Mrs Meldrum 3 - The One Who "disney" Declare Her Ads (The Meldrum Family)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just an opinion just like yours... if you are a right minded person living in this so called society there is no way you could be misled... you would simply disagree and unfollow
Or I could report it to ASA ??‍♀ ??

Reactions: 8
Or I could report it to ASA ??‍♀ ??
Yeah cuse that’s what you do when a business is up to no good, you turn a blind eye.....and tell me something why has Mrs M been made to apologise in first place if we weren’t all misled? (Was replying to Emma’s comments above!)

Reactions: 2
She even has the neck to say thank you to someone lower down after that comment when says who cares if it was gifted or not, you’s deserve it. Viewers clearly can’t differentiate between Mrs M being a person/business. Under the Mrs M page she’s a business and rules apply
That’s why it’s so scary!! These ‘influencers prey on the whole ‘friends’ thing whilst slyly pushing the products they’ve been asked to promote/been gifted!!

Reactions: 1
As I said, I think it was mentioned on the previous Meldrum thread and it was deleted quickly. And the vast majority of people here have no interest in revealing where it is. I don’t know where it is but I do know what to Google to find it out and that has all come from her, not from here.

On a different note, if everything was above board and they had been super honest about Disney, it was still an awful fit for her channel. Not because of Disney itself but F and F character clothing when she’s always been clear she never puts her kids in character clothing! Just a few days after a post stating they always go with things that are a ‘genuine collaboration.’

Reactions: 5
Aww I miss lee....wonder if he’ ever coming back? c’mon you cheeky little belta! ???

Reactions: 3
Rebecca & Lee, we know you're reading here......if you really don't understand why the trip to Disney should have been properly declared from the start as a gifted trip and marked as an ad in partnership with Tesco, then you really need to speak to someone who can break down the ASA rules for you in a way that you can no longer claim they're so vague you can't understand them. You've been doing this for years yet you seem to be claiming ignorance over how to apply the rules...why do you find it so difficult to apply what are actually quite easy to follow guidelines? After having them explained to you in simple terms using the flow chart, if you still don't get it, then it's time to step away from this as a career because you're clearly not up to the job.

You really need to get your head round the idea that an #ad is not just being paid for something in cold hard cash. Flights, hotels, experiences, clothing etc. are all "payment in kind" (better talk to HMRC about that as well) and when you accept these freebies, you're in a partnership with the company that gave them to you. Although you've said Tesco only used one photo...that one photo was enough to make that entire trip a "work trip". You took a job from Tesco and partnered with them to promote the Disney clothing and part of that promotion was a trip to Disney which presumably had quite a bit going on behind the scenes to work it all out. How can you not see that it's "work". The entire thing from the pyjama post the night before until you got back home was in partnership with Tesco and EVERY SINGLE post and story should have been properly disclosed.

You've been caught with your hand in the cookie jar (again) and the "apology" today doesn't cut it. The way you lied by omission the whole weekend when asked about it was shameful. Show some humility, educate yourself so you can do your job properly and learn from this and do better. And stop blocking every single person who challenges you (by the way it's not "your platform", it's Instagram's and you don't own that space). Silencing people who have a different opinion or don't agree with everything you do or say is a slippery slope that never ends well.

Reactions: 21
But does them doing that affect your daily life? A simple unfollow and you could get on with your day.

Or will the police entertain this law breaking activity?

Im Just curious and in that create such a response.. so amusing
How is reacting to youtubers breaking the rules against the law?
Many people on here are parentes and want the rules to be followed,

Ok I’ve been a lurker on this thread but feel the need to comment. I’ve followed MrsM from the beginning and had always enjoyed her content up until probably the last year.
This thread has really opened my eyes. Obviously I’m not gullible enough to think that a 10 minute vlog or Instagram post is anything but a glorified version of their life but I feel really really misled by how they have portrayed their life. All these years of feeling rubbish because I was watching someone with the ‘perfect’ life, being able to afford a beautiful 4 bed house and 3 holidays a year. All of the £150 joules boots and coats for the kids. When really it’s all a bit of a lie as it’s been gifted or promoted. It’s not just the meldrums it’s ‘influencers’ as a whole. I believe it’s detrimental to the mental health of many many people.
There needs to be a lot more transparency in the industry!
Who cares that their home was a part ownership, I wouldn’t but the secrecy of it and the fake ness of them being wealthy and middle class is gross.
I wouldn’t have known any of this if I hadn’t have stumbled across these threads. It’s disgusting how people are mis led. It makes me sick that there are 100s of 1000s of families out there that can’t afford a holiday, or new shoes for their kids, even Christmas presents, yet people on Instagram get it thrown at them For free and can’t even be honest about it! How horrendous must a lot of these parents feel? I know because I have been there!
This is a bit of a ramble, I’m really rubbish at getting my point across in words. There just needs to be more honesty.

