Mrs Meldrum 3 - The One Who "disney" Declare Her Ads (The Meldrum Family)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
been blocked too for dare questioning saying that they had said they had paid for the trip... whoo hoo my work here is done!!

Reactions: 3
If brands gifted her stuff - and by stuff I mean ££££ guided Disney holidays, a fortnight on a Neilson resort, Bobby brown lipsticks, toys for the kids, riding lessons, clothes for the family, takeaways, groceries etc. and she NEVER ever mentioned them, those gifts would dry up pretty quickly and she bloody knows that.

Reactions: 4
Thank goodness I’ve found this... I am one of those followers who did get utterly sucked in, I needed the joules boots, avidly watched the primark hauls and made mental notes of what I HAD to buy and dreamed of taking my children to Disney...I watched them all... 2 weeks ago something changed, I’ve been diagnosed with post natal depression and a huge part of that was me thinking I needed to be like some of these influencers, that there life was how mine should be. Now of course I no deep down it’s not real life, they are given these things to make us buy them but I’m not ashamed to say I was stupid enough to believe they would make me a better mum.
Something needs to be done, real life isn’t a ‘here you go, have a jolly weekend at Disneyland’ or a fridge that I can remotely check the contents of whilst I’ve nipped to Tesco... Just be flipping (would love you swear but I won’t ?) honest!!!!

Reactions: 27
This is so true and 100% how i feel... i am getting to the point where I hate any youtuber because their life is just so unattainable that makes me feel like a failure.....
Understandable when you`re struggling jobs/children and money.However,would you want to forgo your children`s childhood and privacy for such "Perks"? That`s how i look at it ,and no way could i /would i have done. Also my children got what i felt was most important ,love ,security and attention.....without a camera!
It`s hard to stomach what these youtubers receive ,for basically doing what most of us do ,but filming it.Still unethical /morally wrong.(Hope that helps you feel better?:)x

Reactions: 6
Rebecca & Lee, we know you're reading here......if you really don't understand why the trip to Disney should have been properly declared from the start as a gifted trip and marked as an ad in partnership with Tesco, then you really need to speak to someone who can break down the ASA rules for you in a way that you can no longer claim they're so vague you can't understand them. You've been doing this for years yet you seem to be claiming ignorance over how to apply the rules...why do you find it so difficult to apply what are actually quite easy to follow guidelines? After having them explained to you in simple terms using the flow chart, if you still don't get it, then it's time to step away from this as a career because you're clearly not up to the job.

You really need to get your head round the idea that an #ad is not just being paid for something in cold hard cash. Flights, hotels, experiences, clothing etc. are all "payment in kind" (better talk to HMRC about that as well) and when you accept these freebies, you're in a partnership with the company that gave them to you. Although you've said Tesco only used one photo...that one photo was enough to make that entire trip a "work trip". You took a job from Tesco and partnered with them to promote the Disney clothing and part of that promotion was a trip to Disney which presumably had quite a bit going on behind the scenes to work it all out. How can you not see that it's "work". The entire thing from the pyjama post the night before until you got back home was in partnership with Tesco and EVERY SINGLE post and story should have been properly disclosed.

You've been caught with your hand in the cookie jar (again) and the "apology" today doesn't cut it. The way you lied by omission the whole weekend when asked about it was shameful. Show some humility, educate yourself so you can do your job properly and learn from this and do better. And stop blocking every single person who challenges you (by the way it's not "your platform", it's Instagram's and you don't own that space). Silencing people who have a different opinion or don't agree with everything you do or say is a slippery slope that never ends well.
This is a great informative piece and should be posted on the latest Instagram post. Very well written

Thank goodness I’ve found this... I am one of those followers who did get utterly sucked in, I needed the joules boots, avidly watched the primark hauls and made mental notes of what I HAD to buy and dreamed of taking my children to Disney...I watched them all... 2 weeks ago something changed, I’ve been diagnosed with post natal depression and a huge part of that was me thinking I needed to be like some of these influencers, that there life was how mine should be. Now of course I no deep down it’s not real life, they are given these things to make us buy them but I’m not ashamed to say I was stupid enough to believe they would make me a better mum.
Something needs to be done, real life isn’t a ‘here you go, have a jolly weekend at Disneyland’ or a fridge that I can remotely check the contents of whilst I’ve nipped to Tesco... Just be flipping (would love you swear but I won’t ?) honest!!!!
Oh My Gosh, I was once the same, brought a pair of shoes because a certain influencer recommended them, never saw the influencer wear them again. Feeling bad because I've never taken my child to Disney, she doesn't even like Disney but all the vloggers were telling me how magical it is. I got sucked in to believing they were really interested in this mum village. This is why it is so important to be transparent and honest. Sensible, educated, intelligent people get sucked into this marketing game. It's very profitable for the brands and influencers but damaging to the viewers and followers.

