Mrs Meldrum 3 - The One Who "disney" Declare Her Ads (The Meldrum Family)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It does seem that none of the ladies who were tagged at Disney on the f&f page have put that it's an ad on their Instagram so as much as I hate to say it then it could be Tesco and not Reb. However she still twisted the truth instead of being openly honest.

Polish family seem really lovely!! I wish I could speak Polish so I could understand more of what they say
They seemed genuinely exited
Very hands on with rides and parades
All 3 of their kids got equal attention.
F&f were tagged lots throughout the trip in pics and stories..
Because i dont speak polish I'm unsure how they got the trip especially as they live in Poland tesco must have stores there.

It does seem that none of the ladies who were tagged at Disney on the f&f page have put that it's an ad on their Instagram so as much as I hate to say it then it could be Tesco and not Reb. However she still twisted the truth instead of being openly honest.
And like brummymummy, if a brand is asking you to do something shady, tell them where to go! Have some integrity. I get the impression they don’t have much in the way of morals though, it’s all about the money. Maybe a result of it being their only income source. How many people have said they used to enjoy her channel more when lee worked? Maybe they weren’t so grabby back then. I certainly remember liking her more before.

Reactions: 3
She was asked outright if the trip was gifted/expenses paid, she said only thing they had given were VIP passes. So which is it? All the trip paid for or just passes in exchange for F&F photo? Still work and still not just Edgy and Pat taking S away for her birthday.

I’m really disappointed in Tesco giving freebies to families who can well afford them themselves. They could’ve ran a competition or something to give 10 ordinary families, whose parents actually work for a living, a fantastic trip to Disney which they couldn’t otherwise afford.

Reactions: 19
She was asked outright if the trip was gifted/expenses paid, she said only thing they had given were VIP passes. So which is it? All the trip paid for or just passes in exchange for F&F photo? Still work and still not just Edgy and Pat taking S away for her birthday.
I think the fact that she didn't just say "we paid for flights, hotel, meals, park entry and were gifted VIP passes by Tesco" tells us it was all paid for.

Sly reb is just trying to make out that she just had an upgrade from the brand as it sounds way more palatable and it's a half truth.

If Tesco told them to break the law with not declaring it she should have told them no and for once have some integrity.

I'm doing my online shop with Sainsbury's this week instead of Tesco, I do think they are better quality and seem to have a bit more ethics.

Reactions: 2
How quickly they move on will be all house this week and maybe a disney vlog next week.

No negative comments on her you tube or are all the negative ones blocked.
Fb seems very censored
Tesco still have no comment.

They probably think they got away with it.

Poor s must be tired as mine went back today and only had 1 week off.

Little people dont like change my 7 year old gets few wobbles.

Moving house is huge between 2 holidays.

I do wonder if they have so many breaks they no longer feel special.

Reactions: 1
She’ll try and justify it all (if she ever actually acknowledges it, which is doubtful in the extreme) that they have a mortgage to pay blah blah blah and they have to accept ads and freebies that might by fit 100% sometimes.

Could you imagine if this was any other industry? Pretend for a moment you’ve got someone to come round and do some building work. They’ve quoted you for using high end materials but actually do the job using cheap stuff. You complain and they say, “Well, yeah we’ve got a mortgage to pay. This is my full time job. Sometimes you’ve got to cut corners to pay the bills.” It just wouldn’t happen! Or if it did that person would be reported to trading standards!

At the end of the day I really do not care how they love their lives. Big house, small house, shared ownership, renting, ownership. Stay at home parents, working parents, favourite child, everyone equal. You do you. But if I find your content (the stuff you’re putting out for entertainment) dull then I’m going to say it’s dull. If you lie and deceive your followers that’s a problem for me. Not just for me, it’s the laws problem too. There is ‘not being entirely upfront’ and there is being downright deceptive. There is ‘clearing things up’ and there is lying by omission.

Reactions: 10
How quickly they move on will be all house this week and maybe a disney vlog next week.

No negative comments on her you tube or are all the negative ones blocked.
Fb seems very censored
Tesco still have no comment.