Reactions: 35
Ok I’ve been a lurker on this thread but feel the need to comment. I’ve followed MrsM from the beginning and had always enjoyed her content up until probably the last year.
This thread has really opened my eyes. Obviously I’m not gullible enough to think that a 10 minute vlog or Instagram post is anything but a glorified version of their life but I feel really really misled by how they have portrayed their life. All these years of feeling rubbish because I was watching someone with the ‘perfect’ life, being able to afford a beautiful 4 bed house and 3 holidays a year. All of the £150 joules boots and coats for the kids. When really it’s all a bit of a lie as it’s been gifted or promoted. It’s not just the meldrums it’s ‘influencers’ as a whole. I believe it’s detrimental to the mental health of many many people.
Who cares that their home was a part ownership, I wouldn’t but the secrecy of it and the fake ness of them being wealthy and middle class is gross.
I wouldn’t have known any of this if I hadn’t have stumbled across these threads. It’s disgusting how people are mis led. It makes me sick that there are 100s of 1000s of families out there that can’t afford a holiday, or new shoes for their kids, even Christmas presents, yet people on Instagram get it thrown at them For free and can’t even be honest about it! How horrendous must a lot of these parents feel? I know because I have been there!
This is a bit of a ramble, I’m really rubbish at getting my point across in words. There just needs to be more honesty.

No rambling at all. You’ve experienced them just the same as the rest of us have

What I can't get is that both R & L can't use the oops silly me, so busy with the house we forgot to tell the truth. They admitted the VIP guildes was gifted so how could they forget about the flights, hotel, tickets to the park for 2 adults and 2 children plus the clothing the girls had to model for F&F.

What I can't get is that both R & L can't use the oops silly me, so busy with the house we forgot to tell the truth. They admitted the VIP guildes was gifted so how could they forget about the flights, hotel, tickets to the park for 2 adults and 2 children plus the clothing the girls had to model for F&F.
They really do think their audience is gullible as they are falling for it hook, line and sinker.

This is so true and 100% how i feel... i am getting to the point where I hate any youtuber because their life is just so unattainable that makes me feel like a failure.....

Reactions: 9
Anyway , it wasn't just one picture that Tesco used ..there was the group shot of them on the grass with the characters ..but on Tesco's stories over the weekend they also had a pic of all 4 of them with Cinderella.
It was like the Gleneagles trip when she insisted that Gleneagles had gifted them the stay but there was no need for them to share it on social media they just chose too. I'm sure that's Gleneagles was thinking , that they would gift a free stay worth a few thousand and that she wouldn't show any pics of vlogs for it !? Why does she think they are giving it to her if not to promote ..really why does she think they are giving them a free stay ?
She didn't declare that at first either did she until people kept asking for an explanation ?

Reactions: 6
Not rambling at all. An eloquent way of describing how a lot of us are feeling. I unfollowed etc all of them a few months ago and my mental health instantly improved. It’s a bit of a long and boring story as to how I ended up here. In short it’s not really my kind of site. I don’t have a problem with, it’s just not for me because it’s been better for me to step away. But Mrs Meldrums recent lies have got my back up so much, and much of the reasons why are explained in your post.

I just came across this website and feel such a strong need to comment. I for one would never belittle anyone including everyone that negatively comments on other people's lives however, i am so intrigued to know what actually possesses you people to do so.

Regardless of these influencers and their daily activities, how on the grand scale of things does that affect the running of your life?
If you are not enjoying the way a person presents anything paid or otherwise surely you would just unfollow and get on with your day.

The need to be so negative directly reflects the level of happiness in your life or maybe we are growing into a society that is literally offended by everything?!

I guess what I'm saying is, tomorrow's not guaranteed so why waste time being so negative and thrive to fill your days trying to improve ourselves
why waste your time coming on here Rebecca

Reactions: 7
This is so true and 100% how i feel... i am getting to the point where I hate any youtuber because their life is just so unattainable that makes me feel like a failure.....
Don’t feel like a failure, they are selling their souls to the highest bidder! Go and watch The minimalists on Netflix ( youtube) now I’m not saying become a minimalist, but it does make you stop and think about how all this ‘stuff’ that’s supposed to make you happy actually doesn’t! It really helped my mental health in the most amazing way!! I have no jealousy at all over what they get, it would drive me insane if every day more stuff kept arriving. Like the Midas touch but with stuff.. keeps coming and coming! Their house/attic makes me shudder with all the crap in it!! Go through life lightly, spend time not money on your kids, you will raise wonderful rounded adults, not screwed up ones like these mummy floggers!

Anyway , it wasn't just one picture that Tesco used ..there was the group shot of them on the grass with the characters ..but on Tesco's stories over the weekend they also had a pic of all 4 of them with Cinderella.
It was like the Gleneagles trip when she insisted that Gleneagles had gifted them the stay but there was no need for them to share it on social media they just chose too. I'm sure that's Gleneagles was thinking , that they would gift a free stay worth a few thousand and that she wouldn't show any pics of vlogs for it !? Why does she think they are giving it to her if not to promote ..really why does she think they are giving them a free stay ?
She didn't declare that at first either did she until people kept asking for an explanation ?
Oh yes I forgot that the Cinderella photo appeared on their story.

So we have:

1) The picture outside the castle with Pluto etc
2) The Cinderella photo outside Auberge de Cindrellion
3) Meeting Snow White by the wishing well which was on either Mrs M, Lee or F and F on their story
4) I follow quite a few Disney accounts on twitter and one of them shows one of the other families with Minnie Mouse (in a special costume) by Bistrot Chez Remy on the same night Mrs M said they ate there so chance are that’s another one

Reactions: 1
Lol, she's so bloody irritating. Such an attention-seeker. And don't get me started on those dramatic Insta posts and photos of her looking up to the ceiling.
There’s a new thread here dedicated to the lovely Charl!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.