Reactions: 14
This is so true and 100% how i feel... i am getting to the point where I hate any youtuber because their life is just so unattainable that makes me feel like a failure.....
Dont feel like that lets face it Rebs life rarely looks perfect shes usually stomping around stressed or annoyed at something, rarely has time for her first born hardly the life i would want to achieve think about all you've got your probably happier lets face it im on her because im having fun shes sat on her phone cos shes got to do damage control not cos she wants too we will all have the last laugh in the end. For her i think she sadly is chasing a dream she will never obtain and thats to be in the league of Zoella, Louise Pentland or the Sacconejolys so she will never be happy.

Reactions: 8
Lucy Jessica Carter posted something three days ago about integrity..wonder whether that was a dig at Mrs m?

Reactions: 1
Lucy Jessica Carter posted something three days ago about integrity..wonder whether that was a dig at Mrs m?
They have collabed before.

But i suspect channel mum pairs them up on them tedious paired vlogs usually celebrating their personal style or lack of it.

She seldom networks with other vloggers
Im sure she has very few close freinds

She met a stranger in Henley at random tit ellas kitchen event she went to.

Im sure many are fuming with her right now as shes thrown the spotlight on other vloggers they now being asked how they paid. Was it an ad.

Reactions: 1
She made a “boob” how patronising. Your supposed to be s professional in a professional industry. If I made a “boob” at work breaching rules and regulations I would be reprimanded

Reactions: 5
Oh My Gosh, I was once the same, brought a pair of shoes because a certain influencer recommended them, never saw the influencer wear them again. Feeling bad because I've never taken my child to Disney, she doesn't even like Disney but all the vloggers were telling me how magical it is. I got sucked in to believing they were really interested in this mum village. This is why it is so important to be transparent and honest. Sensible, educated, intelligent people get sucked into this marketing game. It's very profitable for the brands and influencers but damaging to the viewers and followers.

We are all victims we all watched her once.
This whole village is manipulating like a cults.

Channel mum seem the worst.
Be interested to hear their response.
It became ckear at capri sun event theres a hierachy of vloggers.

She made a “boob” how patronising. Your supposed to be s professional in a professional industry. If I made a “boob” at work breaching rules and regulations I would be reprimanded
There on lies the issues

Inappropriate wording
Being too casual
Not acting at all professional
She should know its a business
Her whole income for entire family depends on it.
If i was her i be seriously stressed right now.

This may damage any future work with brands even if she does reach her magical 100k

But she's never had a real job
Shes always been a spoilt princess.

Reactions: 4
Omg another new ad

She doesnt give a xxxx what anyone thinks

Thick tick
Arrogant tick

She is declaring it though, so it's legal.

Cringy though, shes added a voice over in bits after filming to gush about the brand.

No, MrsM, we aren’t confused in the slightest and the rules aren’t vague at all.
2A958F22-3E1C-4C02-AD66-69390BA6046B.jpeg

well Mrs M I wonder what happened a few days ago you said sorry for all the ads and that everything would be back to normail from then on. Since then nothing but ads apart from 1 house move vlog so im assuming normality is just ad ad ad now.

The defence of “ oh, the rules are all a bit vauge and I just don’t really understand it!” Is utter tosh

If that was the case then surely she would be covering her arse and going all out to fully declare everything just to make sure she’s covered?

She knows exactly what she should have done.

She needs to work on her CPD, if the ASA rules are so unclear to her then she should spend time working out what the rules actually are. Sorry, this is your job. You might not have a boss to answer to, but you have a duty to make sure you are staying legal.

I have to know the ins and outs of new legislation and policies for my role.. if I don't know them I ask, or research or complete courses. It's part of my CPD.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.