Mrs Meldrum 3 - The One Who "disney" Declare Her Ads (The Meldrum Family)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t believe they’re just blocking people who ask if it’s an ad? It’s like they actually want people to gossip and slag them off on forums instead! Maybe it’s good for numbers. Hate watchers are still watchers.

Reactions: 2
Lee, as a man, would you not feel a better about yourself if you had a job, worked hard and paid to take your daughter to Disney land and whilst you were there put your phone away and enjoyed your family and the sense of satisfaction that comes with providing for them?

Simple question

Reactions: 9
I can’t believe they’re just blocking people who ask if it’s an ad? It’s like they actually want people to gossip and slag them off on forums instead! Maybe it’s good for numbers. Hate watchers are still watchers.
Im glad i found this forum because i thought i was almost alone reacting to this. They block so people think oh its all posetive here. I m suprised they Get away with all of it.

I have just joined, although have been reading for a while now! I couldn't believe how easy it was to find out their new house on Google maps! I don't know how they can continue to make videos knowing how easy it is for viewers to find out their wereabouts! Any normal parent would not want to put their children at risk like this!

As much as I think this forum is great can we drop the archaic notion that Lee should "get a job" and "be with the men" simply because he's the only man in a family of wee girls. I see a lot of people disgusted that he's a stay at home dad and it's so annoying to me - families are all different and it's cool that he can be a stay at home dad, as the daughter of a man in oil I know how hard it was having him offshore all the time. The reason he needs to get a job is nothing to do with him being a man and needing to be masculine, it's to do with an inconsistent income and a crippling mortgage ? be interesting to see when and where he goes back to work!

Reactions: 13
For those wanting to complain to Channel Mum (as they are her management team) email address is [email protected]
And if not done so already unsubscribe from all aspects of her and her husband's social media.

Reactions: 5
As much as I think this forum is great can we drop the archaic notion that Lee should "get a job" and "be with the men" simply because he's the only man in a family of wee girls. I see a lot of people disgusted that he's a stay at home dad and it's so annoying to me - families are all different and it's cool that he can be a stay at home dad, as the daughter of a man in oil I know how hard it was having him offshore all the time. The reason he needs to get a job is nothing to do with him being a man and needing to be masculine, it's to do with an inconsistent income and a crippling mortgage ? be interesting to see when and where he goes back to work!
I don't think many have said it in a sexist way. I've said it just because her work so insecure they really do need a backup plan espically with such a huge mortgage.

For those wanting to complain to Channel Mum (as they are her management team) email address is [email protected]
And if not done so already unsubscribe from all aspects of her and her husband's social media.
Thanks. I’ll make sure and complain. I’ve had a reply from ASA that they received my complaint and to call them with any more info if I have any

Agree with this to an extent. It annoys me that to be valued in society you have to be in a “proper” job. I liked them better when they had another income as I don’t think they were as grabby/ad driven in their content then, but being a stay at home dad is a great thing to do and it shouldn’t be valued any less or deemed insignificant. He appears to love it.

Reactions: 1
I don’t have a problem with stay at home dads - but he’s not ACTUALLY doing that, when he is playing golf, skiing, being a taxi for moody and following her around primark, home bargains.

There is no reason why HE as a SAHD can’t take the youngest 2 to Playgroup’s, kindergym, peep groups etc swimming lessons. She use to take Florence to some dance class then that stopped, they never take poppy to anything, if he is a sahd step up and do this, in less than a year Florence will be at the School too.

None of the other channel mums need their partners to drive them around. At the start of Jan/Feb when they were doing their daily vlogs I prob watched nearly them all (had just found them at that point, my oh works offshore but 6-7 wks away) most days he was fannying around, he was doing the majority of the vlogs as sulky/moody Rebs couldn’t be arsed with them.

But I agree it will be interesting to see it play out with the cost of running this new house. Which if I was them I would be changing the name of - since the house was named in some national newspapers regarding the murder.

Reactions: 6
I think the point is that neither of the adults in the family have a job.They are relying on selling their children's privacy to the highest bidder as their only source of income.