They probably think they got away with it.

Poor s must be tired as mine went back today and only had 1 week off.

Little people dont like change my 7 year old gets few wobbles.

Moving house is huge between 2 holidays.

I do wonder if they have so many breaks they no longer feel special.
she won’t care, it’s all about Reb in that house!

I'm loving the fact that the polish family have really made her look even more bad with how thankful and excited and happy they seem to have been over the trip they really look like they had a wonderful time. I bet Reb is going mad that they were there and that they come across so nice.

Straight to Insta, begging for rugs for their "solid oak floors". Don't buy a house you can't afford to furnish!!

Reactions: 7
Wait a min is this more lies I thought they only had about 5 boxes on moving day left to unpack but her makeup stuff is still in boxes so the boxes you didn't unpack are the things such as make up that you use everyday? But everything else was unpacked. I used to be a big fan but now just feel everything she says is lies. Oh and get off your butt Reb and go look for some rugs it's not like you have to go to work and take care of the kids and do all the errands you have all your staff to help (aka Lee and all the parents) and no real job, sorry for the little rant there but I'm so annoyed about how I fell for all her lies the last couple of years.

All this begging for comments is so she can charge even more for her #ads by claiming she's got such a dedicated audience.

She must have had a major blocking session on Insta! I've never commented on her posts but I did like some of the comments on the F&F photo and I'm blocked.

What a bunch of bitter people!!
Get a life instead of sitting on here trying to bring people down... nothing but bullies.. envious, jealous bullies.
Yawn..
Are you jealous too? Is that why you are here? Instead of coming in and calling us bullies, why not bring evidence or opinion to the group to discuss rather than attack.

I think because she has narcissistic tendencies she is getting all hung up on what people are saying about her new home. Can we agree to stop speaking about that so much and concentrate on asking her about her ads and the lack of transparency. If she can't hide behind what people are saying about her new house then she will surely have to address the concerns her audience has with regards to clarity. No one is bullying Mrs Meldrum, we have enjoyed watching her vlogs at one stage or another but she is now seeming to be shady with the truth and the more clever people who watch her shouldn't just have to shuffle off quietly and let her carry on being deceptive. Whether it was her deception or fandf, she is involved.

She must have had a major blocking session on Insta! I've never commented on her posts but I did like some of the comments on the F&F photo and I'm blocked.
I know. That's what happened to me too. Really sad that we aren't allowed the freedom to voice our own opinion ??
I think she went nuts about the fandf post because someone said something nasty about her new home, so she completely missed the point ?

Cooklove, I think anyone can speak about whatever they want on here! Can people stop trying to say what should and should not be discussed! What’s more sad, us gossiping about a ‘public’ figure or ???trying to tell us off!!!

Last edited:
She has blocked me too. I never commented but I did dm her to ask politely if the Paris trip was gifted. I have a 2nd account so I can still keep an ? on her. She s really a very unpleasant person imo. Their sense of entitlement and superiority astounds me. Blatantly begging for rugs for her new dream house this morning. Has she no pride? I also think that she, like a lot of bloggers only shows the tip of the iceberg of the freebies she has sent to her p.o. box. They're making a small fortune reselling on eBay etc.

The things with Mrs M that I’ve noticed is that she has very clear idea of what, to her, constitutes an advert - I.e she thinks it’s only when it’s a post she’s been asked to write and one that she is paid money for. But it’s not her rules what she can’t and can’t declare. This isn’t just a hobby for her and mr melt, it’s their business,so they should be investing some time understanding the rules and regulations that apply to their business. Aff links - they’re an advert (and secondary advertising at that so additional rules apply). Gifts - they’re all an advert. Regardless whether you’ve been asked to write about them or not. Holidays you’ve not paid for - also an advert. I’m amazed by so many of her followers not realising they’re being sold to. All the “they’re a hardworking family, why can’t they spend their money on a Disney holiday”. I mean, these people must be a bit thick, but still, they don’t deserve to be deceived like that for the meldrums own monetary gain.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.