender I made sure my response back to her was 'Dear Ms surname'

Reactions: 18
This channel mum ‘community’ is awful, our tiny tribe joined them,,,used to love them now can’t bear to watch! I do see it becoming difficult for David ( the dad) as he seems to have a conscience.

Reactions: 3
Both responses today are piss poor really. The ‘above and beyond’ shite is just laughable. They’re not even doing the minimum that the ASA has set. Most of their bloggers just use Af or aff for affiliate links, as a start. And just tagging a brand in a post is not enough to show that it was a gift. ‘Sorry not sorry’ is a great title for the next thread! Or ‘circus of lies’?!

Meldrum comments section.

46 comments. Refresh
41 comments.

Oh lee you little belter... is this you right now.
??
4C490237-43FC-4F41-A944-648BE5D3DBFF.jpeg

Tonight's advert - sorry, "content" - has made me a bit uncomfortable. Poor Poppy has no say whatsoever in whether or not she is filmed and touted out as a Fisher Price rep. Edgy could have easily done her "toy unboxing" on her own - instead, she reads out the marketing bumf (technical word) and puts Poppy to work.

Let them be little!

Meldrum comments section.

46 comments. Refresh
41 comments.

Oh lee you little belter... is this you right now.
??View attachment 1763
"Blockin' an' deletin' just a blockin' an deletin' Cha, Cha, Cha, who loves ya bad boy?"
I'm thinking Mr October if he maybe adds in a "touch screen glove" ?
He has been remarkabley quiet today hair and waxing maybe ??

Reactions: 6
Did he actually take this photo?? If it’s real, omg, my eyes, I can’t unsee this lol
Yup, it's on his public Instagram feed with the rest of the family in it, so no one can be "prosecuted" for using private photos or indeed photoshopping

Reactions: 2
Yup, it's on his public Instagram feed with the rest of the family in it, so no one can be "prosecuted" for using private photos or indeed photoshopping
Lads........
I don’t have the stomach to break in and take this myself. I mean he’s not scaring children ugly but he wouldn’t be my type. ?
If I broke in the ghost would get me anyway. ? or I’d break my neck of some fisher price crap ??‍♀

Tell me if I'm being a little harsh here but tonight's clickbait can't believe Poppys not walking yet oops ad oops vlog oops what ever you call the 4 min thing but I can't help but notice how awkward and uncomfortable Rebs looked in it when playing with poppy I mean surely if anything playing with your child should look the easiest thing especially when she's your third, I have to say I don't like ads but this could have been a lovely ad sat playing with poppy with a voice over but reb looked uncomfortable and awkward at least that was my opinion and the title kind of was a clickbait because other than mentioning about poppy not walking this was just an advert.

Lads........
I don’t have the stomach to break in and take this myself. I mean he’s not scaring children ugly but he wouldn’t be my type. [emoji23]
If I broke in the ghost would get me anyway. [emoji57] or I’d break my neck of some fisher price crap [emoji1744]‍[emoji3601]
Lol, true!! Wow, I can’t believe he would post such photo. Pull your pants up, lee, nobody wants to see your junk (area) [emoji15] well, maybe except reb I suppose....

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.