This is unpalatable to, in particular the working parents amongst us and so we are saying get a job....to either parent!

Reactions: 8
I agree with the last 2 posts. I have just emailed Channel Mum to ask them to clarify what was the arrangement regarding the DLP trip. As they’re her management they should know! ‘Radio silence’ from Reb after her rug beg first thing, I wonder if she’s in talks with her manager about trying to do a bit of damage control! If she wasn’t given that trip I know the last thing I’d want to do is arse about doing brand photoshoots! I know when we took our 3 to DLP it was great but completely full on and tiring and that was without a million staged insta-worthy moments! :D

Reactions: 4
Totally agree with everyone's comments about how they don't have jobs, that was kind of my secondary point! Not aiming at anyone in particular, it's just the underlying sexism I don't like on a few posts I've seen. God what a bore I am, lecturing about ethics on a gossip site! ? Sorry folks! The main thing is that these two are actually deeply irresponsible - they have 3 children to provide for and a half assed "career" in social media isn't going to cut it, especially with that house. One of them needs an actual job.

I personally have no issue with anyone who doesn’t have a “conventional” job. My issue is with people blatantly exploiting their children and pulling the wool over ? eyes in order to pay your bills. It’s not a job I would like as I can barley be arsed taking a photo when I’m out never mind a full on photo shoot in a forest to show off my #non spon supermarket clothes ?

Reactions: 8
I am completely new here, but am quite fascinated to see how it plays out as I too have been blocked off of her Instagram for pointing something out about the eldest missing school. Certainly amongst myself and friends we are seeing inconsistencies in their posts.

Totally agree with everyone's comments about how they don't have jobs, that was kind of my secondary point! Not aiming at anyone in particular, it's just the underlying sexism I don't like on a few posts I've seen. God what a bore I am, lecturing about ethics on a gossip site! ? Sorry folks! The main thing is that these two are actually deeply irresponsible - they have 3 children to provide for and a half assed "career" in social media isn't going to cut it, especially with that house. One of them needs an actual job.
If you want to talk about ethics, lets talk about exploitation of children, invading their privacy, a digital footprint that lays them open to identity theft, high risk of bullying and exposure to preditors, all so as the parent can have free stuff and not work.......Ethics, yes lets talk about it....I only hope that the children's schools/social workers are equally concerned..

Reactions: 5
I agree with the last 2 posts. I have just emailed Channel Mum to ask them to clarify what was the arrangement regarding the DLP trip. As they’re her management they should know! ‘Radio silence’ from Reb after her rug beg first thing, I wonder if she’s in talks with her manager about trying to do a bit of damage control! If she wasn’t given that trip I know the last thing I’d want to do is arse about doing brand photoshoots! I know when we took our 3 to DLP it was great but completely full on and tiring and that was without a million staged insta-worthy moments! :D[/
If you want to talk about ethics, lets talk about exploitation of children, invading their privacy, a digital footprint that lays them open to identity theft, high risk of bullying and exposure to preditors, all so as the parent can have free stuff and not work.......Ethics, yes lets talk about it....I only hope that the children's schools/social workers are equally concerned..
Did a google search and if anyone has complaints regarding schooling, should be made to education department, Aberdeenshire council, woodhill house, Aberdeen

Last edited:
I think greed makes one blind. And greed is a downfall sooner or later. It should be against the lae to make money of children.

Reactions: 1
So blatantly trying to get free rugs/carpets!!\i won’t touch any company that works with her from now on! And yes, I am someone who used to love her content.
So have her # favourites Matalan and Homesense let her down in the rug provision department? Or is she moved onto the bigger league and is hoping for maybe John Lewis ? Got to give her credit for getting in there that she wasn't fussy if someone offered her not a rug but carpeting. And that's for " The WHOLE downstairs living area!" In case you missed that.......
Again you knew what the flooring was before the move, save your pennies or make do with more than adequate flooring, stop expecting everyone else to provide ?

Reactions: 10
And so desperate to get on there for her latest blagfest she couldn't even be arsed to wash her face first, dirty besom!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.